• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2003 christmas tree pass on from dvc member to dvc member/ new list for 2004

A little tree for each home resort sounds great! We will be at BWV from the 5th of December to the 12th. Whoever has the tree now is it CarolA? You start passing that one on. I will purchses another tree for BWV homeowners to pass along. We are at Universal first and I will want a tree there so I will get another. Anyone for OWW, VWL,And BCV?:wave2:

Twinsmomplus2 - I have the tree. I would be at OKW if I go at Thanksgiving. I feel bad as it is your tree. Maybe I can get it to you.

So then. I could do the tree for VWL. We leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I could pass it on to whoever writes next, is that the idea?

I will be at the WLV dec. 23-26, then we move to the BVC 26-jan. 2. but you can put me on the list for WLV just for the 23-26, ill pass it on to who ever wants it on dec 26 at the WLV.::yes:: :wave2: :bounce:

Don't be silly!! That is now the OKW tree then.... I went online this am to clearance on trees and purchased a really nice fiber optic one for Boardwalk villas. FOR $5. of course 15 to ship it. But I digress. But from $40 to $ 5 what a deal. I will pass it along at the Boardwalk after I leave.::yes::

Wow, definitely an article for the DVC magazine. How about attaching a ribbon with each families name and hometown written on it (with one of those glitter pens or the like)? They would be less likely to come off and definitely won't get damaged. And, there would be a whole lot more room for ribbons than ornaments.

What a great idea about the ribbons!!:bounce:

I'm really getting excited about this. I pulled out the little tree my mom used to have and found some gold bead garland. I've been thinking about ways to decorate it so that it reflects our "home" at VWL. Maybe those little canoe ornaments? Perhaps some maple leaves for VT or a moose or two?

How would we get this idea into the DVC magazine? That way more people could participate.

wdwstar: now all we need is people between Nov 27 and Dec 23.

What a wonderful tradation you've started. We will be there 12/5 - 12/9 at bwv(maybe wlv) and hope to see the tree shining in someones window(ours if it needs a home).
Thanks again,

I'd love to participate, too. We'll be at VWL from Dec. 5 to 11. And, I love the ribbon idea, too.

Okey Dokey then. I have begun an Official List. Currently, it looks lke this:

11/21-11/27: the Robinsons from VT

12/5-12/9: mitymott if they're at VWL

12/9-12/11: Paula H and family (who may get it on 12/5 if the mitymotts go to bwv)

12/23-12/26: wdwstar's family.

By the way, we have WAY too many icicle lights, so we're throwing in a strand of them to hang on the balcony of the "Tree Room" so that the rest of us can find it. :cool1:

I'd like to help, participate again. I'll begin making our ressie tomorrow. I'm looking for Dec. 19 to the 23rd at BWV!

Bobbi:bounce:

As soon as we find out whether or not our resale gets the green light from DVC, our family hopes to get in on the action too. By the way, with all this great brainstorming and organization skills, why aren't we running the country!!! (HA,HA)

mamarobin24

Wow:sunny: your list is growing , that is great !
im sending you an email or pm:wave2:
as soon as we come out of this deep freeze by the weekend,
our kohls had these really cute bear/pine cone/ woodsy ornaments(maybe i will go tomorrow, it was 80%, they might be 90% off now) im going to buy a few and some green ribbbon/glitter pen and send them to you to start the
the 2005 dis-dvc christmas tree.

we should start a list for the other dvc resorts bwv,bcv,okw

any takers that will be going down around thanksgiving and would like to donate a small tree to pass on and we could always make an arrangement to be ship back to the original owner.

::yes:: :wave2: ::yes:: :sunny:

I will be responsible for the BWV tree. I arrive on the 5th and depart on the 12th. I already have a pm. Of someone who is checking in on the 13th. I will have to reread that and see when they check out. Any takers after then? Let me know and I will put you on the BWV list and put the list with my travel documents.

This is getting to be fun!!

OK, WDW Star, I'll look for the pm/email. I bought some little hiking marshmallow snowmen ornaments - it won't take many more, especially if we put the ribbons with everyone's names and states on it as well.

My understanding is that I am only in charge of the VWL tree; is this correct? I am also keeping the list beside my travel stuff for our next trip.

I guess others who are going to be at VWL in December, should just contact me to be included.

I like this!!:jester:

twinmomplus2

that is great news ! thank you, you are so kind, from the post it looks like bobbiwoz will be at the bwv dec. 19-23, you can add them to your list.

and i will try to keep a list with everyone on it for all the resorts,
but the very kind people that are donating the trees for the resorts can also keep a list for their own resort.

mamarobin24

i hope you didnt mind that i started this post early, but i have always been a planner and now that we are all starting to make our ressies i couldnt help it, was getting excited about the great turn out last christmas that i thought we should try it again.

i got a reel of lime green ribbon, our fannie may candies is closing their stores, been bought out my someone else, how sad no more real pixies, well anyways they had the lime green ribbon $1, i grabbed it and knocked everyone one down that was in front of me and ran to the register screaming i got it i got the lime green ribbom for our dis-dvc christmas tree !!! lol lol, well ok so it didnt happen like that , i grabbed my daughters hand and walked to the register, and whispering i got it i got the lime green ribbon for the dis-dvc christmas tree.

those marshmallow snowmen are so cute i seen them somewhere !

im watching kolhs, the lady said they will be lowering the christmas stuff to 90% off soon, yeah ! them have some cute ornaments and still have alot of christmas stuff and even 2 lighted slim christmas trees left, but i would say they are at least 6 feet tall. but very woodys looking, that might be to big, i dont think alot of people would want to deal with a tall tree even though its slim.

this is really starting to be fun

any takers for donating a christmas tree for the Bcv or Okw

and if your staying at the wlv or bwv post your dates, if available for the dis-dvc christmas tree:sunny:

i think we need a smilily face that has a christmas tree effect

i have one on my smilily face email but i dont think i can add it:sunny: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter