• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 questions

cxr

Mouseketeer
La Hacienda de San Angel..... 8:00 or 9:15 ADR??? for Illuminations?

Coral Reef or Akershus for lunch.. i know Akershus has characters but the ADR is so late (2:45) compared to coral reef which is at 1:00. i dont want cold food or hurried princesses thats why i am asking. Plus coral reef seems pretty.

Remember that there is no guarantee you'll get a table from which you can see Illuminations at La Hacienda. On that note, if the show is at 9:30 pm (my guess because you listed 9:15 pm as the other ADR), I would say go with the earlier one. If they are running behind schedule (as Rose & Crown often is), then a 9:15 ADR might be cutting it close. My family usually aims for a 7:30 pm ADR for a 9:00 pm Illuminations - that way we're enjoying dessert while watching the show (we are not speed eaters, so our average dinner takes about an hour and a half to two hours).

La Hacienda de San Angel..... 8:00 or 9:15 ADR??? for Illuminations?

I agree with the PP's advice on this one.

Coral Reef or Akershus for lunch.. i know Akershus has characters but the ADR is so late (2:45) compared to coral reef which is at 1:00. i dont want cold food or hurried princesses thats why i am asking. Plus coral reef seems pretty.

We've done Coral Reef for dinner...the food was WAY over priced and just so-so...and I'm a really easy-going person who is used to Disney restaurant pricing. I just checked the lunch menu at allearsnet, and the prices are not very different between dinner and lunch. The atmosphere is fantastic and totally worth experiencing, and I'd be tempted to try it again and order appetizers and dessert instead.

Even though I've never been to Akershush, I took a look at the info on the Disney website. I don't think that it closes between lunch and dinner, so you wouldn't have to worry about tired princesses...unless 2:45 just happens to be the end of one shift and the beginning of another. And as far as cold food goes, it seems that the buffet items are supposed to be cold and the hot food is brought to your table! :)

I suppose that your best bet is is to decide which restaurant fits better into your overall travel plans...where do you plan to spend your time that day? Do you have another ADR for dinner, and would the 2:45 lunch ADR be too late for you to enjoy both? Would you have to dress and undress princesses before and after Akershus, and then keep up with all of the dresses and accessories the rest of the day? Is the character experience important to you, or would you and your family rather have a meal next to a floor-to-ceiling aquarium?

Good luck to you whatever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter