2 Questions about OKW

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
We're there in May and was just wondering... what's the coolest thing you like about OKW and what's your favorite item on the menu at Olivia's Cafe?

p.s. This is the beginning of our new twice-a-year DVC vacations and I'm climbing the walls waiting to go!!!:sunny: :bounce: :earsboy:

Well, I've not tried it, but I hear the Key Lime Pie is to die for.

There's so many fun things to do...... I guess swimming with the kids early in the morning (before there's a crowd) probably rates right up there.

My favorite thing about OKW ---- sitting on the balcony having breakfast; sitting on the balcony reading during an afternoon break from the parks; sitting on the balcony in the evening watching the ducks. Hmmm....there seems to be a pattern here. :)

I love the hamburgers at Olivia's. They also have a turkey reuben type sandwich that I usually order at least once while we're down there. The key lime pie is good but the chocolate layer cake is even better.

Ooh! I "love" the fried chicken breast dinner - it's sinful (all that gravy!!), but AWESOME!!

As far as favorite thing to do - just walk around the resort and "soak it up." I really enjoy getting up early and taking the walking path over towards DD. OKW is so relaxing to me - I just love it!

What I like is opening the door and knowing that I'm "home." There's a sense of comfort in seeing the same furnishings. It's as if I never left.

We don't eat at Olivia's often, usually just breakfast on our last morning.

We used to enjoy the Conch Fritters.

My favorite thing about OKW: 8 pts a nite between Thanksgiving & Christmas :)

But seriously, I really like having my car right outside my door. We've stayed at BW and VWL and really don't like playing parking lot lotto.

As for Olivia's: Only eaten there once,had the Mahi Mahi, it was very good. Olivia's just always seemed overpriced, even by Disney's standard.

Roast Beef sandwich with tomato and mozarella cheese. Like a french dip. Usually served at lunch. Not sure about dinner. They took it away for awhile and had to bring it back because it was so popular.
Benedetta

We enjoy the walking path early in the morning when things are quite, it's a nice walk to the West Side. Taking the boat ride to DD is enjoyable also!

I have not eaten at Olivia's in awhile but they use to have a great peanut butter pie!!!

We where there in Feburary and March, I miss the place already, only have to wait till December to go back!!!

We like "everything" about OKW......laid back,parking, coffee on the balconys, larger rooms, etc.:D :D

I also had the Mahi-Mahi which I recommend. The carmel apple pie served warm a la mode was fantastic. During the month of April, lunch and dinner at Olivia's is 10% off to DVC Members.

WE like everything about OKW too. Especially the balcony and the boat to DTD. Also like the golf course views and the canal. I can't live without the parking outside the door!!

The palm trees; and the smell of the gardenias in bloom right outside of your door.....

The fact that the quiet pools are usually not busy; we have had them to ourselves many times.

The sereneness of the place--after a day doing the Dumbos at MK, it is a welcome relief!

Trudy

Love the conch chowder and key lime pie. Sitting on the balcony with my paper and morning coffee is great. Taking a before bedtime walk around the resort is very peaceful.

Open spaces, Balcony, Surrey Bike ride around the resort, Parking right out front and the Quickness to Downtown Area - by boat or car (Although car is our perferred choice because we buy lots of treasures)

And finally the feeling of coming home - just left 2/16/02 and counting the next 5/1/02.

Relaxed Laid Back feeling.
Key Lime Smoothie
Friendly people
Conch Chowder
Relaxed Laid Back feeling.
Key Lime Pie
Friendly People
ETC.ETC.ETC.:)

That "At home" feeling. Coffee on the balcony in the morning listening to the birds chirp. large spacious rooms. Friendliness of staff. Hank's for the kids. Bike and boat rentals. Exercise room (not for me, I'm on vacation but DH enjoys it).

Oivia's is good. Kids like Mickey macaroni and cheese!! Salads are good and chicken is also good. DH really likes it. i did have the mahi mahi once, it was good.

Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter