2 Seaworld Questions

FrancesG

Love Me Love my Dog !
Hello

I am going to Seaworld for the very first time in early Feb 2002.

Can you tell me the opening hours at this time of year ?

I cannot seem to find them anywhere. And also can anyone give me advice, on the best way to be sure on feeding the dolphins?

Thanks in advance

Frances :D

My guess is that February hours will be from 9:00 am (that's pretty standard) to 6:00 or 7:00 pm. For exact park hours, call (407) 351-3600. Note that SeaWorld does not do "soft openings" like someother theme parks. In other words, if you show up at 8:00 am, they may let you in but they don't open the park itself until 9.

As to feeding the dolphins, here's the advice I give in "The Other Orlando":

"Dolphin feeding is carried out by paying customers. A small tray of smelt-like fish is $3. There is no discount for two trays and there is sometimes a two-tray limit per person. Annual passholders get a $1 discount. Having fish to offer will definitely increase your chances of touching a dolphin, although they will occasionally swim close enough to the edge to allow a foodless hand to sweep along their flanks. If touching a dolphin is a priority for you or your child, I would advise checking out feeding times and arriving a bit early to get on line for food. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will be disappointed.

"You can also have your picture taken while you are feeding the dolphins. Of course, you can have another member of your party try for a snap but the photographer who works for the photo concession has a telephoto lens and an unbeatable vantage point in the shallow water of the lagoon across from the dolphin feeding area. The photos that result will set you back $10 or $15 depending on size.

"Tip: If you’re going for a photo, have members of your party stake out a good spot on the edge of the lagoon well in advance of the posted feeding time. Then tip off the photo concession as to your location."

when we were there, they suggested u get there early... we were going to come back to feed them in the evening, and the girl suggested we come back at 445 or 5, but this was in july... if u have any questions ask the people at the dolphin nursery... feeding them was sooo cool!

Feeding times for the afternoon are 2, 3, and 5pm.

It's $4 for 4 fish in a paper cup. You can buy as many as you want. When they sell out, they close the window. I'd suggest 3 cups. Tons of people form along the wall, 3 levels deep. Get there 15 minutes before the window opens. Have another person stake out a spot along the wall. The dolphins will come up to everyone with food and stop so you can pet them. The people standing next to the person with food will also be able to pet them. If you hold your hand up like an officer telling someone to stop, they will raise up out of the water and touch it, that's when you toss the fish in their mouth.
After the window closes, people run out of fish to feed, and the dolphins go back to playing.
At 3pm, a trainer comes out with a big bucket of fish for certain dolphins on a special diet. If you stand next to him, you get extra petting. But this happens fast, you have to know he's coming and and look for him.

If you're a really big fan, then you'll hang out and wait for the next feeding.

I bet you'll end up staying for two feedings. On a previous trip, my daughter and I did the 2pm, 3pm, went underground where you can see them behind a glass wall, then did the 5pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter