• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Rooms; who can get in?

smylie1

DIS Veteran
I've tried searching this topic, but don't know how to word it in a searchable way!

There will be nine of us in two Finding Nemo suites. When I made the reservation, the CM said that I would be "lead guest" in one room, and made my son "lead guest" in the other. I simply read off the list of names and let the CM assign them to our rooms. Afterward, I started thinking that DH and I will want one bedroom, and my sister and her gf will want the other. I figure the teens will crash in whichever room they happen to be in.

My question is this: Since each room has a separate reservation number, will our Magic Bands only open the room that person is assigned to, or since they are linked, will all of our bands open both rooms?

I don't know the answer but have the same situation coming up next November.

Your magic bands will only work on the room you are assigned to, but Disney doesn't care who stays in which room. We had this situation in the spring. My wife and I were booked in different rooms. They could not change the magic band information at check in. We found that it really wasn't a problem. My wife just used her mb for us to get into the room.

About 10 years ago I was on a trip with 3 friends. We had requested connecting rooms but they did not have them. They were able to program all our keys to open both rooms. I don't know if that's still possible with magic bands but I would ask.

Do they still hand out the Keys to World cards? Can you get one of those for the other room and still use the Magic Band for your tickets and stuff?

My Sister-in-law will be on my room reservation while my brother and their granddaughter will be on another reservation - we are doing it because half of the group is doing Deluxe dining and the other half are doing regular dining. My room will have deluxe.

But she will want to sleep with her husband and maybe take the granddaughter back to room without my brother or come in later than my brother and the granddaughter. If we could get a key to the world card for his room for her to use it would be great.

:thumbsup2
If you and sister are in agreement of who will be in each room ahead of time, then at check-in make sure that is how the MB's get set-up. And don't settle for anything other than what will work for you.
If CM says they can't do that, immediately ask for a manager.

I've done the connecting rooms reservations before and did not have a problem.;) But I've read enough posts from others who have had issues that should have been resolved before walking away from the front desk and that's my only reason for the tip: Get what you want right away-don't leave the check-in desk unless your MB's per person are set to your room#.

Have a great vacation!

:thumbsup2
If you and sister are in agreement of who will be in each room ahead of time, then at check-in make sure that is how the MB's get set-up. And don't settle for anything other than what will work for you.
If CM says they can't do that, immediately ask for a manager.

I've done the connecting rooms reservations before and did not have a problem.;) But I've read enough posts from others who have had issues that should have been resolved before walking away from the front desk and that's my only reason for the tip: Get what you want right away-don't leave the check-in desk unless your MB's per person are set to your room#.

Have a great vacation!

The problem is the rooms do not match up with the dining plans. They want different people on the dining plans than are actually in the rooms. If they change the magic bands to match who is actually sleeping in each room, it will mess up the dining plans they want. Kind of hard to demand that they make it work when you can't have mixed dining plans in a room.

The problem is the rooms do not match up with the dining plans. They want different people on the dining plans than are actually in the rooms. If they change the magic bands to match who is actually sleeping in each room, it will mess up the dining plans they want. Kind of hard to demand that they make it work when you can't have mixed dining plans in a room.

Ireread post#1
not finding any details about dining plans:confused3:confused3
** * ok, you thought I was replying to poster above me?

nope, replying to OP.

We just got back from CBR and we had two connecting rooms. There were three of us in one room and two in another. We didn't actually sleep the way we were assigned, but whoever is assigned in each room will have access to that room only with their magic band. It was not a problem because our rooms were connecting, so we just left the door in the middle open.

Where we did run into problems was with the dining plan. We had two Disney adults in one room and two Disney adults and one child in the other room. You have to make sure they credit the proper credits to the proper bands or else you will have all kinds of trouble, which we did!

It's no big deal on the QS meals, but on the TS meals, it caused quite a bit of confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter