2 rooms at All Star vs 1 at AKL???

Lizal

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide what to do about our upcoming trip in Jan. We can book 2 rooms at ALL Star less than the price of one at AKL. We usually stay at one of the deluxe resorts but with no discounts available (except AAA, if you call that a discount) we are trying to cut back. The CRO said he could guarantee adjoining rooms. Any opinions out there?

The rooms at AKL are very pretty...the carved furniture, bedding, lighting.....However, we also considered them very small. My husb and I both agreed that had our kids been with us, we might have driven each other crazy in the tight quarters. You might want to investigate the actual sq. footage to help in your decision making. The number of people in your family might also be a factor. That being said, many families stay at AKL and absolutely love the experience. I am sure you'll get other opinions. Have a great trip wherever you decide to stay. AKL is a beautiful resort.

We did the AKL room once for our family of 5. We had the 1 queen bed, 1 bunkbed and the daybed. Just wondering if the swan or dolphin would interest you. They both accomodate 5 with a rollaway. The roll away is a $25 extra charge. They give AP, AAA and govt, nurse and teacher discounts. We stayed there this aug. and it was a good deal for us versus 2 all star preferred rooms. Good luck. Also you might want to keep the transportation issues in mind.

I would stay at AKL. It depends on what is more important to you. Would you rather have more space or more luxurious accomodations? I think it's a personal opinion. I think I would enjoy the trip more by staying at AKL even if we were more crowded in the room - but for some people space may be more important than the actual hotel itself. Think about what means the most to everyone in the group and then go from there. Good Luck!::yes::

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :crazy: pirate: princess:

Have you considered Pop Century? It will be new and you could have two rooms with two bathrooms.

Its definately the bathroom issue for our family....especially with two teens! I would go for the two value rooms, just makes life alot easier in the morning! But, of course it depends on the ages of your children too!
:sunny:

Right now we usually stay in one deluxe room with our family of 4. But I have thought about getting 2 rooms at a value resort, because we have 2 growing daughters (13 and 9), and we'd have the 2 bathrooms to work with. With 5 people, it depends - are they all adults or teenage girls? Or is it 2 adults and 3 small children? A lot, of course, depends on what kind of rates are available.

Michelle

How many people (and which age brackets) are in your group? I think that could be a deciding factor.

If you're concerned about going "down" from a deluxe to a value, I can tell you from my own personal experience that it didn't bother me a bit. Everyone is different of course, but frankly, I can be somewhat snotty [*wave* to my DB friends], and I didn't have any problems during several stays at the All Star Music. For me, it's just a room, and as long as the room is clean and has enough space for me and my stuff, I'm a happy girl. Things that sometimes bother people about the All Stars and why they don't bug me:

* Combo shampoo/soap dispenser in the shower - I bring a zillion of my own beauty products anyway.
* No valet parking - I typically don't have a car, but if you do, the plus is that you can park very close to your room.
* No sit-down restaurant - I like to eat at various resorts anyway, and probably wouldn't stay at my "home" resort for dinner for more than one night. Plus, the food court is large with lots of options if you want a quick inexpensive dinner.

Anyway, that was probably more info than you wanted, but what can I say? I'm procrastinating work! :teeth:

Since you've been to the deluxes I would stay at AS if you are trying to cut back. If you've stayed at OTHER deluxes and not AKL I would try to trim back somewhere else and try AKL. Granted, I don't know where else you may be able to cut back but that is what we have done.

All of us want to get the biggest bang for our buck, especially when it comes to the high cost of a WDW vacation, so it is tough to remember that we're on vacation and no matter where we stay or what we do it's how we do it that makes the best times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter