$200 gift card

That is probably a decline. Sorry.
Thought so. I already have one (but did not get the rewards, and was told I could get another one even if I had one when I called them). I have near perfect credit so I know it's not that, but it is weird!

I got this promotion too. Went online today, filled out the form. We leave in 8 weeks, so I am just hoping the card comes quickly!:thumbsup2
AS SOON as you get the card make a purchase on it.. ALSO when you call to activate the card Pick the EARLIEST close date... once you get to disney go to get services and get your rewards card there... Don't chance it coming in time in the mail!

I got another offer in the mail the day after I posted that I didn't have one! So... I applied. They said they would get back to me in 10 days, is that bad?

When I applied for my card in October, they told me they would get back to me within 10 days and I have excellant credit! However, when DH applied for his on Saturday he was approved right away.
Good luck!

When I applied for my card in October, they told me they would get back to me within 10 days and I have excellant credit! However, when DH applied for his on Saturday he was approved right away.
Good luck!

Did you end up getting the card?

The rules are (or were) you can have up to 3 accounts in your name and 3 in your husbands 3 in your childs etc.....
I have 2 no problems...

I get 1 or 2 of these a month and I have one in front of me now. It says:

This offer is limited to a one-time award for new members of a $200 Disney gift Card. and First Time cardmembers only. Some people have applied multiple times and claim that Chase/Disney doesn't care. The only problem with that is that they can't provide a screenshot or a link to any Chase or Disney policy that says you can apply as many times as you like whereas the policy I just quoted is spelled out right on the application.

So unless someone can point me to something official that says otherwise I interpret that to one application for each family member you can manage to get approved: yourself, your spouse, children over 18, etc. A joint membership wouldn't qualify because one or both of the joint qualifiers would have already received a gift card as a single applicant.
It also seems that you can only apply for 1 chase card with a bonus every six months otheriwse you will be turned down

I suppose that if you needed $200 that badly you could apply, get a gift card, cancel the card after a while and reapply later. How this would affect your credit rating is anybody's guess.
Is this an offer with a pin or code if it is just a special web adress as some other ones I am sure a lot of people would be grateful for the information :lmao:

You have to get a letter with a code.

I get 1 or 2 of these a month and I have one in front of me now. It says:

This offer is limited to a one-time award for new members of a $200 Disney gift Card. and First Time cardmembers only. Some people have applied multiple times and claim that Chase/Disney doesn't care. The only problem with that is that they can't provide a screenshot or a link to any Chase or Disney policy that says you can apply as many times as you like whereas the policy I just quoted is spelled out right on the application.

So unless someone can point me to something official that says otherwise I interpret that to one application for each family member you can manage to get approved: yourself, your spouse, children over 18, etc. A joint membership wouldn't qualify because one or both of the joint qualifiers would have already received a gift card as a single applicant.

I suppose that if you needed $200 that badly you could apply, get a gift card, cancel the card after a while and reapply later. How this would affect your credit rating is anybody's guess.

You have to get a letter with a code.

I called and asked them point blank and they said I could even though I had a card. They looked up my account and everything.

Weird scenario...question. I signed up for this card & now have the $200 gift card. My husband then got the same offer, so we sent his in & are waiting for his card. We want to take our trip this Fall. Got a chase rewards email for free dining if we put our trip on their chase card. Does this mean we would have to put the entire cost on the card or could we use our $400 rewards & then put the balance on the chase card & still get the free dining deal? Do any of you know? Or could we use the $400 gift cards to pay down the balance once the trip has charged to our chase card?

Weird scenario...question. I signed up for this card & now have the $200 gift card. My husband then got the same offer, so we sent his in & are waiting for his card. We want to take our trip this Fall. Got a chase rewards email for free dining if we put our trip on their chase card. Does this mean we would have to put the entire cost on the card or could we use our $400 rewards & then put the balance on the chase card & still get the free dining deal? Do any of you know? Or could we use the $400 gift cards to pay down the balance once the trip has charged to our chase card?

you just need to put the 200 dollar reservation fee on the card to qualify for the visa dining deal. You can pay the balance in disney with your rewards card.... if it is a disney rewards card you can not pay chase directly with it. you can charge stuff to your room, or whatever credit card you have on file at the resort, you can pay off at the end of your stay with the gift card aswell... they do offer 6 months free financing if you put the trip on your card.

I called and asked them point blank and they said I could even though I had a card. They looked up my account and everything.
Then by all means go for it. Just make sure you get the names of the people who said it was OK.

Here's your basic problem: it's written down plain as day that the offer is a one-time deal for first time cardmembers only. When you apply, either by mail or online, you sign something saying that you agree to the terms of service. Multiple cards is a clear violation of the TOS. If they decide later on to come after you you have no defense. So it's a team of lawyers whose only job is to write legalese that would make every possible scenario your fault vs your minimum wage CS agent and yourself. Good luck with that :laughing:

I got the same offer in the mail, with the $200 gift card. I filled out the application online, and have heard nothing at all. It's been maybe a week and a half. When you apply online, do they normally send you an email back, or do they just send you the card if you're approved?

My mom signed up for the Chase card with the 100 dollar offer. I emailed chase for her asking if they would match the 200 dollar offer. They replied that another 100 dollar gift card was in the mail!!! :)

I currently have 2 Disney VISAs both with a $0 balance :) I rec'd my 1st one a few years ago with a $100 promotion. I rec'd my 2nd one a few months ago for a $200 GC :)

AND today I rec'd another $200 offer.............. What to do ?????

Bummer--I tried & was turned down since I already rec'd the offer a few months ago ........

Those of you who have gotten your $200 card recently, how long did it take for you to receive it after making your first purchase?

Also, I read something about picking up your $200 card at Disney World. Is that possible and if so how?

I'll be making my first purchase this week and I thought about trying to use the gift card to take a surprise weekend trip this month.

My mom signed up for the Chase card with the 100 dollar offer. I emailed chase for her asking if they would match the 200 dollar offer. They replied that another 100 dollar gift card was in the mail!!! :)

Your Mom is very lucky. The same thing happened to me and I fought and fought with them and they would only give me $20. I even closed my 2 other accounts with Chase over this.
Enjoy :)

Those of you who have gotten your $200 card recently, how long did it take for you to receive it after making your first purchase?

Also, I read something about picking up your $200 card at Disney World. Is that possible and if so how?

I'll be making my first purchase this week and I thought about trying to use the gift card to take a surprise weekend trip this month.

I am also wondering how long the rewards card took to be activated after your first purchase. I would love to able to pick up the card at downtown Disney.

I didn't realize the Disney Visa hotline was open 24 hours, so I called them after I posted last night.

The man on the phone explained to me that it is the redemption cards (from building up your reward points) that you are able to pick up at Disney, not the $200 gift card offer. So, I asked him if the card really takes 6-8 weeks to arrive or if that was just to be safe like other things will tell you. He said it will "guaranteed take 6 to 8 weeks." "So, I won't get the card early?" "No, it will be 2 months from the close of your first statement before you can use your $200 card."

So what plastic did everyone get? There are so many fun designs.:goodvibes

For what it's worth, here is my experience:

I got the offer in the mail (I don't currently have a Disney Visa) around 4/20 and applied online right away. I got my card in the mail on 4/28, so about a week later. My DH used it that night. I received my $200 gift card in the mail today, 5/9 (or maybe on Saturday, 5/7 . . . we forgot to get the mail that day), either way it was took about 10 days to get the gift card. We have not yet received our first bill, so we did get the card before we got the bill. It's just a regular Disney gift card - looks just like the ones the Easter Bunny brought!

So my card definitely didn't take 6-8 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter