2 reservations at same restaurant

WinniethePoohfanatic

Earning My Ears
I have a question. I made a thanksgiving reservation at cape may cafe for 7:40 pm. I just got a 6:30 but I kept the 7:40 just in case we run into airport problems since we are arriving on thanksgiving. Has anyone done this before? can they ssee i am at 2 different times and cancel one of them on me.

I am going to be proactive when I arrive and cancel the 7:40 in enough time for another family to get this reservation if I can make the 6:30.

Did they take your credit card info since the reservation is on a holiday? I know that when we have been there on holidays (4th of July & Christmas) they always took cc info and if you didn't show you were charged a fine. I can't remember if it had a cancellation deadline or if it was just if you didn't show. :wave2:

michaelwilliammidd said:
Did they take your credit card info since the reservation is on a holiday? I know that when we have been there on holidays (4th of July & Christmas) they always took cc info and if you didn't show you were charged a fine. I can't remember if it had a cancellation deadline or if it was just if you didn't show. :wave2:

They stopped doing this last year.

You may run into the problem that they'll cancel one of your reservations, as they do random checks. I'd stick with the later reservation myself, but I always like to give myself plenty of time when I'm travelling. If you get there early, you can always try to check in early, or explore the resort.

Since it IS Thanksgiving, why don't you save yourself some stress and give another family a break and cancel the earlier one now.

I've heard of random cancellations of "double" reservations, but I don't think it happens very often.

Forever42 said:
They stopped doing this last year.

You may run into the problem that they'll cancel one of your reservations, as they do random checks. I'd stick with the later reservation myself, but I always like to give myself plenty of time when I'm travelling. If you get there early, you can always try to check in early, or explore the resort.

Thats good to know....I wasn't sure if they were still doing that or not. :wave2:

missypie said:
Since it IS Thanksgiving, why don't you save yourself some stress and give another family a break and cancel the earlier one now.

I agree, with Thanksgiving being hard to get, you should let go of one now. This way another family can enjoy it.

pal said:
I agree, with Thanksgiving being hard to get, you should let go of one now. This way another family can enjoy it.

Agreed. I'd cancel the early reservation. If you are hungry when you arrive you can get a light snack to tide you over.

Anne

I totally agree with what the others are saying.
Let go of one now. Give another family a chance. Have a snack if you're hungry when you get there like another posted.

Have a nice vacation :)

Wanted to echo other sentiments on the thread-- Thanksgiving ADRs are hard to get-- I'd suggest calling to cancel the first one. If you're early, hey, you're early. But at least some other family can eat at 6.30pm.

Ditto, cancel your earlier meal now. Cancelling a few hours before hand isn't doing anybody a favor.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter