2 rooms at POP or 1 bedroom value villa at AKL?

wdwnewfnut

Mouseketeer
It may seem like a no brainer to some but here is our situation. DH, DS who will be almost 3, me and Grandma. Both DH and I love POP but have never stayed anywhere else. If we rent dvc points and are able to get the villa at AKL it would only be a few hundred dollars more than two rooms at POP for 2 weeks. We have visited AKL and absolutely love it. One down side is we would not get free dinning, I know it may not be offered next September but the chances are looking pretty good. On the other hand we would have a full kitchen at AKL so we'd be able to get groceries delivered which could be a plus if DS stays on his picky eating trend. I'm afraid we'd miss POP though.

Every thought and opinion welcome!! Trying to see this from all angles.

It may seem like a no brainer to some but here is our situation. DH, DS who will be almost 3, me and Grandma. Both DH and I love POP but have never stayed anywhere else. If we rent dvc points and are able to get the villa at AKL it would only be a few hundred dollars more than two rooms at POP for 2 weeks. We have visited AKL and absolutely love it. One down side is we would not get free dinning, I know it may not be offered next September but the chances are looking pretty good. On the other hand we would have a full kitchen at AKL so we'd be able to get groceries delivered which could be a plus if DS stays on his picky eating trend. I'm afraid we'd miss POP though.

Every thought and opinion welcome!! Trying to see this from all angles.

Couple of things to remember about the villa. First, there's no sleeper chair in the value villas, so is grandma okay sleeping with a kid? And also, there's a king in the master bedroom and a queen-sized pullout in the living room. There's no second "real" bed, just the pullout.

And finally, if you want a value villa, be prepared to find someone to rent the points from (which will mean paying in full) at 11 months out (which will be next month).

Grandma's fine on the sofa and DS will either be with us or her, not a big deal either way for our family. I also realize I would have to book 11 months in advance which is why I'm having this dilemma now. I'm curious about what others would do.

We almost always rent points so I would almost always recommend that route. We love the space of the villas, the kitchen, the washer/dryer...all of it! I know a PP alluded to it, but the value rooms at AK are VERY hard to come by so be prepared if only standard or savannah are available, even at 11 months.

I would definitely recommend AKL because it's gorgeous and the savannah will be great with your young son. The restaurant at Kidani (Sanaa), is one of my all time favorites and Boma at the Jambo House is great too. But fair warning, it takes longer to get to and from the parks for AKL than it does anywhere else but it is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter