20/30/40 and free dining????? (update post 11)

I was reading about them in the Unofficial guide, and it mentioned the PIN discounts that occasionally get sent via email or snail mail. There's some serious marketing wizzardry behind them, but I have to think they're linked to previous number of visits/number of times deluxe resorts have been booked at rack rates/number of times called in to customer service/zip code/magical fairy wonder dust.

I think the key here is that they're giving a little away to encourage people to both stay on property and invite friends and family to come with now that their budget is freed up and they can help out. More people = more repeat business, and it's a down economy.

Makes sense to me from my cubicle in a corporate call center, at least. :P

Thanks for the info Snow White. My daughter and future son-in-law just received the QS dining pin and I booked their honeymoon with a 35% off pin sent to me. So I e-mailed my travel agent and ask her to call and see if we could get both. I doubt it will work but it is worth a try. I booked them a 7 night, 8 day package with tickets including park hopper and water parks. I'll let you all know what happens!

I love WDW as well as the next person... but honestly...

Unless someone posts an actual confirmation from WDW with double discounts IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Yes, we all want to imagine we're special and that pixie dust flies out of our asses when we're on the phone with a CM... but the fact remains, the computers can't accept 2 codes at once.

Now back to your regular fantasy ;)

ExPirateShopGirl- that has to be about the funniest post I have seen on here. True or not (who am I to say?) thank you for your sharp wit!

Unless someone posts an actual confirmation from WDW with double discounts IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Yes, we all want to imagine we're special and that pixie dust flies out of our asses when we're on the phone with a CM... but the fact remains, the computers can't accept 2 codes at once.

EXACTLY. If you think you got two discounts, I want to see your confirmation.

That is what they told me I could have the $224.44 rate and free deluxe dining. I am really not sure about booking this. I feel I'm just asking for trouble during check-in.

What are you waiting for? If you have 2 people telling you this is rate, get their names, and request confirmation of details of ressie be sent to you and just do it! Great deal!

I would go for it. I was talking to a CM today and she said that sometimes people are given a room discount and dining. It is rare, but it happens. But I am still sitting here with nada. Booked at full price hoping for something..anything.

I would book it if I were you and get all the names involved.

It doesn't happen, regardless of what the CM told you.

I would go for it. I was talking to a CM today and she said that sometimes people are given a room discount and dining. It is rare, but it happens. But I am still sitting here with nada. Booked at full price hoping for something..anything.

I would book it if I were you and get all the names involved.

This should be a *sticky* at the top of the "Codes and Rates" board.

My TA called and talked to a CM and my daughter cannot get both the discount room rate and the free quick service dining. So they opted for the 35% off room rate.

I totally agree, that is why I posted the link of the OP's 3rd pixie dust offer, where he mentions he got a gift card too! The funny thing is people are still on the hook believing this:confused3

here is the other claim notice the date of posting too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2411948

I totally agree, that is why I posted the link of the OP's 3rd pixie dust offer, where he mentions he got a gift card too! The funny thing is people are still on the hook believing this:confused3

here is the other claim notice the date of posting too:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2411948

Interesting:scratchin....Free Dining + 40% off room rate + *bonus* Gift Card even though they didn't book the required 5 night stay during the dates of the offer.. = :rolleyes1

Discounts galore for UK residents. You can double and even triple stack them!!
:confused3:confused3:confused3
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=16

That is absolutely true. :) Folks traveling from overseas are often offered excellent discounts and allowed to stack discounts because 1. They often spend extended periods of time here and 2. Disney recognizes the expense of international flights and makes it worth an international travelers time to stay at Disney.

we were offered 30% off and free dining as a bouncebook promo while we were there in September 2008. I booked it, and even got names, etc.

When I called back to a month or so after getting back, they said it was a mistake- it was supposed to be one or the other, and said they could not honor it. I even asked them to check their tapes hoping it was a recorded conversation. I never got any further than that. I was so upset they wouldn't honor it, that we cancelled our vacation and went somewhere else last year.

Cracking up- and enjoying the visual imagery. Thanks ExPirateShopGirl for the great post. Not to question the OP but sometimes people do post things to get people going- the computers will not allow a double code to be booked even if a CM makes a verbal error. This is why it's essential to determine which code or PIN or offer works in your favor based on your vacationing style and your party's needs.

I booked a ressie online a few years back, clicked that I wanted the DDP and paid for it. The rate was really good but not phenomenal and I did wonder about it, but I figured it was a special offer for the resort I'd chosen ( Coronado Springs) as the price was higher for any other moderate resort. Lo and behold the documents arrived, I did NOT have dining so I called and spoke with a supervisor. They would not honor the rate even though I had it in writing on my original confirmation that the DDP was included. They did, however, allow me to cancel with a full refund although I would normally have been in penalty. Did I cancel? You bet. I was really angry that through no fault or knowledge of my own I had booked a vacation that didn't include what I was told I was getting. I actually came across those documents about a month ago when I was weeding out a paperwork bin and got mad all over again, lol. I've been back to Disney plenty and we are DVC members, but I would question anything that looks odd or too good to be true as it probably isn't. Read the fine print on your terms and conditions.---Kathy

They don't appear stackable.... and even if they are, UK residents who book such a package are subject to this clause:

13. Your behaviour
You must not behave in a way that may cause distress or annoyance to others. You must respect and conform with local laws and customs. If, in the opinion of ourselves, any accommodations manager or other person in authority, you are behaving in such a way as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, your Booking may be terminated by either ourselves or the supplier concerned. In this situation, we will have no liability to you and will not be responsible for making any refunds, paying any compensation or meeting any costs or expenses you incur as a result. In addition, you must meet any expenses we incur as a result of your behaviour.

:lmao:

Try THAT with US citizens.... I love it!

Discounts galore for UK residents. You can double and even triple stack them!!
:confused3:confused3:confused3
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=16

That is absolutely true. :) Folks traveling from overseas are often offered excellent discounts and allowed to stack discounts because 1. They often spend extended periods of time here and 2. Disney recognizes the expense of international flights and makes it worth an international travelers time to stay at Disney.

hmm....so if I went to Disney Paris would I be able to stack discounts? LOL :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter