• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Rooms in Pop Century or 1 In A Moderate?

DisneyObsessive

DIS Veteran
What would you do?

I went down in January with my boyfriend and our friend John and we stayed at Coronado and loved it.

We are going down in october, with another friend who has been to disney but maaaany years ago.

We have the option of either the 4 of us in one moderate room (not sure if we'd repeat coronado or try something new), which is nicer of course and i think would be nicer for our fourth friend to experience... but then again it's 3 guys and a girl all living in one place, and knowing the other two, one of em will wind up sleeping on the floor because they most likely won't share the bed.

Or, we do two rooms in pop century. not as nice as a moderate, but then my boyfriend and i would have our privacy and the two guys each get to live comfortably with their own beds!

The want to stay at a nice mod vs. the more practicality of staying at a value...

what would you do? I'm leaning towards Pop century but I'd like to hear opinions.

Also, difference in cost per person is literally like, $10, comparing 2 people splitting a value room to 4 splitting a moderate. So money isn't a major factor into it.

This one's really tough. I would automatically say go for the two rooms, but CSR is an amazing resort and there are a LOT of perks there that you wouldn't get at POP (queen beds, the huge hot tub, four pools vs. three, the gym, more bus stops...).

I honestly think that if I were you, I'd try to get everyone to save a little more dough and get two rooms at CSR! At least break down the cost and see if it's even possible...

I almost ALWAYS say go for a moderate instead of a value, but in this case I would want 2 rooms.

I would definitely get 2 rooms at a value. Pop is a great resort and I like my privacy.

I would look into the All Star Music.
They have 1 bedroom family suites. These rooms can sleep 6 and have two full bathrooms.

I would look into the All Star Music.
They have 1 bedroom family suites. These rooms can sleep 6 and have two full bathrooms.

but.................then you are looking at 1 on a Q sleeper sofa and the other in a sleeper chair:confused:. Same perks with 2 rooms at a value(excluding the kitchenette), more bed space, and the suites are more expensive than 2 rooms at a value. Your BF and you can get a king and they can get the double room. I would definitely get the 2 rooms at a value unless you all can figure the cost difference and go for 2 rooms at a moderate. IMO But we as a family do the 2 rooms at POP and LOVE it!

but.................then you are looking at 1 on a Q sleeper sofa and the other in a sleeper chair:confused:. Same perks with 2 rooms at a value(excluding the kitchenette), more bed space, and the suites are more expensive than 2 rooms at a value. Your BF and you can get a king and they can get the double room. I would definitely get the 2 rooms at a value unless you all can figure the cost difference and go for 2 rooms at a moderate. IMO But we as a family do the 2 rooms at POP and LOVE it!

The sleeper couch folds out to the size of a double bed, and is pretty comfortable. I shared one with my 14yr old niece, and we were fine.:) There is a queen bed in the bedroom.

Don't forget too that the ASMu Suites are all in the prefered buildings, which is also part of the reason they cost more than 2 rooms. That is an extra $30 a night if you want your 2 rooms to be in a prefered building. And the fridge would be another $10.60 a night.

The sleeper couch folds out to the size of a double bed, and is pretty comfortable. I shared one with my 14yr old niece, and we were fine.:) There is a queen bed in the bedroom.

Don't forget too that the ASMu Suites are all in the prefered buildings, which is also part of the reason they cost more than 2 rooms. That is an extra $30 a night if you want your 2 rooms to be in a prefered building. And the fridge would be another $10.60 a night.

Good point on the fridge. We don't ever want a prefered room at POP since we LOVE and request the lake view and fireworks view of the 50's or 60's building so that would not be an issue for us. I personally would want a king and 2 doubles for the extra bed space (me and DH don't fit in a double or a queen to well--we like to spread out:laughing:) but it is great to know that the sofa sleeper is comfy. I think it is what is most important, more sleeping room or the kitchenette and prefered area. Either option should work well.:thumbsup2

i also agree with OP about the 2 rooms at Pop and privacy

we're going (DH and myself) in 2011 with my DS (who will be 26 at that time) - those Pop rooms are waaaaaay too "small" for the 3 of us - giving DS his own room (so he can come & go at will) - even one room at a mod would be too small for the 3 of us (plus only one bathroom!)

yep - take the 2 rooms at Pop!

I would say 2 rooms, no question. I would definitely want privacy on a trip with a boyfriend and two other guys.

Is it out of the question to get two rooms at a moderate?

I would opt for the 2 rooms as well. All you have to do is tell them that you have medical issues and you can get the fridge for free.

I would opt for the 2 rooms as well. All you have to do is tell them that you have medical issues and you can get the fridge for free.

Please don't say that you have medical issues to get a free fridge if you don't have a true medical issue. Carma is a powerful thing! And it just makes it harder for those that pay for a fridge or have a true medical issue to get one. I hate it that anyone would recommend this.:sad2:

Definitely do Pop Century with three guys. My husband and I stayed there in February and loved it. It will still be a great experience for the new person because all of the resorts are great.

As others have said, do the 2 rooms. We have done this several times at Pop and ASMu. Two bathrooms. Nuff said.

thanks all for the reassurance.

At first my friend John was like, CSR again! but i told him why i thought 2 rooms would be better and he was like... you know, let's do that.

I figure if we want, we can always take a bus to CSR one night and have a couple of drinks by the lake again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter