2 room reservations

Bowman432

Earning My Ears
Since value resorts don't have enough space for my family, if we book 2 rooms, what are the chances or is there a way we can be sure we will get 2 rooms close or at least in same building?

Disney are always very accommodating, so if you let them know your situation I'm sure they'll get you in rooms nearby.

Also, in some resorts they offer adjoining rooms, with a connecting door inside. You could request one of those :goodvibes

With all of our trips we have had adjoining rooms. They had the door in between so it was like we had a huge hotel room. :thumbsup2

Be careful of your wording. To Disney, adjoining rooms are rooms near each other. If you want the inside door you need to request Connecting Rooms. And keep in mind you can request them, but they are never guaranteed. I've twice not gotten them when requested. The second time being just two weeks ago.

What are the ages of all of the people in your family?

We just got back from doing eleven nights, in two rooms at Pop. I had requested adjoining rooms and ended up getting connecting rooms which was so nice. Our kids are adults (18 and 20) so I would have been fine had we not gotten this but it was so nice to get it.

Just be aware Disney does not guarantee anything, even if they say they do on your reservation. But they do try very hard to make these requests happen particularly if your children are younger.

I wish the AoA suites were not so expensive, since that really solves this dilemma.

Have you thought about a suite at All Star Music?

I booked 2 rooms at CSR last night. I asked if they could be adjoining. The CM said that with kids they had to give us adjoining. My boys are older, so if that doesn't happen, it will be ok. I just hope it happens.

I booked 2 rooms at CSR last night. I asked if they could be adjoining. The CM said that with kids they had to give us adjoining. My boys are older, so if that doesn't happen, it will be ok. I just hope it happens.

If you said adjoining, all that means is rooms near each other. If you want rooms with the inside door you need to ask for connecting. To Disney they are very different things.

I really take issue with some people from Disney promising things over the phone they have no business promising. They have no way of knowing what type of room or room set up you will get at check in--your room isn't even pre-assigned until a few days ahead of your vacation! Disney doesn't keep track of rooms that connect vs adjoin, as neither is a category that we can book.

Odds are good you will get what you request for, but I've been denied by the Disney request gods more than once. So it does happen! Heck twice I've not even gotten the type of room I have booked! I've been downgraded. :sad2:

If you said adjoining, all that means is rooms near each other. If you want rooms with the inside door you need to ask for connecting. To Disney they are very different things.

I really take issue with some people from Disney promising things over the phone they have no business promising. They have no way of knowing what type of room or room set up you will get at check in--your room isn't even pre-assigned until a few days ahead of your vacation! Disney doesn't keep track of rooms that connect vs adjoin, as neither is a category that we can book.

Odds are good you will get what you request for, but I've been denied by the Disney request gods more than once. So it does happen! Heck twice I've not even gotten the type of room I have booked! I've been downgraded. :sad2:
I guess I should have asked what their definition of adjoining was! Luckily, the boys are 17 and graduating HS, so as long as we are near each other, I'm fine. I have been known to show my tail at check in. ..hope this is not a repeat. I feel you should get what was sold to you. Except upgrades. ..I always take upgrades! :rotfl2:

This may be a silly question, but when you were downgraded they credited you the difference in price didn't they??
I've been upgraded (against my will - Pirate Rooms CBR) and not charged more, but never downgraded.

This may be a silly question, but when you were downgraded they credited you the difference in price didn't they??
I've been upgraded (against my will - Pirate Rooms CBR) and not charged more, but never downgraded.

Yes, but it took a phone call once I was home. They told me I could switch rooms part way through my stay, and as I was on the dining plan and not feeling to trusting I refused. From what I was told they took that to mean I was absolving them of having to refund me any money. I disagreed.

I've booked a preferred room at ASMu twice, and didn't get it either time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter