2 wks to go, what to pack for 1st timer

miketiuf

Earning My Ears
Less than 2 wks to go on 1st time cruise w/family of 6
DH, DS-11, DDs 10, 8,and 2
What do I pack clothing wise? Dinner dress code for kids?
Beach/pool toys for excursions, on boats?
Should I pack iron/steamer?
Help please, running out of time.
Getting excited and a bit anxious.

Not sure if you are doing the 7 day or shorter? On the 7 day you will have one formal night, and one semi formal night. Also one island night attire. All other evenings are resort casual -- but no shorts or jeans. The wonder cruise does not have a formal night -- but they do request jacket for tritons and also Palo (if you choose to go). Childrens dress code is the same as adults.

No irons are allowed in the staterooms due to the fire hazard. Irons are available for FREE use in all of the laundry rooms.
:)

Sorry, no laundry room on deck one but just one floor up on two would be the most convienent for you (there is another on deck 6). Try to use it at off times like the middle of the day or early morning, the room is tiny and REALLY packed right before dinner.

I did bring my own detergent. I got the wisk tablets that are in sealed bags. It kept together even when it got squished. I did laundry twice on the 7 day, and only had 2 loads to do when we got home.

In answer to the first question, I'd highly recommend 3 bathing suits. It seemed like the suits took quite a while to dry out, and if you went in during the day, then wanted to go back after dinner, and again early the next morning, a third suit was a nice thing to have if the first one wasn't completely dry.

There was a thread a while back on the kids attire for dinner, and the zip off pants were recommended. I think they would be great for boys. Also nice sneakers were okay if they don't have dress shoes. I brought dress shoes for our DS, but he said that they were too stiff and only wore them a couple of nights.

I did bring a travel steamer that I got at WalMart. I used it once to get all the wrinkles out of the nice clothes. I also used the wrinkle remover spray from Downey and it worked pretty good. We weren't super starched up, but it looked good enough!

If you do a beach you will need to bring your own toys. We ordered a gift basket from The Perfect Gift for DD - it was a sand bucket and toys- saved a little room in the car for the drive down and we were very glad she had them on the beach.

Since DD was 7 she wanted to dress up on the formal nights. Since we sailed in January she wore her 'Christmas dress'. I don't remember seeing a lot of boys in suits- most just has on dress pants and a dress shirt- clean tennis shoes would be fine if they do not wear dress shoes very often.

As the others said no irons are allowed in the rooms. If you use the iron in the laundry room do make sure you use it early in the morning. We were on deck 6 just down the hall from the laundry rooms so we saw how crowded it got. DH did 2 loads of laundry one morning(he is the early riser). We brought the laundry tablets and a few dryer sheets along with a satin stick. Worked out well.

Do pack several bathing suits. You do not need a lot of shorts and shirts. You will stay in the bathing suit most of the day. I didn't believe it until we went but most people walk around in their bathings and a cover up. I brought home about 3 outfits that were never worn.

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for the help, just starting to collect items to pack while kids are in school so we can keep trip a surprise, very excited though. I love these boards, they are a tremendous help.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter