$200 to spend on board! wwyd?

iamadisneynut

Mouseketeer
My mil gave us $200 to spend on board for our upcoming cruise on the wonder! We already have our shore excursions booked so what else would you do with it?!

My mil gave us $200 to spend on board for our upcoming cruise on the wonder! We already have our shore excursions booked so what else would you do with it?!

Palo? Tastings? Photos?

Your shore excursions are paid for yet. Putting that $200 in your onboard account will cover some of those.

You have your excursions booked, but you don't have them paid for--you don't pay for them till after boarding when they are charged to your account.

$200 will go quickly. Shopping, photos, adult dining, spa, etc.

My first thought was tips, and we always buy a t-shirt and/or other souvenirs. It all adds up quickly!

I know our excursions aren't paid for but they are budgeted for as are the gratuities, just looking for some indulgences!!

Spa, photo CD, souvenirs... are your excursions not DCL? If they are booked through the ship the $200 would go towards that, too.

I wouldn't use it for excursions or gratuities because as you said that's already calculated into your cruise spending.

It's a gift and i would use it for something special, something that you normally wouldn't do (that easy).
Like: Spa or a nice piece of art from the art shop, a special excursion that you wanted to do but didn't do it because it was to expensive.
Photo's are good to, it's a captured memory plus you could get one photo plus photoframe to give to your MIL as a thank you....

What about an onboard deposit toward your next DCL cruise? (The $$$ can't come from your onboard account but you could use some of your budgeted money instead.)

How about a private massage in a cabana on Castaway Cay!?

:hourglass Counting down the days til we're on the Fantasy!!

It is very easy to run up a 'tap' on board. Palo, nursery (if you have someone under three), beer mugs and refills, photos, souvenirs from the shops, any wine or drinks, tastings, spa, corkage fees, etc.....

Also, you have your shore excursions booked but the cost of those excursions will be on your itemized bill at the end of the trip.

We easily spent $2000 dollars while on the Wonder in 7 days. One day we did not have a planned excursion, the other day only my husband and I went on the excursion so only one day did we pay for the whole family to have a port excursion. Most of the money we spent was on board.

I would chose Palo and photos. Even if you don't already have a Palo reservation you can try to make one as soon as you board. Enjoy your cruise!

I would spend $150 on the photo book. It is a lovely book. (Only worth the cost of you get lots of photos taken, I think it holds 32) Then I would get the Disney Cruise Tervis tumbler!! We were just on the Fantasy and we got all 3!! The cruise line one, the aqua duck one, which you probably won't be able to get on the wonder, and the Castaway Cay one. They are excellent travel cups for hot or cold. I made a tea in mine the other day and didn't get to it for almost 2 hours and it was still hot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter