200 loop closed

tderonne

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched and didn't see anything....

I'm told the 200 loop is closed right now? I thought they weren't touching the 100/200/300 loops? I assume it'll open up for the Christmas rush?

Oh Cheryl where are you? My sister 4mickey2 is there right now. Check it out and see what is going on will you?

I was at the Fort just two days ago, on Saturday the 11th, and the 200 loop was open and full of campers. The Fort was about full to capacity. The Christmas rush is upon us. I would be surprised if the 200 loop was closed this time of year.

TCD

I was at the Fort last weekend and the 200 loop is alive and well. It wasn't full, but close. The two loops that were scantily occupied were 1800 & 1900. I found that rather peculiar because I was continuously told that there was no availability in the full hook-up loops right up to 12/9 when I checked in. Bunch of liars...that's what they are! Harumph!

I was at the Fort just two days ago, on Saturday the 11th, and the 200 loop was open and full of campers. The Fort was about full to capacity. The Christmas rush is upon us. I would be surprised if the 200 loop was closed this time of year.

TCD

Yep, the weekend had FW full but it was a mass exodus on Sunday. Lots of empty sites now.

I was at the Fort last weekend and the 200 loop is alive and well. It wasn't full, but close. The two loops that were scantily occupied were 1800 & 1900. I found that rather peculiar because I was continuously told that there was no availability in the full hook-up loops right up to 12/9 when I checked in. Bunch of liars...that's what they are! Harumph!

That's when we checked out.

My sister just checked in Sunday. She had a preferred reservation, but was moved to the 1400 loop with the explanation that the 200 loop was closed.

I was thinking someone here may know more. Knowing it was very recently open makes me think it wasn't planned.

I also noticed that a few days ago you could reserve any site type for the rest of December. Cancellations must have been coming in.

I'm betting the Roto Rooter and water jet trucks are a clue...

ShantaClausSm.png

My sister just checked in Sunday. She had a preferred reservation, but was moved to the 1400 loop with the explanation that the 200 loop was closed.

I was thinking someone here may know more. Knowing it was very recently open makes me think it wasn't planned.

I also noticed that a few days ago you could reserve any site type for the rest of December. Cancellations must have been coming in.

Has your sister confirmed whether or not the 200 loop is really closed?

If it is, I wouldn't think that it was a planned closure. Not at this time of year.

I'm betting the Roto Rooter and water jet trucks are a clue...

ShantaClausSm.png

Yes, it could be something like that.

But, if so, the loop wouldn't be closed for long.

TCD

Just Talk to a Fort CM friend of mine they said the 200 loop is closed as of yesterday for a week to repair Water and Sewer problems. But My be closed until after New Years

Also letters went out early today that the 100 and 200 loop CS will be closed as of midnight until Friday

Wow, I wonder how this will affect reservations for the next few weeks. I would think some would have to be bumped.

Also letters went out early today that the 100 and 200 loop CS will be closed as of midnight until Friday

We left yesterday. Curious because all the sites that are FULLY decorated in 100, especially, are still decoreated. They are there long term. What happens there?

We left yesterday. Curious because all the sites that are FULLY decorated in 100, especially, are still decoreated. They are there long term. What happens there?

It's just the CS for 100 that will be closed - doesn't sound like that loop is being cleared.

Yeesh - talk about lousy timing!!

I would think this will definitely throw a major kink into holiday reservations, especially given that there are only 3 preferred loops total, with 200 being one. I suppose one option is moving people to full hookups. :confused3

If anyone does end up being moved to Full and you reserved Preferred, just be sure you are only charged for Full as there is a $5 difference per night between the two.

Given most people reserve Preferred for the location, the Fort is likely to have a bunch of unhappy campers on their hands at checkin. I predict a lot of "complimentary" upgrades to Premium sites.

I'll be curious to hear how things shake out.

Just Talk to a Fort CM friend of mine they said the 200 loop is closed as of yesterday for a week to repair Water and Sewer problems. But My be closed until after New Years

I can't believe that would shut it down for that long at this time of year. They should be able to make some type of temporary repair, then complete the work after the end of the year.

Of course, I'm just being logical. :confused3

It is probably Pooh's fault. :rolleyes1

I was also told the 200 loop has to be ready by Jan 2 because a very very large group will start coming in on Jan 3 and will take up all of the 200 loop for 2 weeks

We just rode our bikes thru the 200 loop and it is empty. Also, the 300 spaces which back up to the 200 loop are mostly empty too. Looks like some maintenance work to me.

We are arriving on Friday for a full-hookup. Do I need to be worried about this affecting us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter