20031201--Monday 6:00 P.M. Spectromagic Parade at MK DIS Meet--INDEXED

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I see from the park parade hours that for the first two weeks of December 2003, that the Spectromagic Parade will only be held on Mondays and Saturdays. On Saturday, 12/06/03, I'll be at the Epcot Candlelight Processional, and I won't be able to go. And the following Monday, 12/08/03, I have plans to be at MGM for Mousefest meets, including one at Fantasmic Show. I will plan on seeing Spectromagic Parade both times the Saturday after that on 12/13/03.

So does anyone want to watch the Spectromagic parade that night?

Spectromagic Parade DIS Meet

Click here for a link to photos, and information about the parade.
Host : RaySharpton
Date : Monday, December 1, 2003
Time : 6:00 P.M. (meet by 5:30 P.M.)
Place : Magic Kingdom Railroad Station second floor patio.

DISers:

Dan Murphy
Helenabear & Dear Father
NancyIL & Dear Friends (maybe)
Princess Michelle
RaySharpton

Oh, I wish Ray, but I will be at home by then... actually out to dinner with friends here in Ohio celebrating Christmas. I hope you enjoy!!!

I don't arrive until Dec 2, so the Dec 1 parade doesn't work for me. I leave Dec 9, so the 13th doesn't work either. I'll just have to see you at the other meets, Ray.

Hi, Ray! I was planning on spending that Monday at the MK with
my 2 traveling companions...so we'll hopefully see you at Spectromagic!

I'm sorry Elaine and Karen. Darn it. :(

That would be great Nancy.

Anybody else?

I think that so far you can on see this parade on Monday and Saturday for the first three weeks in December.

Ray:)

You know somehow I read this wrong and was thinking for the 13th only. I do arrive on the 1st and I plan to stop off at MK first thing with my dad. We had plans to maybe go to Epcot that evening and possibly have dinner at Marrakesh after (anyone would be welcome to that, but I have no definite plans). I think this is my only chance to see Spectro so I'll make tentative plans to join you along with my dad. I am sure he'd love seeing Spectro!!!

I'll join you for this Ray. I love this parade! Since I'll be going home before it shows again this would be my only chance to see it. :) Just let me know where to be. :)

That's great Elaine. I think that I would like to join you. I could park at Epcot and ride the monorail to MK and back to Epcot.

That's great Michelle.

Where would ya'll like to watch the parade. I'm open to suggestions.

Ray:)

That sounds wonderful Ray! I currently have a PS for Marrakesh at 7:30 that night. I'll be at the Swan so I planned on walking "home" after an evening at Epcot :) And of course if anyone else wants to join, just let me know and I'll add to the ressie :)

I'm open for any place for Spectro. The last time I saw it I was at the hub for the 2nd showing and the 1st I was at the wooden stock right inside Liberty Square (near the lauch for the steam boat). Really though, wherever is fine with me and we'll show up. My dad said he is excited to see this and interested to meet you all :)

I was thinking that we should start thinking about where everyone would like to watch the Spectromagic Parade.

There are so many places to watch from.

Elaine, where would your father like to watch the parade to make it magical and special?

I am very happy to watch it anywhere.

If you would like, and until someone comes up with a place to watch it...we could meet at the at the upper covered terrace of the railroad station where there are tables and chairs.

Since there are only five of us, me, Dan, Michelle, Elaine, and her DF; I could safe five chairs with a front row seat. I think that I could sit in the center chair and extend my arms on either side to reserve your chairs...lol. We could sit, people watch, and watch the parade come out of the garage on the left, ride in front of us, around the center circle in front of the Tony's restaurant, then down Mainstreet toward the castle. While we were waiting, we'll have a great view of the huge Christmas tree.

I'll place the chairs to the right of center so that we can see the castle too. The tree is so tall...lol. A great place to take pictures of the parade, too.

Then we will already be at the front of MK for an easy exit to the monorail to Epcot for dinner.

I'll arrive about 2 hours early and save the seats. I'll sit in one seat and put a jacket or something on the other chairs. If there are kids that show up late, I usually let them stand in front of me. These are popular viewing areas...lol.

I don't think that I could do this if there were more than five of us.

Or we could decide to meet at the railroad terrace and go down to Mainstreet, or on the hub near the castle, or in Liberty Square.

Since the parade doesn't start until 6:00 P.M., you don't have to show up until about 5:30 P.M.. I'll save seats for Elaine, DF, Michelle, and Dan.

Since no one else has signed up, I don't feel comfortable saving any more seats. But I can handle five seats.

But if someone signs up after this post, maybe they could volunteer to come early, and save some seats for themselves and I would try to help them.

Of course, this is only a suggestion.

Any other ideas?

I am planning on being over at USF/IoA that day, and possibley joining in for dinner that evening over at Morocco. Depending on when I head back from Universal, I might be able to catch Spectro, but kind of doubt it. Too much rushing, LOL. But, if my day is shorter over there, I may catch you guys.

Ray, the train station would be fine with me, I've never watched it from there but I've always heard what a great view it is. :) I plan to head over to MK as soon as I get settled into my room whatever time that might be. Hopefully before the 4pm check in time...

I'm up for wherever anyone wants to meet. :)

Ray, the train station would work for me as well. I too haven't seen it from up there but I bet it is great!!! I am not sure what time we will be getting to MK, but unless our flight gets messed up, will definitely be up there before 5:30! So sweet of you to save the seats for us like that too!

I am sure this location will be great based on the view up there. My dad has seen MSEP before, but just not Spectro! He is also an easy going kind of guy and more or less trusts that whatever/wherever is suggested is good for him. Sounds like it is going to be a great evening :)

Hi

Can I meet with you nice people to watch the Spectromagic parade on Dec 13th ????

I am taking my DD9 to see the parade as she has a terror of fireworks so I thought this would make up for her missing Wishes etc.

I don't know the best place to see the parade or what time so I am happy to leave that up to the "experts ".

There may be 4 of us - my mum and sister may join us - I'm not sure yet.

The 13th is the only date we can go . The Saturday before that we will be cruising with Mickey .........

:Pinkbounc

I would love to meet you and your Dear Family that Saturday night on 12/13/03.

They will be showing it twice that night.

I'll start another thread for that particular day.

I can post on it until November 30th, when I will be going to WDW.

Maybe we can get more people too.

Where would you like to watch the parade?

I have to go to work in a few.

See you tomorrow.
RaySharpton:)

Thank you so much................cant wait now !!!!!!!!

I also leave for WDW on November 30th. We fly Glasgow - London on the 30th and then London - Orlando on the 1st December- 16th December.

Hannah my dd is really glad to be going to the Spectromagic , she missed it last time ( she was 3 and fell asleep).

I dont mind where we see the parade from----------any good place will suffice.

Well...I just got off work. I need to post a few more times, finish packing, and then off to sleep...then wake up again at 5:00 P.M....work my 12 hours...come home ...shower...and drive straight to WDW. I should make it to WDW by 4:30 P.M. I'll be back on the 19th. I won't have internet access while I'm at WDW. So I won't be able to reply to my threads.

The "magic" is almost here.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ray :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter