2 value rooms or 1 moderate

jamoka

Earning My Ears
We are planning on making a trip to Disney. Personally, I like to stay on-site . My husband likes to stay off-site so we can have more space . So I was wondering, Do you think it would be better to get one room at a moderate Hotel or get two at a value resort? I know we still wouldn't have a kitchen but he's fooling himself if he thinks I'm gonna cook all week ! . We are staying for 5 days... Just wondering what other people think . Thanks!

How many people are travelling? ages? It is difficult to assess without knowing more information.

Not knowing your party size i will state that when our kids became teens we started doing two rooms even when staying deluxe just for the extra bathrooms and elbow room.

Keep in mind when booking 2 rooms that there is no guarantee that those rooms will connect or even be remotely close by to one another.

Neither! If you have a large party, It might be comparable in the price of two value room to just book one family suite at Art of Animation or a cabin at Fort Wilderness. :)

Oh sorry! We have 2 adults (hubby is 6'7") and a 13 year old... Only 3 people...

Thanks for all of the input thus far!

I would do 1 moderate. My husband is about as tall as yours and a moderate is just fine (hell, a value is just fine...) for the 4 of us (us, kids who are 12 and 9).

Like someone upthread said - no guarantee that 2 rooms at a value would be near each other, much less connect.

Oh sorry! We have 2 adults (hubby is 6'7") and a 13 year old... Only 3 people...

Thanks for all of the input thus far!

In that case, I would go with a moderate! I think Caribbean Beach Resort has the largest rooms, of all the moderates.

Well, a mod is often cheaper than 2 rooms at a value. And with the extra amenities I'd have to personally go for the mod. I stay value plenty but if budget allowed we'd chose mod every time. 2 value rooms will be roomier, but you won't be guaranteed they are connecting or even in the same building. I would think a little less space would be preferable to 2 separate rooms if they can't be guaranteed to be next to each other.

We stay as a family of 5 in a mod room and have no issues with space. But everyone is different.

If space is your goal, how about a suite at AoA or the All Star Music?

I'm not sure what your budget is, but we tend to book 1-bedroom villas for the extra space (we also have 3 people in our family). You might also consider a Ft. W cabin. We just stayed in a Family Room at the Swan and that was fantastic as well. You could consider an AoA suite, though I'm not a fan of the values. I would hesitate booking 2 rooms as they may not connect. If the choices are truly 2 values or a mod, I would do the mod.

Oh I would NOT want my 13 year old NOT in a connecting room. I would go with a moderate for the queen beds too. We stayed ONE night in a family suite at one of the ALL Stars but could NEVER stay in a Value if it were hubby and I unless we had a king room. LOL

Oh I would NOT want my 13 year old NOT in a connecting room. I would go with a moderate for the queen beds too. We stayed ONE night in a family suite at one of the ALL Stars but could NEVER stay in a Value if it were hubby and I unless we had a king room. LOL

They actually would not be allowed to have their 13 year old in a non connecting room.

I agree with @KonaKaiTom that the Swan or Dolphin is worth considering. Check out the prices and available discounts, add on about $45/day and compare to the price of the moderates. The Swan/Dolphin are deluxe resorts at near moderate prices and have a wonderful location that is walking distance between Epcot and DHS.

For reasons already stated, I wouldn't bother with booking two values for three people. You will get much more use of the added amenities at a moderate or at the Swan/Dolphin then the bit of extra space in the two value rooms.

Value rooms have double beds and your DH is tall. I would go for the Moderate. Queen beds, double sinks and more amenities.

They actually would not be allowed to have their 13 year old in a non connecting room.

As noted in other threads and with DISers having first hand experience, WDW can do anything and won't guarantee anything. In this case, one adult could stay with the 13 year old in a room anywhere else in that resort. In other DISers' experience, a single parent has been split up from a room with some of his/her kids.

They try to accomodate but it is for sure NOT a guarantee.

Thanks all... I forgot that they don't guarantee adjoining rooms. We will look into the other options too. Thanks for all of the input! Oh - and no worries, we would never put our 13 year old in a room by herself! I probably wouldn't put my 18 year old in a room by himself! But thanks again... We wil probably do moderate. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter