20 years later i'm going back to Disneyland!!!

So here i am again... my last post was a lot longer that what i intended, so i'll keep further ones a little shorter. :)

We hopped over to DCA, this was a new experience for both of us, but i had a plan, my wife loves the cars movie, it's probably her favorite disney movie, i have read online that for the maximum wow factor is best to experience cars land for the first time at night and entering from Pacific Wharf walking beneath the rock arch, so we spent 4 hrs at the park dodging cars land, we first walked thorugh Hollywood Land, got into monster inc ride, thought it was really nice done, we saw Tower of Terror, but fast passes were sold out and the line was too long, then headed to bug´s land my wife loved it, she also likes Bugs, so we were just walking around taking pictures, at one moment i had to turn around when we almost went through the corridor that connects bugs land and cars land, then we backtracked to buena vista street, watching the performances and using our photopass+ every time we saw a photographer, we walked through grizzly peak did a 35min line for Soarin' just amazing! we both loved it, then we headed to paradise pier, did Goofy's sky school, ate a churro, had some ice cream, tried some of the games at paradise pier, bught some souvenirs from the shops, i was just trying to burn some time to let the sun go down...

And boy was it worth it! as soon as i saw most of the park lights turned on, I started walking to pacific wharf very casual, eating ice cream, just talking of what we thought of the parks so far, so when we got in front of the rock bridge with all the rock walls beautifuly iluminated, i just stopped and said nothing, it was just gorgeous, i was impressed, but i had seen many pictures and videos before our trip so i knew what to expect, my wife on the other hand knew nothing about it, just knew there was a place themed after the cars movie, but thats it. When we did that turn and got that amazing view she had the biggest smile on her face! took many pictures, and was just amazed about everything, we kept walking and got to radiator springs, she was like a 7 yr old, just jumping around, taking pictures, every time we saw something new she just ran over there! "mira! el cono comodín!!" (look the cozy cone hotel!), "ohhh!! el café de flo!!" (Flo's V8 café") it was soo worth it to wait till night time to see cars land!!! we went in line to had pictures taken with mater and lightning mcQuin. took many photos and videos It was just amazing, i really recommend anyone, if you have the oportunity to decide when a 1st time visitor sees cars land for the very first time, wait till night time, it will be much more magical.

After that we heade back to out Hotel Room to rest, Early Magic Hour was due the next day, so we wanted to rest for the early morning the next day....

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures! i will continue tomorrow! :D

Attachments

• dca5.jpg
    dca5.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DCA1.jpg
    DCA1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DCA2.jpg
    DCA2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 13
  • dca3.jpg
    dca3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DCA4.jpg
    DCA4.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 12

Thanks for the positive replys! i've been enjoying doing this trip report, as they say here in mexico "Recalling it is living it again".

So let's continue with a Day One recap:

Me: Amazing day! felt right at home! I almost didn't even need a map, i used just to find restrooms and minor things. Tried my first ever Little red wagon corn dog, we both loved it, it became our go to between meals snack. Tried earl of sandwich for lunch, also a big hit, we had this for lunch twice on this visit.

Felt tired, but we prepared for this, both dear wife and I started jogging two months in advance to this trip, also i started going to the local park for pick up basketball twice a week. I had a phone app measuring how much we walked on day one, my battery died out at 18 kms at 8pm so i'm guessing we fisnished the day at around 24 - 25 km (that's about 15 miles). We did cover a lot ground, it's really easy for two grown ups to move through the crowds. It pays off when you see the amount of rides you can do in a single day, but it's not easy on the legs.

California Adventure it's amazing! a great park at it's own merits, loved the big wide corridors, the views, on day one we saw California Screamin' and said to my wife "we are doing that tomorrow!". She was kinda nervous but said yes!

Dear Wife: Later told me she was a little worried at first becouse she didn't want to be a bad disneyland companion by saying no to the rides i wanted to do... but all that went away with splash mountain. On day one DW loved Splash, BTMRR, MatterHorn, loved Pirates, didn't think much about Haunted Mansion, but she was too concerned about being scared that didn't enjoyed it, (we did HM on day 3 and she totally loved it). We didn't think BuzzLightYear was really that much fun. She got a little sick at Star Tours so she just closed her eyes most of the ride. She loved Mickey and the magical Map, loved toontown, we took a bunch of pictures there... we rode the monorail for lunch at DTD earl of sandwich, got a little disapointed it didn't had A/C but once it starts moving wind comes from the windows so it's ok. She LOVED cars land. All and all, i think she got a pretty magical first visit experience.

I'll try to do Day 2 report tomorrow! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter