20040410 - Roll Call April 10, 2004 Easter Cruise!!

Hi,
We decided to do the REAS package....I'm going to surprise my wife!

I made resv. at Palo for Tuesday night at 8:00pm, and brunch Thursday at 12:00.......I've heard fantastic things about Palo's for brunch......

We are staying the night before the cruise at the Swan & Dolphin Resort. We got a great rate w/ a teachers discount special. I was going to use my points(DVC), but w/ the rate they gave me, i'm saving my points.

See you all very soon,
Doug

I guess all you fellow cruises that are doing the REAS package are using up all the available Palo's brunch ressies', Please leave a slot for 2 for Monday morning at 11:30am. My wife and I would really like to try it before our DIS meet. We do not plan on having dinner at Palo's as we want to do the entire dining rotation this cruise.

So you fellow Dis'ers you can have the dinner ressie's all for yourself.

Well it's getting real close now, I got the suit cases out the other day and have starting gathering items to put in them. Picked up a small collapsable ice chest for the cruise to take some water and wine on board.

Have changed our plans for Friday as now my family was pineing as I was going to the parks and they weren't. I have an AP, so what did they do, went out over the weekend and bought PH's before the price increase. So now they'll have their tickets for our August trip also.

So no Boma's at AKL, we'll do Epcot, Mission Space, maybe a few other rides depending on crowds and over to MK for Mickey's Philamagic and stay for the 11:00pm Wishes fire works. Then back to car to drive to MCO and the Hyatt for nighty nighty before our big day.

See everyone real soon.

Dennis, let me know if I can help with the ride as we get closer, I'll PM you with my Cell # during the week.

kennyk:wave:

WELL SINGLE DIGIT DANCE ALMOST HERE:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I can't wait for this vacation and the cruise, I am really getting stressed from things going on at work and need so badly some R & R.

See everyone in ten days,

LieLani and Melissa, don't know yet if I'll make the drinks at GF. Still trying. I might hop over on the ML and then back to MK for dinner and Fireworks.

Do you have any idea what time you are meeting at Mizner's.

Kennyk:wave:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!:jumping1:

Well, my countdown clock says 9 days, so I was just giving you guys a little bump.

Kenny - I don't think we have set a time for Mizner's but when we do I will let you know. Our dinner reservation is for 6pm and we are hoping to be there early and the limo will pick us back up at 9pm. I need to check fireworks times for Friday and if one is at 9pm we might see if the limo can pick us up at 9:30 so we can stay at the GF and watch Wishes. You are staying at the Hyatt MCO right? If we don't meet up on Friday night, maybe we can meet up Saturday morning before we leave for the cruise. We are meeting the limo at 9:30, so I am sure we will be at breakfast around 8am.

Anyone else staying at the Hyatt? We get into MCO around 1pm and we are going to hang out by the pool for the day and then go to dinner. I will try to have my HD Mickey's on something I have with me all day, so look for those.

Have a good day.

LeiLani

Ken ,

Thanks in advance for sending me your cell number. I will send mine in a reply to your PM. I also need this vacation. Been real hectic at work and this vacation will be something we all could use.

Kelly -

Like the idea of Dinner at Palo's on Sunday so we can watch the sunset at Mallory square!! Great idea!!!

Ken is right though...it seems like all the brunch ressies are taken up by Disers with the REAS packages. Oh well..we will just have to wait and see what is available when we get on the ship.

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumping1: :cool1: :love1:

Dennis

Hello all!
Let me just say that Diana is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She was so great with my two little ones, even though my 4 yr old seemed determined to sit on her. LOL We had a wonderful chat at our little mini Dis meet at the bookstore. I am really excited to meet the rest of you. This trip is going to be awesome and I can't believe its NEXT WEEK!!!!
Kenny,
As LeiLani said, no set time for Mizners. She has 6 pm ressies at V&A, and we have 6:30 at Blue Zoo. I figure it will be 5:30? if that works for her. Please hop a monorail or boat and come say hi, if your schedule allows. I realize we are all full of good intentions now, but we may all be exhausted when we are actually there. In any event, we will all meet up on the ship.
Take care and "sea" you real soon!
Melissa
NeverlandClub:wave2:

Great company, great coffee... my idea of a wonderful start to a day (even if it is a cold and rainy one)!! Melissa and I and 2 of her adorable little girls had a lot of fun this morning. I definitely got my little girl fix, a well-needed one as our house is often referred to as Testosterone Alley!! Melissa and I laughed so much about all kinds of things. She has so much enthusiasm and energy, we should all really look forward to being on the ship with her and her family!

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you in the very near future!!!!!

How many of us are "toughing it out" at the Radisson on Friday evening? We'll be there and are hoping to head over to Grills for dinner.

Diana :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi everyone,

Dennis, I sent you a PM to your BNL email address, I gave you my cell #. Will talk to you soon.

LeiLani & Melissa
Anyway, 5:30 sound ok if my schedule allows, you never know when you are in the parks. Did plan on hopping the Monorail or a boat over so we will see.

As far as breakfast on Sat at the Hyatt, we were planning on doing breakfast. As we have never stayed there before, do they have a restaurant that serves Breakfast or do you have to use the airport facilities. Just wondering.

Our flight gets in at 1:45pm, we plan on checking directly into the hotel and then pick up rental car and off to wdw. Plan on making a stop on the way for some water and wine for the trip.

Then it's Epcot for us to ride Mission Space, Carousel of progress and the Time keeper. Of course the new Stitch attraction isn't open yet.

Then hop the monorail to MK for mickey's Philamagic etc.

Anyway. It's getting real close now. Start your packing.

kennyk

:wave:

Melissa & Kenny - around 5:30 works for us. The limo is picking us up at the Hyatt at 5 and we have to make a quick stop at the Poly to drop off the little one and then we will be at the GF. I will look for you guys but if you should need to leave I will understand. We should not be to hard to miss. I will be in a black dress, DH & FIL in suits(or jackets), MIL in dress, and we will have 2 teenage girls who will be dressed up. So we can shoot for 5:30, but I will understand if you cannot make it.

Melissa, if you have no plans after BlueZoo and want to return to Mizners we should be getting done with dinner around 8 or 8:30 and the limo is coming back to pick us up at 9pm. So, if we get done early we will probably go to Mizners and have a drink while we are waiting.

Kenny - the Hyatt does have a restaurant in the hotel. It is called Hemisphere and it is on the 9th floor.

Diana & Melissa - I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful mini DIS meet. We sure look forward to meeting everyone next Saturday.

LeiLani

SINGLE DIGITS DANCE!!:cool1:

This time next week we will probably be stopping for breakfast in Daytona, preparing to complete our trek to the Grand Floridian.
We can't wait. Bring on the sun! Its too gloomy here today.

NeverlandClub
Our crew-:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess: princess: princess:
Don't forget Grandma, here is how she will look following our road trip=:crazy:

Melissa - you are too funny. This time next week I will be sending the kids off for their 1/2 day at school and then we will head to Dubuque to check out our boat. We will stay there on Thursday, because we fly out at 7am on Friday. I have to get started on the packing today. I did pick up my limegreen Mickeys yesterday and I have all the stuff we need, I just have to start putting it into suitcases.

Every one have a great day.

LeiLani

Are any of you planning to OR have any of you done on previous cruises, the theme nights? You know the 60's, 70's or 80's nights? I saw the pics on Barbs site and it looks like fun. It appears that they begin in the family club and later move to the adult clubs, at least some of them do. I thought it might be fun to do and I am bringing a few outfits that would fit in with the theme. (ok, I admit it. I have completely failed at the packing light thing. :blush: ) Any one else going or have any info on past experiences?

Melissa
NeverlandClub

Melissa,

the 70's is the best, I wouldn't bring any outfitts if I was you, because you will definitely get picked. Do you want to be Gloria Gaynor and dance in front of everyone and make a fool of yourself. I would recommend, "Match your Mate" on Sunday evening. It can be quite funny and some of the anwers get downright personal.

Maybe so, I take it from your posting that you have three little ones, I forgot to look at our list to see their ages.

Poor Grandma, She looks so frazzled. Who's next to you ?

Starting packing yesterday, you know two items in , one out, Haha.

kennyk

DH and I went to college together during the 80's, so we're really looking forward to 80's night! I think the boys would even get a kick out of the 80's family night, they certainly have heard plenty of our music over the years! It should be a lot of fun! We did the 70s night a couple of years ago and it was entertaining!

****I agree with Kenny, there is no way I would want to be picked to do the Gloria Gaynor contest for 70's night! I would die of embarrassment! Choose your outfit very carefully!:teeth:

Now that we are less than 10 days away, here is a link to keep an eye on the weather for our sailing day!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USFL0066?from=search_city

I will choose carefully. I wasn't planning anything over the top (ok, maybe- but not anymore. LOL) I think 80's night will be a blast. That is my era! However, if I do end up making a fool of myself, at least I have the comfort of knowing I will most likely never see those people again. (With of course the exception of Diana, who lives in my little town. )
Kenny, I my little cartoons are my DH, me, my 11yr old son (he is really into Pirates of the Caribbean), and my 9,4, and baby princesses. And trust me, grandma looked that way after our last road trip!:rotfl: :jumping1: But she survived and she is ready to do it again. (and again in June for our WDW trip, but I think she will demand we get a larger car for that one.:teeth: )
Take care.
Melissa
NeverlandClub

HI All
I figure it's about time I should jump in and say HI. I'm KennyK's DW.
Getting really excited now. Have to get a handle on the packing this weekend. Most of it isn't being used now anyway. It's too cold here.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm looking forward to a quiet cruise. A Good Book, My cross stitch, and a seat by the pool.
Oh Yeah and BINGO. (Any other Bingo Players?)Oh yeah the shows, Movies, Shopping, Entertainment. (Didi I say Quiet?)

The 70's and 80's nights are great. My daughter and I had a great time at them. You need to get there a little early if you want a table.

Looking forward to riding Mission Space again. I want to see Ken's reaction. Then we're going to MK to Mickey's Philharmagic and Wishes.

Maybe some of us will get seated together or near each other. We've had really good luck with table mates so far. That makes mealtime very enjoyable. Well back to work ( I work from home in the evenings and have a reg job during the day, thus little time to post.)

Maybe I'll start that packing now.

Hi Mareka! Nice to meet you! We loved Mission Space back in December!

Melissa, don't worry! If you make a fool of yourself, we'll be making fools of ourselves right alongside you!:teeth:

Welcome Mareka-

From a fellow Long Islander. Kenny and I have been posting on this thread for several months now. It is tough to get my DW (Vicki) on this thread as she is preparing tax returns!!

Looking forward to meeting everybody soon!!!!

The theme nights are great. I really enjoyed them last year on the Easter cruise. Music is great and the crew members that get everybody involved do a great job!

Hey...if anybody doesn't know already the DCL website has a Castaway Cay screensaver that you can add to your computer. It is free and will definitely get you in the mood!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Dennis

Well I'm busy with work but I do find (make) time for Disney. As you can see by my number of posts I'm not a complete stranger.
LAst Easter we were in the parks. My son got married in the Botanical Gardens in Orlando adn the Wedding Dinner was in Germany. THank Goodness for DVC points and 2BR Villas.

Then we already have plans for AUG-SEP vacation in WDW and we are talking about Christmas as we have nerver been there for Christmas and it must be beautiful.

DVC is the BEST thing we have ever done.

Looking forward to comparing the Wonder with the Magic.

What will we name the next ships? Wishes? Dreams?

Hi mareka (Mary),

It's to great to have you join us.

One week from today we will be on our plane getting ready to take off for MCO.(Actually, if I include the time change on Sat., we will already be in Chicago changing planes:hyper: )

Melissa - we have done the theme nights in the past(not dressed up though) and really loved them. I also want to do British Pub night in Diviersions this time. I think it is on Friday night and past cruisers say it is so funny.

Kelly - I make my kids listen to the 80's too. I have to laugh when a song comes on like "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and my DD says that's from the movie "Coyote Ugly" and I respond, Nooooo, that was sung by Def Leopard in the 80's.::yes:: :teeth: She hates that.

I think I should start packing today so I can get everything organized. Teenager packs for herself (after I looked over everthing), I wonder what she will try to sneak into her suitcase. But I have to pack myself, younger DD, help DH, and all the other things that they seem to think just magically appear.:teeth:

Everyone have a great Friday.

LeiLani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter