$200 Budgeted for Table Service Meals...Help us Spend it Wisely

jasmine91

Mouseketeer
On our seven day trip we have budgeted $200 dollars for dinner TS meals. We are two adults (and a 1 yr old who won't order off menu) and usually don't order alcohol with our meals. How and where would you allocate that $200 over the course of 7 nights (2 meals, 3 meals, 4 meals?!?!)? (Appetizers and desserts aren't a must and we usually tip 20%.)

We do drink alcohol, but we averaged about $200 for every table service meal this past week, for just the two of us. We did mostly eat at Signature restaurants. If you stay away from those, you could probably do 2-3 meals for that amount.

Having no idea what you like to order (steak, chicken,fish) it is very difficult to say. Why don't you click on the dining tab at the top of the page and it will take you to all of the restaurants and their menus. That may give you a better idea of how to spend your budget. I would say at max though 3 meals.

Without alcohol and planning to leave a decent gratuity, I could see the two of us spending that over two meals at non-signature restaurants. Like PP said, check out the menus and see what appeals to you. I probably wouldn't try to stretch $200 farther than two, maybe three dinners.

$200 would cover us for about 5 meals, but we are meal splitters. We will usually order 1 entree, 1 appetizer, and he refuses to drink anything but water, so one soda for me.

Admittedly, because of this, we don't do a lot of table service. I think the only one we are planning on for our upcoming trip is Via Napoli (where we split a pizza anyway) and Il Mulino (can you tell we like italian food?)

If you really want to do a lot of TS, and you're a couple, I'd consider seeing if there are entrees you could split or combine with an app. It makes eating out MUCH cheaper.

If you want to experience the ambiance instead of eating a big meal, you could probably stretch it to 3, maaaaaaybe even four meals... if you got apps instead of main courses, for example? I'm not sure you'd want to do that many TS restaurants with a 1 year old, but if there are more than 2 restaurants you wanted to experience, that's something you could try. Otherwise I agree with the other posters - it sounds like about 2 full meals' worth.

(Hint - drink water.)

I would say 2 meals on the high end, like steak and buffets but possibly 4 meals if you do TS lunch or hamburger / sandwiches for dinner. Here is a website with all the prices. It should help you get an idea of what you can eat for how much. http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
Hope this help, :)

We do drink alcohol, but we averaged about $200 for every table service meal this past week, for just the two of us. We did mostly eat at Signature restaurants. If you stay away from those, you could probably do 2-3 meals for that amount.

This is us we are so bad at saving money on eating out.. and oh forget it on vacations.

Just look at menus of place you want to eat and then pick 2. no booze, no desserts and drink water and you might be able to do 3.

Get two apps/soups/salads at about $7-10 each (OR one app and 1 dessert), and then share an entrée of $15 -23. If no apps or desserts look good to you then just order 2 entrees and that's it (you get the idea). Bring food for the baby and drink water with lemon (healthier anyhow!! sometimes I add splenda to make it a lemonade!! lol) This will be a lot of food and its nice not to have to walk around stuffed to the gills but instead comfortable and happy with the experience you just had.

BTW, the first time we decided to start sharing things at sit down meals I was worried that we would annoy our servers. I am happy to tell you that I have never felt like it was an issue in the least, I think they are very used to this.

Here are a few places where I think you could EASILY stick to the budget and get about 4 sit down meals if you choose wisely.

AK - Yak & Yeti (Lunch or an early dinner, last resi is usually before 5pm)

DHS - Sci -Fi or Prime Time (same menus for lunch and dinner)
If you try Sci Fi, ask for a table instead of a car, the car might be tough with the baby.
IF you like a Cobb salad do try the Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch. 2 entrée sized Cobbs and a dessert come in at just about $50 with tax and tip. They come with YUMMY warm & crusty rolls & butter.. A very nice experience without breaking the bank!

MK - The Plaza (you could splurge a little here, prices aren't much higher than counter service and the food is simple but GOOD!)
or Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch only)

Epcot - Rose & Crown (lunch or dinner) or Les Chefs de France (Lunch)

I agree with the previous poster. Try the Plaza, 50's Prime Time and maybe Trail's End if you want to try a buffet. Order soda, not alcohol. You will have a nice meal at all of these places without breaking the bank.

Oh wow honestly I dont see that lasting 7 days not even for QS meals.. I think maybe $300 for a week of CS meals if you choose wisely.. Disney is very expensive.. I remember in 2005 before we got DDP I paid $500 for a week of QS meals and 3 TS meals.. That was 8 years ago and we didnt get alcohol..Or steak or anything fancy. TS restaurants we ate at were Sci Fi, San Angel, and RFC at DTD we even got sandwiches there.. Have you considered the DDP it really does save you money.. Im serious..

Oh wow honestly I dont see that lasting 7 days not even for QS meals.. I think maybe $300 for a week of CS meals if you choose wisely.. Disney is very expensive.. I remember in 2005 before we got DDP I paid $500 for a week of QS meals and 3 TS meals.. That was 8 years ago and we didnt get alcohol..Or steak or anything fancy. TS restaurants we ate at were Sci Fi, San Angel, and RFC at DTD we even got sandwiches there.. Have you considered the DDP it really does save you money.. Im serious..

I agree. I dont see how you can do it for $200 x 7 days. Maybe if you both share an entree and drink water at every meal?
:teacher: $200 divided by 7 = $28.57. So for each restaurant, your bill, including tip, cannot go over $28.57. Again, its doable if you order 2 appetizers, OR split an entree. If you want to stick to your $200, i'd go with QS instead.

Blue & Goofy - OP isn't trying to eat for 7 days on $200! The $200 is just what OP has budgeted for TABLE SERVICE meals and is looking for ideas on how to use it wisely and how far we think it might stretch. If you READ the original post they ask "2 meals, 3 meals, 4 meals???"

$200 might get you 2 to 3 TS meals at most if you order very wisely, including what you state you tip. I would suggest looking at TS lunches maybe instead and doing QS for dinner to save $$$.

If you really wanted to push for three
I would say...
Plaza 2 sandwiches should be under $30

Split a pizza at Via Napoli, they are between $17-19

Kona is one where I could see my husband and I split the sticky wings and the potstickers...order water and you are just under $20 before tip...

Raglan Road is another restaurant where the apps get rave reviews...

If you want the feel of a table service but at CS level, you could do BOG or Wolfgang Express in DTD...

I know you mentioned table service for dinner, but I would suggest maybe doing a TS breakfast. It's usually cheaper than dinner and we've been quite happy with almost all the breakfast TS we've eaten at...my kids favorite being Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter