2 Rooms at Pop or AoA, or 1 Suite at AoA?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StrongholdMom, Aug 18, 2012.

1. StrongholdMom

StrongholdMom Earning My Ears

Hi all! Wondering if you could help me decide on a few things:

1) Should we stay at AoA or Pop? I like the idea of staying at a brand new resort. We're planning for November 2013. This is our first time at a WDW Resort. We usually stay off-site at our Marriott Timeshares.

2) Should we opt for 2 connecting rooms or a Family Suite at AoA? We are a party of 4 adults and 2 kids.

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

I'd definitely pick 2 rooms at the POP. You'll have 4 beds and 2 bathrooms and then 2 of the mini fridges. The suites at AOA sleep 6 but I think it's aimed more toward families of 2 adults and 4 children with all the fold out furniture beds......not sure an adult would be comfortable on those for a week.

Two rooms at AOA would be okay, but you're going to pay a lot more for them since it's a newer resort and the only wing that has connecting rooms is the Little Mermaid section, the rest are family suites. Here is a site that shows the layout: Art of Animation

Here is the DIS thread on AOA too: Dis Art Of Animation Thread

And the DIS thread about the POP :) POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest thread

You can always stay at POP and walk across the bridge to check out AOA :)

Have fun planning :)

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Id do two connecting rooms at Pop.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

5. Singinglizzie

Singinglizzie DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that connecting rooms aren't guaranteed. If you can afford the extra for the AOA suite - that is what I would do. Go while the resort is new. Personally I always prefer new if that is a choice. Plus the new pool looks awsome!!

6. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

Consider where you want to sleep and keep in mind these rooms will be smaller than the timeshares you likely have been staying in.

With two values, you will have 4 full-size beds and two rooms, each with 277 square feet of space.

With the AOA suite, you will have 1 queen, a table that converts to a bed and a sleeper sofa and 565 square feet of space.

I recently stayed in a 2BR marriott timeshare, and we had a king-sized bed, two queen size beds and a sleeper sofa with 1074 square feet of space.

If it was me picking, I would skip the suite with all those adults unless I could guarantee getting the queen-size bed!

7. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

I'd go 2 rooms too but I'd probably stay at AoA since it's new. They are only like 10 bucks more than Pop a night not a lot of extra $$ like previously posted. I'd request connecting if you want them but I think nearby would be ok since its more adults? just an assumption

8. MistressMerryweather

MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

I'd do AOA. If you are used to bigger, maybe do the suites. If it doesn't matter to you either way, do two rooms. That is what we are doing in Sep/Oct. We are a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids. We are arriving early in the morning and fingers crossed we can get connecting rooms.

9. summerw

summerw Mouseketeer

Why not let the adults who would have to sleep on the foldouts decide? We're getting a suite because my mom said she wouldn't mind the foldouts and she prefers the suite. I feel a lot less guilty about her sleeping on it since it's her choice. It doesn't seem like either choice could be wrong