2003 at a moderate or 2004 at a Deluxe

DizzyKitty

Earning My Ears
Just curious. Which would you do?

Go to Disney in 2003 and stay at a moderate resort (considering CSR) for 10 days or go in 2004 (considering Yacht Club for 14 days?)

A bit of info: We will be a party of three. We have been to Disney quite a few times but have not stayed at a Deluxe. We have stayed at CBR, Port Orleans (when it was called that) and All Stars.

K.

Welcome to the DIS! I vote for a moderate in 2003.....wouldn't want to wait for 2004.:)

Rather than 14 days at The Yacht Club I'd go

7 days (2003) at a Moderate
7 days (2004) at a Deluxe

:D

Life is too short to wait until 2004.

I would go for the deluxe in 2003 and stay 7 days. Or go in 2003 and split the time in a moderate 3 days and then the deluxe 4 days. Just go to the moderate first.

But that is just my humble opinion....

Go in 2003 .... I like the suggestion of splitting the stay between a moderate and a deluxe, if you can swing it.

Why not rent points from a DVC member and stay at BWV....1 bdrm would be perfect...and stay at a Deluxe for the price of a moderate.....then you could go in 2003 if you wanted too and stay at a deluxe

I agree with JDY - it's so fun looking forward to two trips over the next two years and there will new rides during your 2004 trip.

Go both years and stay at moderate! Who knows what is going to happen before 2004 gets here. Maybe you'll win the lottery and in 2004 can stay in a presidential suite.

Besides, I don't really think that the increased money for a delux translates into increased enjoyment of your trip. It's just a different experience.

Personally I'd vote for the Deluxe, but I wouldn't want to wait until 2004 to do it. The YC is a great resort. Loved my stay there on my honeymoon back in 98.

The idea of splitting your vacation into two separate is a good idea, but the idea of renting points from a DVC member is intriguing as well. This would allow you to get a 1 br with a full kitchen for about what you would pay for a moderate. You can then save a ton of money on food by doing breakfast, lunch, and some dinner right in your villa. It might be worth checking out.

There are some nice discounts for the Swan and Dolphin hotels if you are a teacher, nurse or goverment worker. We have been at the Swan twice for the teacher rate of $129 and it was wonderful both times. Very deluxe at more of a mod price. Also check Mousesavers for other discounts and money saving ideas. 2004 seems like such a long wait, but it will give you more time to plan.:)

I would go in 2003 and 2004 as well. But....
I would buy an annual pass and plan the trips within 12 months of each other and take advantage of the AP discounts for the resorts.

Susan

I'd go in early 2003, stay in a moderate, and not come back till mid 2004 :p

I can dream, can't I??

I think the moderates are wonderful resorts and you'll have a great trip.

That said...consider renting DVC points. All of a sudden, you'll be staying in a luxury apartment on Disney property for comparatively little money.

I'm sure it will be magical, whatever you decide.

Still have not decided on 2003 or 2004 just yet but I do plan to look into splitting our stays. Perhaps consider renting some DVC points (don't know too much about it though). Guess I need to check the DVC board.

We do plan on getting AP's this time around. We always got the Length of stay/Unlimited Magic Pass before.

I know hubby wants to stay at the Yacht Club since we spent most of our time on the Boardwalk on our last trip.

Again, thank you for everyone's responses. I will post an update when we're sure. Well, when we are almost sure:)

K.

My first impulse was to say 14 days at the YC. But I also liked the suggestions of perhaps splitting the stay(s) ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter