20040410 - Roll Call April 10, 2004 Easter Cruise!!

We will also be on the April 10 04 Easter Cruise! It will be me and my DD who is 11. We can't wait to be on the Magic!:boat: :sunny:
Cheryl
:earsgirl: princess:

Hi pinkdaisy (Cheryl)

Welcome to the Magic Easter Cruise dis board.
I see you are new comer to the Dis boards, If there is any questions we can answer please ask away.

LieLani who started this posting is hosting a Dis meet on Monday. Sea day at 1:00 o'clock, she has been luckly to obtain the "Walt" suite for this cruise Rm 8030. Please join us.

There are two web sites I recommend you visit to obtain a wealth of information on DCL cruises. They are www.castawayclub.com and www.dcltribute.com.
They are hosted but fellow DIS members.

I see you are bringing an 11 yr old. We will be bringing my GS who is 11 also. There are loads of kids in this age group on this cruise as the clubs are full. Many of the other DIs'ers also have children who are in this age group.

Again welcome aboard.

kennyk:wave:

Ken,

Thanks for the invitation. As we get closer we will exchange cell numbers. That is really nice of you. Thanks again!! I will look into the Ron Jon and maybe switch reservations. I will let you know!!

Welcome Cheryl!!! Any questions that you can't find on the websites that KennyK gave you, just ask away to all of us!!

Leilana started this thread before Christmas and it has been going strong ever since.

My DW went clothes shopping today for all of us and she put the final touches on our wardrobe. We are all set now!! Just have to pack!!

Dennis

Dennis,

If you switch I read about a discount code, You will have to search the last few pagers of the cruise line boards for the postings on the Ron Jon resort.

good luck,

kennyk

Good morning, everybody!

Do you realize that we can now officially say we are cruising NEXT WEEK!

Have you all chosen your Palo evening? I am having such a hard time trying to fit it in. We might just pass on it, and only have brunch at Palo.

Have a great week, and get packing!:wave:

Shirley from "The Perfect Gift" included an ad from the Ron Jon Resort that has the CODE: 240.

I sent an email yesterday with this code and waiting for a reply. We still have our ressie at the Radission but figured it wouldn't hurt to check out the competition.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Good afternoon everyone,

Anyway as far as Palo's, we have decided to skip dinner there and do brunch on our first sea day, Monday, will try to schedule it for 11:30 as this will give us enough time before our DIS meet.

Since the menu's have changed in the dining rooms since our last cruise and the theme nights, we felt that we would prefer staying in the dining rooms for our regular rotation.

Good luck on the Ron Jon, as it seems the Radisson is having some internal scheduling issues.

Kennyk:wave:

Well I called Ron Jon and they have nothing available April 9th so it looks like I am staying at the Radisson. I wish I would have looked into this sooner. That place looks beautiful!!!! Looks like you could just spend a week there. Oh welll...Next time.

Almost there....Getting close to single digits!!!!:tongue:

Dennis

Dennis you are so right we are getting so close. Pretty soon it will be single digits and this Saturday we will be able to say one more week and we will be on that ship.:boat: :jumping1:

Hi Kelly - we are going to Palo on Sunday & Tuesday nights, and then for brunch on Thursday. We love Palo.

Everyone have a great day.

LeiLani

Well one thing is for sure. I have plenty of shoes!! Now if I could just scale down the ones I bring and find outfits to match. LOL
I am so ready for this trip!
Can't wait to meet everyone. Is anyone else able to meet up at Mizners on Friday night? The more the merrier! :teeth:
I am just repeating my mantra now: I will pack light. I will pack light. I will find I way to hide the extra suitcases from DH. OOPS! I mean, I will pack light.

Nearly time to go. Yipppeee!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping1:
Melissa
NeverlandClub

Denvick,

I don't know if you are thinking about rebooking onboard.....some schools here have put out next years calendars....long weekend for Easter and full week for passover.....end of April beginning of May......my sister and her husband (Ed Yankee Fan) have booked for that Passover week which is Western cruise....seems to be quite a bit of a difference moneywise than the Easter week....my calendar has not yet come out so all is up in air for us.

Maybe we will catch you at Radisson on our way back in! Otherwise .... I will make sure there's some rum left for you all!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc pirate:

Haven't seem much activity on this thread...I guess everybody is packing....lol

Well I am undecided on when we will dine at Palo's. I ate there last year with another couple we met on the ship and it was great. You can only make one reservation per stateroom but if you dine with other people you can eat there more than once. I haven't done the brunch but would like some feedback. What kind of food do they have and does it compare to the dinner menu? My wife and I are not really breakfast eaters so we thought we would pass on the brunch but everybody seems to be talking about it so I figured it must be great.

Hey.... did anybody get a chance to see the travel channel on friday night? It definitely gets you in the mood for the cruise. They did a wonderful job laying out the ship and what Disney has to offer that other cruise lines don't. Just thought I would ask...

Have a great day everybody!!!......

:wave2: :tongue: :p ::yes:: :hyper:

Dennis

DCbrown,

Thanks for saving some rum for us...lol

We are possibly planning for next year and am also waiting for the school schedule.

This year I booked right after our last cruise and took a chance that the boys would have off from school the week after Easter. Well it turned out they have off the same time as your kids so we decided to pull them out of school for three days. We don't make a habit of it but really wanted to go on the Western intinerary. I know you had no choice being a teacher. We will wait for the school calendar to come out before making any decisions for next year!!

I would love to get a chance to see you at the Radisson!!! I know you mentioned that Jeff will be picking you up at the terminal and bringing you back to the Radisson. Hopefully our paths will cross!!

You are four days away!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Dennis

We are having brunch in Palo's on Sunday, my mom will take kids to the Lumiere's brunch that day and then we will all go into Key West to shop. We have dinner ressies at Palo's on Tuesday, our anniversary. I am taking my Mom to High Tea on Monday and brunch on Thursday.
Don't miss the brunch! It is not breakfast foods only. They have pasta, pizzas and the most delicious pastries and desserts. It is heaven! Either castawayclub or dcltribute have the menus and photos of the brunch. Sooooo worth it!
I am hoping to maybe sneak up to Palos for a drink one night. I read that you can go to the bar even if you don't have ressies. The view is so pretty.
We aren't doing any excursions this time. We did the same itinerary last cruise and decided to go on our own this time. So shopping and trolley in Key West, Marriott Courtyard beach in Grand Cayman, and Paradise Beach in Cozumel. And since I won't be preggers this time, LOTS of spa time for me!!!
Happy packing!
Diana, I will see you tomorrow for our mini Dis meet at Barnes & Nobel!
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:
Melissa
NeverlandClub

Denvick,

Thanks for the Bon Voyage....we leave Friday in the AM....I am actually taking one day I am not supposed too!! Shh....don't tell!!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc pirate: :boat:

Dennis - I have to agree with Melissa, do the brunch it is wonderful. I can't remember the exact food but like Melissa said it is not all breakfast. As a matter of fact, I don't think I even had anything breakfast and the desserts are fantastic.

Melissa - hope you and Diana have a great mini DIS meet and let us know all about it. I know what you mean about the packing. Suitcases are still sitting there with all of our clothes from the spring break trip. I need to get started. I made DD set out what she was going to pack before she put it into the suitcase. Last year for the cruise I didn't check and she took about 18 pairs of shoes, every belt in her closet, 20-30 shirts, and every bottle of body spray she owns; for a 7 day cruise.:earseek: DH told her we would check to see what she packs this time, before we leave the house.

LeiLani

I will wait to see what my Dining rotation is before I make my Palo plans. Thanks everybody. It looks like the brunch is definitely worth it from all the good things you have told me.

Dennis:wave2:

It looks like Tuesday night is the night to be at Palo!! We also have ressies for that evening, 8PM, we chose Monday for our brunch because all that was available on Thurs was 12:30 and we wanted something earlier.

Melissa, I will see you and the girls tomorrow morning! Tonight it's off to Fuddruckers where the kids' school is having a fundraiser!! You know what a circus that will be!! Oh, well at least I don't have to cook ;)

In exactly 7 days from now our plane will have been in the air for 10 minutes!! Let the packing begin!!! Oh and btw, no light packing for me... I like to have choices! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Diana :wave:

OK, a decision has been made!
Dinner at Palo: 9:00 Sunday - this will allow us to see the sunset from Mallory Square, then hustle it back up to the room to get ready for dinner.

Brunch at Palo: 11:30 Thursday

We're not doing High Tea

Melissa,
I think I might be overdoing it on the shoes, too! I know I need to cut that list down! It is really tough trying to pack light!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter