$20 off $20 at Sam'sClub.com Amex Offer

havaneselover

Dreaming about a Disney cruise
I had this on one of my Amexes this morning. I'm not a member, but it may be worth paying the 10% surcharge to get a $50 diseny gift card.

Last edited:
It's a great offer but give it a few days to work the kinks out. I used the offer for a gift card and it was coded as "photo", which is excluded. I was reading that this was happening to everyone, even if they bought coffee, diapers, etc. Neither Sam's or Amex was helpful for me but other people have been complaining and I hope it will be rectified soon.

It's a great offer but give it a few days to work the kinks out. I used the offer for a gift card and it was coded as "photo", which is excluded. I was reading that this was happening to everyone, even if they bought coffee, diapers, etc. Neither Sam's or Amex was helpful for me but other people have been complaining and I hope it will be rectified soon.

Thanks for the heads up on the "issues". I also had this offer and was coming to check to see if it had been posted and while I'm not a member either, I might suck up the surcharge if I can use for an order of Disney gift cards. :thumbsup2

Heather

Thanks for the heads up. I will wait because without the offer it's not a good deal for me.

Oh darn, I did it this morning already. I hope that it does go through as the offer - but even so, I will still use the gift cards, so it's not a total waste.

I ordered this about an hour ago and I wish I'd waited. Usually I get an immediate notification that I used an offer even though the actual credit doesn't show up for a day or two. This time I got nothing which worried me even before I thought to check the DIS. I'm not a Sam's Club member but figured the $20 would more than offset the extra 10% I was charged. Turns out this is one expensive gift card.

Thanks for the info, just one question. Where was it "coded" photo? I already ordered one from Samsclub & have 3 more cards with the offer. Thanks!

The other website I visit says the orders are no longer going through as photo and the pending transactions did go through as regular Sam's Club. It does seem no one is getting the "thanks for using your synced card" emails. But we've not gotten those in the past and still received the credit. I think the kinks are worked out now :)

The other website I visit says the orders are no longer going through as photo and the pending transactions did go through as regular Sam's Club. It does seem no one is getting the "thanks for using your synced card" emails. But we've not gotten those in the past and still received the credit. I think the kinks are worked out now :)

Great news!

Still a bit confused about where/when the transaction is "tagged" photo.

Is this what you mean? When I look at the Amex site I see this:

May2
SAMSCLUB.COM
$48.88
Doing business as:
SAMSCLUB.COM
4000 HWY 6
SPANISH FORKS
UT
UNITED STATES
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

Is this what you mean? When I look at the Amex site I see this:

May2
SAMSCLUB.COM
$48.88
Doing business as:
SAMSCLUB.COM
4000 HWY 6
SPANISH FORKS
UT
UNITED STATES
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

That's what I see too when I look at my transaction. Hopefully that means everything is coded correctly.

Great news!

Still a bit confused about where/when the transaction is "tagged" photo.

People were initially seeing "Sam's Club Photo" as their pending transaction. I guess photo is ineligible so people were worried. We've got it loaded to 2 AMEX cards but haven't tried it yet because we just bought the Groupon for the Sam's membership and haven't activated it yet. No reason to pay the 10% surcharge if I don't have to.

My transaction is still pending but it is no longer coded as photo. I'll post back when it clears and let you know whether my account was credited or not.

I have this offer on my Amex card but every time I click on the link from either my Amex account or the email I got, it goes to a 404-File or directory not found page. I was hoping this thread would help me.. :( Anyone else have this happen??

Not yet but the offer moved from my saved offers to my redeemed offers. My transaction just moved from pending to posted this morning so I'm hoping the credit will show up tomorrow.

I just checked and mine is the same. Anyone know how long it takes to go to an actual credit on the card??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter