• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Table Credits

TwistGrl101

DIS Veteran
When you have the dining plan, and you go to a restaurant that takes 2 table service credits, do you:

1. Use the 2 credits, and then pay for other meals out of pocket
2. Save your credits for your 1 TS meals, and just pay for the 2 table credit meal out of pocket.

What I'm asking is, say you booked dinner at Le Cellier or Hoop De Doo Review..would you waste TWO dining credits, or just save credits for 2 other meals and pay for these special occasions out of pocket?

Well, we are paying for HDDR out of pocket. Didn't intend to but didn't do my research ahead of time, so we are. We bought and paid for HDDR 1st tier months and months ago when we had a room only res. Then, when free dining came out and I started making other ADR's, I realized HDDR was a 2 TS credit meal and you could only do Tier 2 or 3 at the early settings and Tier 1 at the late setting. We couldn't do late setting because we had Haunted Carriage ride booked after, and all other nights for that were already booked so we couldn't switch that. And the early settings that night only had tier 1 left anyways. And I had already made other park plans for the other nights and tho we tried/thought about switching things around, it just didn't work with our schedule.

So, I was left with the dilemma...cancel HDDR altogether or pay oop. Didn't want to miss it and so we are paying OOP. And now we have plenty of ADR's to make up for it, so I'm ok with it, but certainly wish I'd realized the free dining rules on it beforehand.

It depends on alot of things for me. This time, we are doing a few days of the DxDDp and are using 2 credits for Hoop De Doo, but we have done CRT and not used our credits, it just depends on what other dining we are planning.

You really have to do the math. Most often, 2-credit restaurants are not mathematically worth 2 credits, so you are better off paying OOP. But, if for example... you are going to Narcoose's, getting the lobster ($58), plus beverage plus dessert, for a total of over $70... that is certainly a better use of credits than a $20 lunch at the Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter