2 SW questions: Turtle Trek, Walking from hotel

kdnmom

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm thinking about a last-minute Sea World trip for a couple days next week and have a couple of questions that I was hoping y'all could help me answer. :goodvibes

1. What exactly is Turtle Trek? The Sea World site is a little nebulous in its description. Could someone explain it to me? Does the 3D movie cost extra? How long is the movie?

2. We are thinking about staying at the Marriott Renaissance across the street. Is this close enough that we could walk to SeaWorld from the hotel? Looks like it on the map, but wanted to check. Could save us $ on parking.

2a. The hotel offers free Quick Que unlimited. Are you only allowed one set of these passes per night in the hotel? Or can we get one on our check-in day as well as our check-out day? (Only staying 1 night.) Any chance that they'll be unavailable ("sold" out) 7/1 or 7/2?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

We stayed there last year, loved it. It was definitely close enough to walk, its just on the other side of the parking lot and across the street from Sea World. Also, my kids loved, loved, loved the water slides and sprayer at the hotel.

Thank you, TheElectricMayhem! Good to know that we can walk it! Also, that small water park at the hotel is one of the reasons we're looking to stay there. I hope my kids love it as much as yours did!

Hi All,

I'm thinking about a last-minute Sea World trip for a couple days next week and have a couple of questions that I was hoping y'all could help me answer. :goodvibes

1. What exactly is Turtle Trek? The Sea World site is a little nebulous in its description. Could someone explain it to me? Does the 3D movie cost extra? How long is the movie?

2. We are thinking about staying at the Marriott Renaissance across the street. Is this close enough that we could walk to SeaWorld from the hotel? Looks like it on the map, but wanted to check. Could save us $ on parking.

2a. The hotel offers free Quick Que unlimited. Are you only allowed one set of these passes per night in the hotel? Or can we get one on our check-in day as well as our check-out day? (Only staying 1 night.) Any chance that they'll be unavailable ("sold" out) 7/1 or 7/2?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Turtle Trek is an intense surround sound type movie. It can be a little "too much" for some kids. The line set up is actually longer than the movie. You wait in the first area for 6-10 minutes, then 6-10 minutes in the next room before you get to the movie. I would guess the movie to be about 10 minutes.

When we were there the wait time was about 45 minutes. It was definitely not worth that.
There was a worker there giving out their version of fast passes which had a return time of about 45 minutes. We went of Atlantis and the coaster next to it while we waited rather than standing in line.
You stand up for the show much like the Martin Short show in Canada at Epcot. It is the same type of screen but also 3D. It is cute but though I love sea turtles, we only did it once in the four days we were there.

We stayed at the hotel in 2008. We were on the top floor with a view out over Seaworld. It was fantastic. As a previous poster says, its across the road and straight across the car park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter