2 wks deluxe or 3 wks mod?

It is a hard decision. BUT, there is plenty to do at POFQ on those "I can't do a park today" days and you have the boat to Downtown disney which gives you lots of other options. I would price out how much you will spend on the character dining you are thinking of and then decide if it is worth upgrading to the DDP. I don't know about anyone else but I always feel like I need another week after a vacation to recover. Three weeks would give you plenty of time to relax and enjoy everything without exhausting yourselves. You are also talking about being there in December which is the most beautiful time to visit Disney. The temps are usually great (you can get a few cold evenings but not many) and the holiday decorations are up, along with lots of little celebrations that go on everywhere. So, that is the long way of my saying I would go for the three weeks.

exactly!!!

3 weeks, absolutely! We would always go for 3 weeks in the summer when I was a kid/teen and we were never bored or tired of it by the end. You can't beat more time at WDW and POFQ is a great resort.

Hi,

We're in the UK also,but the cold ne of England !!

Whilst our plans are sorted for next year,we're currently discussing 2015 (assuming there's still free dining offers) and have similar deliberations on going.

However,our choices are 1 week at okw and then offsite villa or 2.5/ 3 weeks at pofq and townhouse.

I think if we could afford 2 weeks in a 2 bed at okw,we would choose that option.
But it seems crazy to pass up the opportunity of staying longer,so it's not black and white,is it?!

Op-therefore I'm not much use really.:rotfl:

Thanks for all your votes so far guys. I think its pretty split.

Hi,
However,our choices are 1 week at okw and then offsite villa or 2.5/ 3 weeks at pofq and townhouse.

I think if we could afford 2 weeks in a 2 bed at okw,we would choose that option.
But it seems crazy to pass up the opportunity of staying longer,so it's not black and white,is it?!

Op-therefore I'm not much use really.:rotfl:

This is where we have come from. We had planned 3 weeks in an offsite condo because of having the almost 2 year old. But this is our 10th anniversary trip and we've always wanted to stay at WL. It comes in very close to our max budget, but I ran 3 weeks through anyways and was surprised we could stay at our 2nd fav resort for 3 weeks. I am so tempted by the idea of staying longer as it feels like better 'value' but at the same time I dont know if we'll be able to afford a deluxe once we have to pay for 4 flights and park tickets... Urgh, why is it so difficult!

I would extend the week at do POFQ. You're coming from the UK, staying longer is always better. POFQ should suit you just fine!

How often do you plan on coming to the States? If not often (like once in 5 years), do 3 weeks at a moderate. If often, then 2 weeks deluxe.

We first visited in 2005,thought it was our once in a lifetime trip,and we were instantly hooked-no question about it,we'd be back.
And we have been.
Every year since,with even a couple of years where we squeezed in 2 trips! :banana::banana:

Our vacations have varied from 12 nights to 17 (just had in Aug) and every single one has flown over.

We are pushing the boat out next year,and have arranged to fly from our local airport,not done this for a while as literally thousands $'s cheaper from other airports. Therefore,our biggest expense by far,are our flights,not our accommodation choices next year.

Unfortunately,we don't have endless $'s available for vacations,so we chose convenience over deluxe accommodation,and thus gave us the chance to have a 21 night stay.:woohoo::woohoo:

Longer stay at POR or POFQ .... love the resort, and its an extra week !!!!

With the little ones you aren't really going to get much value out of the Regular Dining plan I would imagine. And if you are coming all that way, I'd stay the extra time :) It really starts to feel like a true vacation during the second week :)

2 weeks deluxe, for sure. Three weeks is way too long for me for one trip. anything longer than 10 days starts to get old and I'm ready t go home.

We did a 19 day trip once....never again. But then, we are homebodies! LOL

I may be in the minority but I would choose 2 weeks at the deluxe. We did 10 days last trip and by day 6 or 7, I was ready to go home. Very exhausted, sick of the food, ready to get back into a routine.

With two weeks, you will likely spend more time at the resort so I think having a room with a balcony to relax on would be crucial. Plus the added transportation options will help keep your sanity.

I would spend two weeks at a deluxe. Unless this is your first and last trip to WDW, I think beyond two weeks is probably a bit much. Better to have the full experience for two weeks! Maybe even split between two deluxes and spend a week at each?

Have fun whatever you decide!

I would do 2 weeks at a deluxe. 3 weeks is too long for me. I would be tired of Disney by then. Actually I think I would do 2 weeks at POFQ and then maybe a week at a beach or somewhere else.

Character meals and good food is a must for me. I would do the two weeks at the WL at that I time of year. Beautiful! I would not be able to do CS for three weeks. What great options!

Since you said it was for your Anniversary and you guys have always wanted to stay at WL I would say go with the 2 weeks option.

I really don't think my children would do well being away from home for three weeks and I would go a little crazy myself.

I like the idea of two weeks in a deluxe. As I want my children to have a great time in the parks, I want to feel like I am on vacation as well and I accomplish that when I get back to the hotel.

Enjoy your planning!

What an awesome choice!!! I don't think that you can go wrong either way. Both are amazing options. Personally, my choice would be two weeks at the Wilderness Lodge. If it was one week at WL or two weeks at PO I would go with two weeks at PO but three weeks is a bit long for me. At WL, you can boat over to the MK - it seems like from your children's ages you'll be spending a lot of time there. I do hope that you post a trip report when you get back. Have fun!

2 weeks deluxe. With that much time, relaxing on your balcony is a nice way to spend time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter