• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 year old, DDP, "family style" meals?

flamtap

planning first trip with kids
Hi,

Planning my first trip with my kids. We are using the DDP. My youngest is 2 and so he can eat free at buffets, and share (or we buy out of pocket) at sit-down restaurants.

My question is a about "Family Style" meals like Akershus and HDDR. How exactly are these served? Do we make any selections from the menu or do we just get plates of food? Is it all you can eat or eat what you get?

Same for HDDR, how is this food served? My kids aren't big fried chicken or ribs fans, has anyone had any luck requesting an alternate meal for kids?

Thanks for any info!

flamtap

HDDR is hte best, you get buckets of ribs and chicken on your table. Love it!

My son was offered hot dogs and mac and cheese at HDDR - but he's a big chicken and rib kid, so he declined. You should have no problem.

Hi,

Planning my first trip with my kids. We are using the DDP. My youngest is 2 and so he can eat free at buffets, and share (or we buy out of pocket) at sit-down restaurants.

My question is a about "Family Style" meals like Akershus and HDDR. How exactly are these served? Do we make any selections from the menu or do we just get plates of food? Is it all you can eat or eat what you get?

Same for HDDR, how is this food served? My kids aren't big fried chicken or ribs fans, has anyone had any luck requesting an alternate meal for kids?

Thanks for any info!

flamtap

I've only been to Askerhus for bfast. You get a large plate of eggs, meat and potato casserole (yummy!) and yes, you can ask for seconds. There is also a buffet with breads and fruits. They can get a plate from the buffet and share foods from the family style entree. At breakfast there is no menu, but I don't know about lunch or dinner.

My 2 year old daughter was able to order her own child's entree (at no charge) at Akershus last December. We were there for dinner and she had several options to choose from even with a food allergy. Enjoy your trip!

My 2 year old daughter was able to order her own child's entree (at no charge) at Akershus last December. We were there for dinner and she had several options to choose from even with a food allergy. Enjoy your trip!

Ditto. When we went last month, I ordered a child meal for my DD (just turned 2) and the server brought it for free. She appeared in the ticket as "infant" and amount $0. Of course, with all the princesses, she did not touch her food.

Thank you all for the info. So for dinner at Akershus, they just bring out plates with all the different foods?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter