2 Week Visit - Split Stay ?

Halefamilyof6

Mouseketeer
I hope someone can clarify as I feel like I've seen it done both ways.

We will be booking a 14 night stay next year. We were originally going to book all at AKV, but my kids (19, 11, 10, 6) have all agreed they'd like to stay in two different resorts (they want to check out the pools). So, we're thinking (keeping our limited points in mind):

1 week AKV
1 week BLT

Having stayed two weeks at Aulani last year, I know that each day past 7, you have to call in and add the additional day. Is it the same policy if you are doing a split stay? Or, do I book 1 week at one resort and then seven days later, call and book week 2 at the different resort?

When doing a split stay, will the new resort hold our things until our room is ready?

We plan on making the day we change resorts a 'resort' day. Can we use the pool of the new resort or the old resort or as DVC members, does it even matter (can you pool hop)?

Is there any reason we might NOT want to go this route of doing a split stay?

Thanks =)

The two stays are completely separate. You book the first 7 nights, then the next 7.
You can give your luggage to bell services at the first resort and ask to move them to the second one. You go to the parks until room is ready and when you are in your room you call bell service to get the bags.
Why have a resort day when moving resort? Isn't it better to go to a park while you wait for the room to be ready?

We love doing split stays, mainly so we can be near the different parks and walk to them from our resorts. I know that is hard from AKL lol, but it is special for its own reasons.
You can book them all together, unless its for 11 months out or non home resorts 7 months, then you might have to wait for one week. But you should not have to call each day.
You can have bell services hold your bags, and have them transferred to your new resort. They do not promise a set time. Or you can transfer yourself and have your new resort hold them till your room is ready.
You have access to all things at both resorts on your change day.
The only reason I wouldn't do a split is if you don't want to pack and move.
Enjoy, we plan our trips around what resorts we are at.

Zavandor, we have a resort day or DD day on the move as well. We plan the night before as a late park night, then sleep in day. Check out and take our bags with us, drive to the new resort. Sometimes we have been very lucky and room is ready. If not we head DD shop and eat, come back hang by the pool and by that time our room has always been ready. Clean up grab dinner, early night for our early planned morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter