• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Trips Cancelled Lead to the Ultimate Christmas Adventure

Can't wait for your trip to start! I moved to Culver City from Central Oregon about 4 months ago and pass the sign to the Museum of Tolerance every day on my way home from work. I need to share a photo with you (which I'll try to take tomorrow) that really cracks me up whenever I see that sign.

Hope you have a fun trip - it's great that you are getting a chance to take your daughter, mom and meet up with friends/family. I really hope your SD gets to feeling better and passes the health certificate so you can take him with you.

Thank you!

Have you been to the museum yet? I hear it's quite good.

I haven't spent much time in Central Oregon, but DD has been a few times. Very different from where we're from in California, but I'm really starting to love the quiet!

I've now officially done everything I can do in advance other than pack! I purchased tickets online for MoT and LACMA. Good thing I decided to do that since they are booking up fast. We had to swap days for the museums because MoT was already booked for the day we intended. So now we will go to MoT on the 7th and LACMA on the 6th. The groceries are ordered too. Now it's just a matter of waiting another 16 days to get on the plane!

I'll be coming back to surgery and new treatment plans since the current course isn't working. With all of the unfortunate medical news I've been receiving over the last few weeks, it's good to have the Disney distraction.

When I first started planning, I considered it an ultimate Christmas Adventure simply because I would be able to go after a long hiatis. Looking at all of the additions to the trip, I think it's actually going to live up to its name. Thanks again for following along. It's been fun to document the journey.

I've now officially done everything I can do in advance other than pack! I purchased tickets online for MoT and LACMA. Good thing I decided to do that since they are booking up fast. We had to swap days for the museums because MoT was already booked for the day we intended. So now we will go to MoT on the 7th and LACMA on the 6th. The groceries are ordered too. Now it's just a matter of waiting another 16 days to get on the plane!

I'll be coming back to surgery and new treatment plans since the current course isn't working. With all of the unfortunate medical news I've been receiving over the last few weeks, it's good to have the Disney distraction.

When I first started planning, I considered it an ultimate Christmas Adventure simply because I would be able to go after a long hiatis. Looking at all of the additions to the trip, I think it's actually going to live up to its name. Thanks again for following along. It's been fun to document the journey.

:hug: I'm sorry your current treatments aren't working.......that I imagine can be very disheartening.....I'm glad you have this trip to help keep your spirits up.

Ok, I know what the LACMA is but what is MoT?? Glad you had the flexibility to change days around.

:hug: I'm sorry your current treatments aren't working.......that I imagine can be very disheartening.....I'm glad you have this trip to help keep your spirits up.

Ok, I know what the LACMA is but what is MoT?? Glad you had the flexibility to change days around.

It is. Yesterday I had a nice big pitty party, but decided not to stay in that negative space. Today I bought the museum tickets, read Disney blog, and generally focused on the good things in life. :thumbsup2

MoT is Museum of Tolerance (http://www.museumoftolerance.com/). DD has wanted to go for a long time, and we finally have time this trip.

It is. Yesterday I had a nice big pitty party, but decided not to stay in that negative space. Today I bought the museum tickets, read Disney blog, and generally focused on the good things in life. :thumbsup2

MoT is Museum of Tolerance (http://www.museumoftolerance.com/). DD has wanted to go for a long time, and we finally have time this trip.

The museum looks interesting! We had to drop out our museum, LaBrea Tar Pits day......one of these times, I'm going to get to those, Universal City Walk and San Diego.

Will keep you in my prayers.....just keep smiling and stay positive!! :goodvibes

The museum looks interesting! We had to drop out our museum, LaBrea Tar Pits day......one of these times, I'm going to get to those, Universal City Walk and San Diego.

Will keep you in my prayers.....just keep smiling and stay positive!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! Extra prayers are appreciated! :goodvibes

Wow! I can't believe it - we get on a plane in 9 DAYS!!! We're looking forward to every single day of this trip. Time to amp up the Disney-movie-watching to get us in the mood!

:dancer: Woo Hoo for the Single Digit Dance!!!! :dancer:'

By the way....I just realized, you haven't posted a picture of yourself and I don't know your first name......makes it kinda hard for me to spot you when we meet up.......lol

:dancer: Woo Hoo for the Single Digit Dance!!!! :dancer:'

By the way....I just realized, you haven't posted a picture of yourself and I don't know your first name......makes it kinda hard for me to spot you when we meet up.......lol

Honestly, I can't find a single picture of me! DD got on me about that and has insisted I rectify the situation on this trip. My name is Carrie, and I'll be in a Deckert's scooter. I have curly hair and glasses. I'll be the one looking around like I'm lost. You're right - having names does help. Without it, I can just picture you going table to table saying "Escape2Disney? Escape2Disney?" :lmao:

Honestly, I can't find a single picture of me! DD got on me about that and has insisted I rectify the situation on this trip. My name is Carrie, and I'll be in a Deckert's scooter. I have curly hair and glasses. I'll be the one looking around like I'm lost. You're right - having names does help. Without it, I can just picture you going table to table saying "Escape2Disney? Escape2Disney?" :lmao:

Well you've seen pics of me in my trip report so you'll spot me first (probably)......lol My hair is pretty short now.....that's the only difference. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person Carrie!! :goodvibes I'm hoping Sherry will be able to join us too since she'll be there during that time!!

Well you've seen pics of me in my trip report so you'll spot me first (probably)......lol My hair is pretty short now.....that's the only difference. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person Carrie!! :goodvibes I'm hoping Sherry will be able to join us too since she'll be there during that time!!

Me too!

I have some questions for you - 1) Do you know if they have an HA suites and 2) Have you ever asked for an upgrade when checking in? How does that work?

Me too!

I have some questions for you - 1) Do you know if they have an HA suites and 2) Have you ever asked for an upgrade when checking in? How does that work?

I'm thinking I understand the 1st question: Here is a link from Disney~~
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/plan/guest-services/hotels-accessibility/

I have no idea if that includes the suites??

As for the 2nd, I've never relied on an upgrade and never asked. I've heard of it happening (quite often) but it really depends on the time of year and whether the hotels are busy. When I've booked the Disney Hotels, I've reserved the type of room/view I wanted.......otherwise I'd be disappointed if we got there and had a view of the parking lot because we were hoping for an upgrade.

I'm thinking I understand the 1st question: Here is a link from Disney~~
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/plan/guest-services/hotels-accessibility/

I have no idea if that includes the suites??

As for the 2nd, I've never relied on an upgrade and never asked. I've heard of it happening (quite often) but it really depends on the time of year and whether the hotels are busy. When I've booked the Disney Hotels, I've reserved the type of room/view I wanted.......otherwise I'd be disappointed if we got there and had a view of the parking lot because we were hoping for an upgrade.

I can't tell either. I'll just give them a call tomorrow. I'm not really worried about an upgrade - just curious about how it works. We're fine with what we have. No disapointment here! :)

I can't tell either. I'll just give them a call tomorrow. I'm not really worried about an upgrade - just curious about how it works. We're fine with what we have. No disapointment here! :)

Anytime I've heard someone getting an upgrade it was just offered when they checked in......hoping you can get one and get a park view.......IT'S AMAZING!!!!

Anytime I've heard someone getting an upgrade it was just offered when they checked in......hoping you can get one and get a park view.......IT'S AMAZING!!!!

I'll be unbelievably happy just to be there! There are so many wonderful things scheduled for our time there that an upgrade would be icing on the cake. :goodvibes

FIVE DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!
SIX DAYS UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

This week will be very busy, so we decided to start packing today. It's been a while since I've flown anywhere - I forgot how hard it was to fit all of our stuff into one suitcase and one carry-on. (Since I'll be in my wheelchair and DD will be handling the baggage in LAX, we're trying to keep the bag count to a minimum.)

I ended up pulling out the dual-use space saver bags. I highly recommend these things! I'm not able to roll the air out, but if you have someone with you who has a lot of hand strength, it saves a TON of room! We're about 3/4 finished, with room to spare! Thank goodness for the washers/dryers at the resort! :thumbsup2

I've made a backpack for the back of the scooter (to hold water and other random things), and a backpack for DD to carry things in the parks. They are lightweight and easy to flatten if we need to put them in the suitcase. I didn't quite finish the hats I wanted to make, but that's okay. According to AccuWeather, it will be BEAUTIFUL! :beach: We'll be happy to get out of the dreary, rainy weather of Southern Oregon.

On Monday I'll call DLE to arrange for our shuttle. We need to reserve because of the wheelchair.

Only one more thing....Why can't we leave NOW?? :lmao:

FIVE DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!
SIX DAYS UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

This week will be very busy, so we decided to start packing today. It's been a while since I've flown anywhere - I forgot how hard it was to fit all of our stuff into one suitcase and one carry-on. (Since I'll be in my wheelchair and DD will be handling the baggage in LAX, we're trying to keep the bag count to a minimum.)

I ended up pulling out the dual-use space saver bags. I highly recommend these things! I'm not able to roll the air out, but if you have someone with you who has a lot of hand strength, it saves a TON of room! We're about 3/4 finished, with room to spare! Thank goodness for the washers/dryers at the resort! :thumbsup2

I've made a backpack for the back of the scooter (to hold water and other random things), and a backpack for DD to carry things in the parks. They are lightweight and easy to flatten if we need to put them in the suitcase. I didn't quite finish the hats I wanted to make, but that's okay. According to AccuWeather, it will be BEAUTIFUL! :beach: We'll be happy to get out of the dreary, rainy weather of Southern Oregon.

On Monday I'll call DLE to arrange for our shuttle. We need to reserve because of the wheelchair.

Only one more thing....Why can't we leave NOW?? :lmao:

:rotfl2: I know the feeling!! We're not packed but we're ready to go too!! :drive: Unfortunately I don't have enough clothes for everyone to pack now.....I'll be doing laundry Wednesday and hopefully packing almost everything that evening. Thursday will be playing Tetrus and trying to figure out how to get everyone and all our stuff into our mini van and not feel like this~~ :crowded: :rotfl:

In approximately 36 hours, we will be waking up to head for the airport! Everyone is officially jump-out-of-our-skin excited - even Mom!! :dance3:

Unfortunately I have hit a little bump that I'm hoping won't get in the way of me getting on the plane. Yesterday was a very long day. It started with my last PT session of the year, then shopping, then laundry and house cleaning, and going over all of the details of the trip with Mom. By last night, I was really sick to my stomach. :sick: I spent half of the night dealing with that, and woke up to the first horrendous migrane I've had in years. I'm still pretty shaky, but hopefully the worst is behind me this time. I'm so glad we have already packed most everything so I can lay low until we leave. Tomorrow I have to go in to get my port flushed, but that's it. My entire focus is on being healthy enough to travel!

SO, my only priority for the rest of today and most of tomorrow is to sleep as much as I can and hope this shaky feeling will pass. With so many wonderful things planned, I REALLY don't want to cancel or postpone. Wish me luck!! :goodvibes

In approximately 36 hours, we will be waking up to head for the airport! Everyone is officially jump-out-of-our-skin excited - even Mom!! :dance3:

Unfortunately I have hit a little bump that I'm hoping won't get in the way of me getting on the plane. Yesterday was a very long day. It started with my last PT session of the year, then shopping, then laundry and house cleaning, and going over all of the details of the trip with Mom. By last night, I was really sick to my stomach. :sick: I spent half of the night dealing with that, and woke up to the first horrendous migrane I've had in years. I'm still pretty shaky, but hopefully the worst is behind me this time. I'm so glad we have already packed most everything so I can lay low until we leave. Tomorrow I have to go in to get my port flushed, but that's it. My entire focus is on being healthy enough to travel!

SO, my only priority for the rest of today and most of tomorrow is to sleep as much as I can and hope this shaky feeling will pass. With so many wonderful things planned, I REALLY don't want to cancel or postpone. Wish me luck!! :goodvibes

Oh no Carrie!!! I hope with a good nights sleep tonight, that you'll be feeling well enough to go!!! No one ever likes being sick but getting sick right before a trip is AWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!! :scared1:

I'm gonna PM you with my cell #. So if for some reason plans need to change, you can let me know!

Get better my friend!! :hug:

Oh no Carrie!!! I hope with a good nights sleep tonight, that you'll be feeling well enough to go!!! No one ever likes being sick but getting sick right before a trip is AWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!! :scared1:

I'm gonna PM you with my cell #. So if for some reason plans need to change, you can let me know!

Get better my friend!! :hug:

Thanks, Laurie! I really hope I get better quick! I refuse to be sick on this trip LOL!

See you soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter