2 weeks till our first WDW trip

tyandhailey

Earning My Ears
:wizard: My husband and I and our 8 year old daughter are going on our first WDW trip Jan 21st - 28th... Cannot wait... We arrive at about 9:30am... Any suggestions on what to do the first day there...We were thinking just look around but have not decided yet... We are staying at the All Star Sports... Anyone else staying at the same resort same time??? ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Hey! My family and I will be there that same week (We go almost every year at this time). Staying at Pop Century.

Some things to remember:

You have probably heard this already, but try to avoid the Disney Commando Syndrome...you can't see it all in a week. Take time to appreciate the details (and Disney is amazing at the details!)

It can get cold in January...think layers, then rent a locker and store them as it warms up.

Pay attention to what attractions are going to be closed for refurb. (For instance, Splash Mountain will be closed beginning Jan 23rd. Make sure to get to Magic Kingdom before it closes).

The Extra Magic hour is awesome....we like the evening EMH even more than the morning. Be sure to factor it into your plans.

An 8 yr old daughter will have the most fun ever at WDW (I have a 12 daughter and 6 son). If she is into characters, spend some time in Animal Kingdom @ Camp Mickey Minnie. We have found it to be the most character accessible area.

My kids love to ride with the pilot on the MonoRail. Just wait in the first space and ask if you can ride up front. They may even give your daughter a keepsake "license".

Anyway, sorry this got so long...we are very excited to go.....

We will be there the same time but we are staying at POP. It will be DD9's 2nd trip and DD2's 1st trip. We are so excited. I know you are too!!!

Our traditional first night is a dinner at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. Call up and make an ADR asthis is a popular restaraunt for family's with all of the characters. Your daughter will love it.

I don't know what you have for tickets or how long you are staying...but if it was me and I arrived at 9:30 am, I would spend at least part of the day at the Magic Kingdom. I can never get enough of this park. I would make it a "preview" day, maybe hit a couple of not so popular attractions, see the 3 pm parade and then head over to Chef Mickey's for an early dinner. Then back to your resort to rest up for the rest of your trip!

The way the pricing is for MYW tickets, this day may cost you next to nothing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter