2 of My Postcard entries sent back to me???!!!

DisneyToddlers

Mouseketeer
I've been mailing entries in for a few weeks now. I use the stamped postcards and write the entry address on the stamped front. I write my info on the back. Well, 2 of the cards came back to me. Is this happening to anyone? I try to make sure my info is to the left of the card, but it looks like that doesn't help. It seems that the Post office sometimes mistakenly sees the back as the front. Any suggestions? Thanks!

When you write your info on the back of the card turn the card 90 degrees so you are writing across the short side. (This is so hard to explain without pictures!) Also write "TO" and "FROM" just to make it clear to them.

Good luck!

Just checking - the PO Box number was changed for 2008 entries to P.O. Box 8650. If you're using last year's box number that could get your cards returned.

Does anyone know the complete address for 2008, please ?

I have the same thing happening to me!
I have the right po box
i was wondering if the zip code needs a 4 digit number at hte end?

Hi, Thanks for your replies! I do use the correct address and most of the entries don't get returned. It's just frustrating that some of them do. I'll take dwaters suggestion and write my info at the 90 degree angle and see if that helps for the future.

Do you all put a return address on the front and your info on the back? Or just your info on the back? Maybe my post office is just careless! Maybe Daphne's is also :confused3

I have never had any returned (knock on wood) and we are at nearly 200 total sent. I address the stamped front (using only the Post Office postcards) and also put my/our complete return address on the front (as if addressing a regular envelope).

On the back... I always date the entry at the top (ex. "Entry - Wed. 4/23/08") and then put my/our info as required. I also decorate it a tiny bit (sticker or artwork).

My DS and I both won :woohoo: a set of "Ears", DH has yet to win anything!

Good luck! :wizard:

I have the same thing happening to me!
I have the right po box
i was wondering if the zip code needs a 4 digit number at hte end?

Just put the PO BOX and on the 2nd line the elmhurst, IL

DONT put any Disney, or YOAMD, or anything like that. its just the po box and city and state.

I haven't had any of my postcards that I sent to Disney come back but I have had other postcards come back to me before. I think sometimes the Post office machines read them backwards or something.

So is everyone decorating your cards or just leaving them plain?? I wasnt sure if this would be a "violation" of sending them in, since they are particular on size etc. But do you think you'd have a better chance at winning this way or do you think it's just the luck of the draw??? :confused3

We've sent in around 30 a piece so far (DBF and I) and nothing so far!!! Wishing everyone pixie dust :wizard: who has been sending religiously :worship: like we have!! :rotfl:

So is everyone decorating your cards or just leaving them plain?? I wasnt sure if this would be a "violation" of sending them in, since they are particular on size etc. But do you think you'd have a better chance at winning this way or do you think it's just the luck of the draw??? :confused3

We've sent in around 30 a piece so far (DBF and I) and nothing so far!!! Wishing everyone pixie dust :wizard: who has been sending religiously :worship: like we have!! :rotfl:

We have always decorated ours in some manner. :goodvibes

We have won two sets of MM Ears. :thumbsup2

We sent in well over 100 before receiving our winning MM Ears and we have sent in over 230 now with only two wins, it's simply luck of the draw!

I cannot even imagine how many entries they receive daily. :confused3

Also, we do address ours (we always have and again, we did win twice so they are not voided, with Entry 2007 (last year) and Entry 2008 this year (the line before the PO Box).

Good luck, we hope you receive a box soon! :cutie:

New at this blogging thing. What is all this chatter about DVC and postcard mailings. Is this part of the year of a million Dreams??:confused3

New at this blogging thing. What is all this chatter about DVC and postcard mailings. Is this part of the year of a million Dreams??:confused3

There are a couple of DVC memberships available as YOMD prizes. Prizes in all prize categories are given away in the parks and to people who mail in entries. You can find all of the rules, mailing address, and prize lists in this thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1329422

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter