• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Rooms @ POP or All-Star Music Family Suite

mjkaferle5

DIS Veteran
I have noticed a lot of people seem to really prefer POP Century over the All-Star resorts.

So my question to you folks with experience...........

Do I get two connecting rooms at POP Century or a family suite at All-Star Music?

We are a family of six (2 adults, 4 youngs boys)

It depends. With the suite, you will have some separation but with the two rooms, you'll have even more (in my opinion).

I just booked two rooms for my in-laws and an aunt at Pop Century. I did consider the family suite. The reason I got the two rooms for them is because of the different sleeping habits. That might not be an issue with you.

But - do the four boys get along with each other? No pillow fights or "he's hogging the bed ma!" arguments? The two adults (not assuming husband and wife) will be able to sleep together in the suite but are you going to be constantly having to get up with the boys? With the two rooms, you could have one adult in each room with just two boys. And you can swap out the boys depending on what mood each one is in.

Ultimately, it's up to how well your four boys get along together. They will all be in the same room with the suite.

I assume that you are a family of 6-DH, DW and 4 DS's. We are a family of 5-me, DH, DD(9), DS(7), DD(5).

I really Pop and even though I've been 5 times I've never been with my entire family. We take 1 family trip per year and I take other trips with just 1 child at a time. I like that Pop has a dedicated bus service. I like that it is on a lake. I like the theming. I like the food court set up and I LOVE that they have frozen coke available for the refillable mug.

That being said I booked the ASMu family suite for my family trip in August. I don't want to take a chance that we won't get connecting rooms-not likely but it has happened. I also think the family suite will suit us better. I know we will take advantage of the kitchenette. DH & I will like having a queen vs full size bed. The kids will have a full size sleep sofa, twin chair bed and youth size automan bed. I have also read great things about the ASMu resort. They have been doing activities by the pool like showing movies at night on a blow up screen.

I can't wait to try the suites!

As much as I would also like to try out the family suites, I was just wondering if two rooms at POP would be better for none "room related" things like -

Better bus service at POP (one dedicated bus instead of sharing like the All-Star Resorts do.

Better theming - I seems like a lot of people like the POP theming better.

Better food court - I have heard folks sat there are more choices at the POP food courts and a better layout than ASM. Plus POP has frozen cokes!

We normally will stay in one of the deluxe or DVC resorts and we just got back from staying in a family suite at All star music. It was really nice and I highly recommend it. We were a family of four and the kitchenette came in really handy. It also has 2 bathrooms as well. There were no problems with the bus service or dining.

One advantage is that you can go over to the other two all star resorts very easily and use their pool, etc.

I have stayed at pretty much all of the resorts at disney and I was pleasantly surprised with the family suite.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Belinda

Better bus service at POP (one dedicated bus instead of sharing like the All-Star Resorts do.

Better theming - I seems like a lot of people like the POP theming better.
Well one advantage of staying at ASMu is that when the All-Stars aren't sharing busses you can take any AS bus back and walk over to music since it is in the middle.

You can also use the pools and food courts of any of the All Stars.

I do enjoy the theming of Pop but it will be fun to see the theming from all the All Stars too. ASMu has a nice fountain that I'm looking forward to seeing.

I know I will miss the frozen cokes though. I'll just have to buy a few in the parks. For me the advantages of the "room" will outweigh the inconvenience of no frozen coke.

We normally will stay in one of the deluxe or DVC resorts and we just got back from staying in a family suite at All star music. It was really nice and I highly recommend it. We were a family of four and the kitchenette came in really handy. It also has 2 bathrooms as well. There were no problems with the bus service or dining.

One advantage is that you can go over to the other two all star resorts very easily and use their pool, etc.

I have stayed at pretty much all of the resorts at disney and I was pleasantly surprised with the family suite.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Belinda

Nice to read your review. Did you eat in the room at all? How did that work out? I wish they had more than a table for 2.

Well one advantage of staying at ASMu is that when the All-Stars aren't sharing busses you can take any AS bus back and walk over to music since it is in the middle.........

This definitely good to know. I would think that since we are going next June (once school lets out) the busses wouldn't necessarily be sharing at the All-Star Resorts.

Our group of 6 stayed in an All-Star Suite last month and had a great time! :banana:

Having the kitchenette was a time and money saver. We ordered food from Garden Grocer, then had breakfast in the room before hitting the parks. Don't forget that if you want a fridge and stay at the Pop, you will have to pay extra for it.

The bus sharing between the All-Stars was never really an issue. The resorts are very close together, it takes probably 4 minutes to stop at all of the All-Star resorts and then get going to the parks. We never shared coming home at night either!

I'm pretty sure the ASMu is still doing all the fun activites by the pool that we were able to enjoy. They played bingo, had dance parties, trivia games, and showed movies by the pool each night. One night we watched The Little Mermaid while we were swimming. Another night it was Finding Nemo.

With having a kitchenette and all the activites, I would choose to stay in an All-Star Music suite over 2 rooms at the Pop.

Well one advantage of staying at ASMu is that when the All-Stars aren't sharing busses you can take any AS bus back and walk over to music since it is in the middle.

You can also use the pools and food courts of any of the All Stars.

I do enjoy the theming of Pop but it will be fun to see the theming from all the All Stars too. ASMu has a nice fountain that I'm looking forward to seeing.

I know I will miss the frozen cokes though. I'll just have to buy a few in the parks. For me the advantages of the "room" will outweigh the inconvenience of no frozen coke.

Nice to read your review. Did you eat in the room at all? How did that work out? I wish they had more than a table for 2.

It worked out really well. We bought milk, cokes, cereal, etc. and would have breakfast and snacks in the room. It saved quite a bit of money overall and I was really glad we had the family suite. I wish they also had more that a table for 2, but room was limited.

We are family of 5 and we did 2 connecting rooms at POP. We were able to get a King for DH & I and 2 fulls in the 2nd room for the girls. Of course, we ended up switching off on some nights since our little one wouldn't stay in her bed, but we enjoyed having regular beds as opposed to the fold outs they have at the suites. I'm not sure how comfortable those are as we have not stayed in the suites, but I've read that people do find them comfortable enough.

We really like POP so our decision was easy. Either resort you choose--have a great trip! :)

Not sure if price matters, but I found that two regular rooms as ASMU were less than one suite at ASMU.

I believe the tax at POP is 12.5%, whereas I think the tax at the All Stars Resorts is either 13 or 13.5% - it has to do with where they are located. Given that, two rooms at Pop might be even a little cheaper yet.

Two rooms at POP... No doubt. Remember, that connecting door can be closed! Besides it will come out cheaper than the suite.

DH and I have decided that we will definitely have to try a value this time. We are tossing around the idea of either Pop or AS Music suites. I'm so glad you asked this question.

Just by looking at pictures, it appears that AS Music has a more relaxed decore, while Pop has a more bold decore. For those of you who have stayed at Pop, did you find that the decore became a bit much? Are there places around where it is toned down? Maybe the lake is not as bold.

Two rooms at POP... No doubt. Remember, that connecting door can be closed! Besides it will come out cheaper than the suite.

It is a little cheaper to get 2 rooms, but then you don't get a fridge either. Plus keep in mind that connecting rooms are just a request. They are NOT guaranteed. You have to ask yourself how you would make it work if you ended up in 2 rooms that did not connect.

Not only do you get the fridge with the family suites, but you also get a microwave and a preferred location. So, you could save money by eating breakfast, snacks, etc. in the room.

I am so torn about this too. :confused3
We really prefer Pop Century,we stayed there last year. :hippie:
My youngest was still under 3 and now we'll have 3 "kids" and would need 2 rooms. The only reason I'm not 'positive' about booking- is I'm nervous we won't get the connecting rooms.

Good point about the fridge and microwave. Another plus with AS Music is that you will get a queen bed. It really is a hard decision.:confused3

Not only do you get the fridge with the family suites, but you also get a microwave and a preferred location. So, you could save money by eating breakfast, snacks, etc. in the room.

I haven't stayed in the suites yet but I'm looking forward to the extra storage too.

We just returned last week from WDW. We stayed at POP, for the 4th time, with adjoining rooms. The times before, we've stayed at Sports, and Music. Always with connecting rooms, in the preferred locations.

Our children are 18, 16, and 14. A girl, and two boys.

We request a room with a king bed, for us, and the boys share one bed, and our daughter gets one to herself. We've never had a problem getting adjoining rooms, and I guess never even thought it would be a problem.

I thought the decor at POP was great, we all loved it. The beds seemed to be extremely soft this time around, though....but, I slept. :lmao:

The only complaint, and it was from the hubby....chicken fingers are no longer on the menu - instead, chicken nuggets. He was so looking forward to the chicken fingers. :(

POP all the way - but, the fridge would have been great to keep a case or two, of bottled water cold. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter