20041009 - 10/9/04 - Western

I also received the same message from Ron Jon on my ans. machine, so looks like we will have a room for Friday night!
The kids cant wait to use the water slide.

I got an email from Debbie regarding the change and she only said that they rescheduled GC for costa maya.... nothing about any hints in regards to not going to costa maya..... I am pretty sure Disney will stick with what they have announced....

I also got a call on my answering machine from Ron Jons today. So I guess it is safe to assume that our reservations are good for thurs and fri nite. I called yesterday just to get a update but the reservationist didn't have ANY information on anything (room conditions, pool conditions) :rolleyes:
Saw something from Dave of Marietta (DCL tribute) on another thread that Ron Jons was not taking new reservations until Nov. HMMM...sure hope their pools are operational since that is why I chose Ron Jons.

Jennifer

Have also just read that we may not go to costa maya, i really don't mind where we go as long as i know where it is and can plan something for the day, i think it's a bit unfair to leave us to the day of sailing to announce excursions etc ( as we all know we can book cheaper non dcl) but won't have time to plan anything, i understand that it must be a major hassle for DCL but by now they will have negotiated with whatever port they are using for the next 3 weeks and should be able to keep us updated, if it wasn't for this site i wouldn't have a clue about any changes as DCL / DVC havent' been in touch, it's been a godsend.
Moan over :-)

I don't think I am booking an excursion ahead of time (if we go to Costa Maya:rolleyes: ). I read that there are taxi's that will take you anywhere, including the ruins. I am interested in the Monkey Farm. Has anyone heard of this? It is free, but they do appreciate donations. From what I read, they rehabilitate monkeys (spider monkeys I think) to put them back into the wild. Some are cage because they will attack humans, but I heard that others roam freely and you can pick them up and hold them. This would be really nice for my DD, she wants to be a zoologist when she is older. Not sure where else we will go, either the ruins (the Monkey Farm is on the way to the ruins) or the beach, which I heard was awesome.:)

BTW, finally doing the document dance!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :thewave: :cloud9: :boat:

Cindy

Just received an official email from Allseastravel confirming Costa Maya. I called and they are going to see if they can get the excursion info - once I get it I will post.

Denise

I want to know times we will be in port in Costa Maya (or where ever!). This is to be able to plan excursions. If anyone hears, please post.
Thanks

Here is what I recd from Allseastravel- I will email them to see if they have the times for Costa Maya

Due to damage from Hurricane Ivan the itinerary for your Disney Cruise has
changed to:

Saturday - Port Canaveral
Sunday - Key West
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - Costa Maya
Wednesday - Cozumel
Thursday - At Sea
Friday - Castaway Cay
Saturday - Port Canaveral

The ship will not call on Grand Cayman.

DCL confirmed verbally with me today, costa maya, port times not confirmed yet, excursions will be available to book onboard.

When phone calls went out to people cancelling their early Oct reservations at Ron Jon's I made a ressie at AKL. I felt a little better when I got a phone call from Ron Jons offering the tourist info but then on another thread a poster with a 10/29 reservation couldnt get them to confirm they would be open. They told him they would call if not open. It puts me in a bind since you have to cancel AKL 5 days out. Can anyone confirm Ron Jons being open. Anyone heard if the pool, slide, miniput etc. is open. It was the reason for wanting to go there.

By the way - its so good to be posting again - I was in NY for most of the summer with very limited computer access. I was having DIS withdrawals!! Then when we got home we changed our internet provider so I had to re-register (originally WDWgirls) I missed my disboards.::yes::

Michelle

Has anyone booked a mayan ruin tour? If so, who did you book it through? I've seen a few different options, but I'm a little unsure...

Another question, I'm assuming the staterooms have normal electrical outlets. Is that correct?

Thanks!:wave2:

We have the Tulum tour booked for Cozumel right now, but I plan to switch to the Cavern Exploration & Beach Tour there since we are going to Costa Maya. From what I've read, the Costa Maya ruins will be more our speed. You can apparently climb on them (a no-no at Tulum) and they are in a natural jungle setting - the tours I've seen listed for other cruise lines look pretty cool. This is a must-do for DD11!

Carla

Thanks Traycie2201 - I love AKL too and am leaning toward going there. Will be heading up to Orlando this weekend as I live on Treasure Coast and Jeanne may be planning to visit. I'm so sick of hurricane season.....I'm still packed from the last one.

Michelle

I cannot believe there is another one headed your way, i see the port has evacuation order in place for this weekend ! I'm due to fly in next sat for a week before cruise, pray the place and everyone all okay. What is going on with the weather, me thinks global warming showing it's ugly face ?

It's not global warming. It's a cycle of hurricanes. From 1920ish to 1970 we had a cycle of very abd hurricanes. Then they stopped. And untl 2 years ago Florida only had sporadic hits by hurricanes. The cycle has begun again.
Global warming has had no effect on this per NOAA and the Hurricane Center.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my daughter and I are on this cruise yayyyyyyyyy...............I am so excited
My son entertains on the Magic I am so excited to see him!

I just got off the phone with the Disney Excursion agent.

She wouldn't fax me a copy of what excursions there were, but she read them to me over the phone.

Mind you, I was writing while she was talking. The main details are correct, the descriptions may have minor details left out. These 5 are the only ones they are offering. Hope this helps all of the other OCD planners like me!

Lori

Costa Maya Beach & Snorkel

Adults: $40 Children: $35 ages 5 and older
4.5 hr excursion, times 7:45 am & 11:45 am

50 min. air conditioned bus ride, 1 hour 15 minutes snorkeling in 3' to 15' of water. Bring insect repellant.

Costa Maya Boat Snorkel

Adults: $49 ages 10 and older
4.5 hr excursion, times 7:45 am & 11:45 am

Snorkel in 2nd larges coral reef. 45 minute snorkel in 10' to 20' of water.

Outdoor Bike & Kayak

Adults: $42 ages 10 and older
3.5 to 4 hours, times 7:45 am & 11:45 am

Enjoy exercise, biking & kayaking near coastline. Gear provided. High exercise level.

Chacchoben Ruins

Adults: $59 Children: $49 ages 5 and older
4.5 to 5 hours, times 8:00 am ( I didn't catch if there was another time)

Tour the jungle near the border of Belize. Take a 1 hour 10 minute air conditioned bus ride to ruins where you can climb on and experience them. Complementary drinks are provided. Bring Insect repellant.

All Terrain Expedition

Adults: $55 Ages 10 and older
4 to 4.5 hours, time 8:00 am & 12:00 pm

Take a military style truck on a 4x4 adventure. Rugged jungle off road and kayak in river. Bring Insect repellant.

Jungle Beach Break

Adults: $37 Children $32
4.5 hours, time: 9:00 am and 12:00 pm

Enjoy hammocks, volleyball courts, kayaking and paddleboats. (may be more) Round trip bus ride and open bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter