20031213 Saturday 8:00 P.M. Spectromagic Parade at MK DIS Meet--INDEXED

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I see from the park parade hours that for the first two weeks of December 2003, that the Spectromagic Parade will only be held on Mondays and Saturdays. On Saturday, 12/06/03, I'll be at the Epcot Candlelight Processional, and I won't be able to go. And the following Monday, 12/08/03, I have plans to be at MGM for Mousefest meets, including one at Fantasmic Show. I will plan on seeing Spectromagic Parade both times the Saturday after that on 12/13/03.

So does anyone want to watch the Spectromagic parade that night?

Spectromagic Parade DIS Meet

Click here for a link to photos, and information about the parade.
Host : RaySharpton
Date : Saturday, December 13, 2003
Time : 8:00 P.M. (meet at least by 7:00 P.M., and I'll get there earlier to save five seats.)
Place : MK Railroad Station 2nd floor patio.
DISers:

Goofy4tink & DD
Highland Lass & DD & DSis & DM.
joyful1nh & family
RaySharpton

Originally posted by Highland Lass
Hi

Can I meet with you nice people to watch the Spectromagic parade on Dec 13th ????

I am taking my DD9 to see the parade as she has a terror of fireworks so I thought this would make up for her missing Wishes etc.

I don't know the best place to see the parade or what time so I am happy to leave that up to the "experts ".

There may be 4 of us - my mum and sister may join us - I'm not sure yet.

The 13th is the only date we can go . The Saturday before that we will be cruising with Mickey .........

:Pinkbounc

I moved your post to this new thread, Highland Lass and family.

Where would your Dear Daughter like to watch the Parade?

...in front of the castle sitting on the curb...

...on Main Street sitting on the curb...

...at the corner in Liberty Square near the paddle-steam-boat...

It will probably be very busy that night, but I will be very happy to try and save a space for you guys.

Does your mum and sister need to sit on a bench or can they sit on the curb?

Where have you watched the parades before?

Sincerely, Ray:)

Hi Ray

I have seen Spectro once in 1996 when DD Hannah was 3- she slept through it !!

I remember being near the train station and had a great view. The parade seemed to start somewhere else and took a long time to reach us but if it isn't cold / raining then that wouldn't matter.

We can all sit on the curb- we may not get back up again but hey its Disney- theres worse places to get stuck !!

Just tell me where and when and all being well we'll be there.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Did you want to be under cover in case it rains? The railroad station has a covered second floor with chairs.

I was thinking street level so that your daughter could be up close.

How early would you consider arriving before the parade started to save a space?

Just curious.

Unfortunately, I will be back in Michigan on 12/13, Ray, or I would love to join you.

I'm sorry Katholyn. But I'm sure that I will see you at many other events.

Ray

Undercover.........with chairs.............sounds perfect !!

Above street level would be great. Hannah will be 10 by then so she doesn't need to be curbside. We may get a better view from a higher level anyway.

Where would I have to go to get these seats ??

I can be in position about 1 hour early if its just the 2 of us going, earlier if theres others with to me keep Hannah occupied. I can give her something to keep her busy.

What do you think ??

I might try and meet up with you but I had planned on doing Fantasmic that day and doing Spectro on monday hoping to avoid the crowds of saturday.

Hey...DisneyCP2002...which Monday. If it is Monday, December 15th, then I can meet you, too.

I can set up another thread.

If it is Monday, December 8th, then I will be at a Mousefest Meet at Fantasmic.

This sounds like a plan, Highland Lass and family.

We'll meet on the covered section of the second floor balcony of the MK Railroad Station.

They have these cafe type tables and chairs on either side of the balcony that people just sit and relax.

It is a very popular place to watch the parades.

Saturday will be the busiest night, but if you come at least an hour early, you can help me save your four chairs before everyone starts sit in them lol.

If just one of your group could help me save the seats, I could sit on one end and the other person can sit on the other end and it will be easier to discourage anyone from just coming up to sit in one of the chairs.

I'll make sure to get there much earlier. It shouldn't be that crazy an hour before...lol...as I knock on wood for good luck.

Sincerely, Ray:)

Ray

We'll be there , thank you for arranging this. :bounce:

I don't know if any of us will have lime green ribbons on (I'll try to remember) . If not I'll be the lady with short brown hair, glasses and a dd10 asking every male " are you Ray ?" :confused: :D

See you then . Looking forward to it.

I'll be the big guy, at least horizontally, sitting in one chair with my left arm outstreched around two empty chairs on my left, and my right arm outstreched over another two empty chairs on my right...lol.

I'll also have a red lanyard with pins around my neck, and a limegreen DIS pin.

I love Spectromagic.

A lanyard is piece of woven fabric, usually nylon, that hangs around the neck.

You will see a lot of WDW Castmembers wearing them with pins attached.

I will also be wearing a thinner one that is lime-green tat I got from the past DIS Conventions.

It's fun and a great way to way to start a conversation with others.

I have a very nice one, that is thick, and smooth, and wide. I bought it from AZJazzy, but I can't remember his website.

There is an off topic thread on below this thread about pin trading. I think that you and your DD & family would enjoy it.

Ray:)

Can my 10 y/o dd and I join in too?? We were going to do the later Spectro, but we're easy...we'll change to the first one!!!! I'll even get there early and help save seats. Thanksk for putting this together.

Hi Highland Lass!! Very cool!! My dd, Katie , is looking forward to meeting another 'dis kid'!! Can't wait to get there. This trip just keeps getting better and better!!! Thanks Ray! See ya all on the second level of RR station on the 13th. Be there or be square.

Hi Ray!
We're going to try to meet up with you -- I have a PS at O'hana for 6 but am trying to get an earlier one at Chef M's that night. If successful we should be able to meet you shortly after 6 -- there will be four of us this year (no additions to our family, my mother is joining us this year!). Can hardly wait to see you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter