2 Separate Booking will entitle 4 free magic bands

ColdNorway

Mouseketeer
We have 2 separate bookings (2 adults,same name,diffrent dates) at POFQ.
1 from sept 7-15
1 from sept 15-20
These are booked by 2 compleete diffrent travel agents.
These are hotel rooms only bookings.
Arent we rely supposed to get 4 magic band by booking this way.
(just for my collection),and if so,how do we get 4 magic bands.
We travel from Norway,so Disney do NOT mail them to us,but we have to pick them up at check in.
The 2 separate bookings are now linked (by me) to Disney´s website.
Also,just for the argument sake...if you gonna stay at a disney resort for 10 days,and book 1 night hotel only,10 times,you chold get 20 magic bands (for 2 people in the party).

just for the argument sake...if you gonna stay at a disney resort for 10 days,and book 1 night hotel only,10 times,you chold get 20 magic bands (for 2 people in the party).

Yup. And, each MB would work for the entire trip, interchangeably.

That's the way Disney wants to do it. (And, like everything else, this could also change at any time.)

The actual cost to Disney for each band is so small, it doesn't matter much, overall.

I've got too many magic bands already. I just got 2 new sets, plus another set for passholders. That's in addition to the 3 other sets I have.

Is there any other reason besides collecting the bands to book 2 different stays?

1. you lose the ability to book all of your fp+ in one session. You will have to log in 60 days before each check in to get them and lose the ability to book before others going that week.

2. you will have to check in twice and could possibly have to change rooms, not a huge deal but still it could be a pain.

3. you are giving Disney double the opportunity to mess up your bands

Just wanted to give you information on why it may not be such a great idea.
People do split stays all the time for whatever reason, sometimes to split resorts, sometimes to adjust for more guests, sometimes to stay longer. I personally would not do just for magic bands. It seems like more trouble than it would be worth but if you have to do it anyway.... the bands are a plus!

Is there any other reason besides collecting the bands to book 2 different stays?

1. you lose the ability to book all of your fp+ in one session. You will have to log in 60 days before each check in to get them and lose the ability to book before others going that week.

From my experience, this isn't true. We were able to book every day of our 2 week split stay on the day our 60 day window opened.

Yup. And, each MB would work for the entire trip, interchangeably.

That's the way Disney wants to do it. (And, like everything else, this could also change at any time.)

The actual cost to Disney for each band is so small, it doesn't matter much, overall.

Thanks For info Robo.

We decided relatively late in the game to go for Christmas this year and since Fort Wilderness books up about a year in advance for the holidays, I had to stalk for openings one or two days at a time. So I have our Christmas week built with 4 separate reservations. I couldn't wrap my brain around how the whole multi magic bands thing would work and I wanted to get just one set of magic bands and cancel the rest since it seems wasteful, so I called Disney. The way she explained it to me was brilliant - look at MDE as your bank account and the bands as your debit cards. That made perfect sense! However, she said there was no way to cancel any sets of bands, so we'll end up with a whole slew of them.

Also,just for the argument sake...if you gonna stay at a disney resort for 10 days,and book 1 night hotel only,10 times,you chold get 20 magic bands (for 2 people in the party).

Sure you could. But each room-only reservation requires a one night deposit. You'd have to pay for the entire trip at the time of booking, and you'd have to check out/in every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter