20% off Galveston Spring 2013

cruisecrasher

Adventurer Mom
Just off the Magic yesterday and they were offering 20% off OBB of the Magic's spring sailings from the port of Galveston, in addition to the standard $100 and $200 OBC.
This is listed as new bookings only, but Damian at the desk said he'd see what he could do and reshopped our spring cruise at an $800 savings plus OBC and also got our payments wed already made. applied over. Can't hurt to ask, right?
Oh, and this was listed as non concierge only and seemed to have most sail dates for the spring.

533B961B-00DB-4F65-80B6-B286E1AA8168-195-000000C4F7123E99.jpg

That's a great deal!

Looks like they are having a very hard time selling those Galveston sailings. The number of discounts offered on them and the itinerary changes is crazy! ;)

Thats a good deal, I wish we were cruising earlier. We are going on the March 1 sailing and I dont think there are too many left after that sailing.

Did you have a fun time? We are very excited to be going on the Magic again :) Maybe they'll have a 20% off for a fall cruise... one can hope! ;)

How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB :)

It was very nice of Damien to make the system work for you by applying all your payments. Since I doubt that you were at your penalty date, this was the right thing to do--it IS a new booking, even if he had to cancel the old one to make it so. He did it in the way that made the "paperwork"easy for you, which was great! But worst case, he could have had to do a new booking/new deposit and had you reconcile the reservations once you were home.

Funny--they can't seem to book spring Galveston, but our spring Fantasy has doubled in price since we booked it. I was checking last night about adding a person; they are working on getting pricing for me.

disneyxperts said:
How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB :)

I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.

I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.

The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk. :thumbsup2

MandyGirl said:
The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk. :thumbsup2

I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).

I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).

Yep - just answering your above post about not knowing if TA was included or not :) I knew that one and wanted to help clarify for other readers.

KMG1969 said:
Does anyone know if the April 26 cruise is included? I am planning on booking but my travel agent did not know of a discount. Thanks.

Yes. I'm the OP and that's the cruise we rebooked.

However, you must book onboard.

I wish they'd have been offering it when we were on the 10/13 sailing and I've have rebooked too...oh well...I may have to see if it's still being offered when we go in February, although by then the discount may not be worth it, but I'll keep an eye on it. ;)

ukintheus said:
I wish they'd have been offering it when we were on the 10/13 sailing and I've have rebooked too...oh well...I may have to see if it's still being offered when we go in February, although by then the discount may not be worth it, but I'll keep an eye on it. ;)

We didn't find out until after we asked him to reshop our cruise. There was a note on his desk, but I wouldn't have read it unless I was already sitting there. It wasn't listed in the OBB flier/booklet they left in our room. I only really thought about it after he said over $800 saved by rebooking (which was far more than 10%). Aside from the OBC.

We didn't find out until after we asked him to reshop our cruise. There was a note on his desk, but I wouldn't have read it unless I was already sitting there. It wasn't listed in the OBB flier/booklet they left in our room. I only really thought about it after he said over $800 saved by rebooking (which was far more than 10%). Aside from the OBC.

Oooooohhh....tricky little things!!!! :rolleyes1 I guess it could have been available when we were onboard...darn!! :scratchin

Great offer but I'm not too impressed with the locations of most of those Spring cruises. I may have to give this more thought.

ludari said:
Great offer but I'm not too impressed with the locations of most of those Spring cruises. I may have to give this more thought.

We viewed it as a nice chance to take the kids to se castaway cay and the new fantasyland without messing around w. airfare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter