2 NYC Police Officers Murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truly heartbreaking. The mayor needs to resign now! I am so glad the police turned their backs to him, he deserves no respect. My prayers are with the families of these police officers.

I wish people would stop trying to find other excuses for what happened to the officers, they were ASSASINATED for the UNIFORM THEY WORE, plain and simple.

If this was about mental illness then the vile evil that did this would have just shot random people but it didn't it went and found 2 police officers in sitting in a police car and executed them.

Don't desecrate the memory of these officers by blaming mental illness or gun laws that is not the reason these officers are dead.

Very well said.

Prayers for the families of the fallen officers and for all other officers out there risking their lives to protect the very people who hate them, and to their families who worry about them every day. :grouphug:

There was also another shooting attempt on an NYPD officer. There was a report of someone shooting out windows. When the police responded he pointed the gun at the head of a cop and pulled the trigger. Luckily, he ran out of bullets.

The two NYC officers that were killed were working OT in the 79th Precent which was not their home Precent. Why were they there? This was high crime area in a Predominantly African American housing project.

I don't understand your post at all :confused3 If they were there on O/T it's probably because they were either ordered to be at that post or volunteered for extra hours because NYPD is one of the lowest, if not the lowest, paid force in NY.

Regardless, WTH are you trying to say talking about the area they were on patrol in ? Every area deserves police presence.

You do realize this lunatic was not even from there don't you ?

God rest their souls.

Our Leaders did support the protests but also supplied the rhetoric that Police were not to be trusted. It gave me great pleasure to see all of the NYPD officers present at the Hospital where the two officers were pronounced dead to turn their backs in a symbolic gesture when de Blazio walked through.

:worship:

I wish people would stop trying to find other excuses for what happened to the officers, they were ASSASINATED for the UNIFORM THEY WORE, plain and simple.

If this was about mental illness then the vile evil that did this would have just shot random people but it didn't it went and found 2 police officers in sitting in a police car and executed them.

Don't desecrate the memory of these officers by blaming mental illness or gun laws that is not the reason these officers are dead.

:worship:

I don't understand your post at all :confused3 If they were there on O/T it's probably because they were either ordered to be at that post or volunteered for extra hours because NYPD is one of the lowest, if not the lowest, paid force in NY.

Regardless, WTH are you trying to say talking about the area they were on patrol in ? Every area deserves police presence.

You do realize this lunatic was not even from there don't you ?

God rest their souls.

He had ties to people in Flatbush Section of Brooklyn, I believe that he was from Georgia. The two officers who gave there lives, were providing protection. Where do I say that no one deserves Police Protection. These High Crime areas require a strong police presence. Yet when something goes wrong, it's the cops fault. It's time that people and the protesters realize that crime is the problem. And if you don't come down hard on it, the results will be like the NY of twenty years ago.

The reason they were there on O/T was because of the crime rate increasing in that area. I would like to see the Mayor, Attorney General, and the President but the blame on the reason for the issue that is caused Ferguson and Staten Island, Crime, Not the race.

With the exception of Michael Brown's step-dad, I think both families have gone out of their way in their grief to ask for peace. Unfortunately I think the civil rights industry (formerly the civil rights movement) led by the crooked Rev. Sharpton has provoked a lot of this.

Michael Brown's mother was brought in for Assault Charges, Because her ex husbands new wife's mother was selling teeshirts in support of Michael Brown. She and a group jumped out of vehicle and grabbed up all of the shirts. This was kept pretty quiet in the media. Both of these families (Brown and Garner) have engaged or Welcomed Sharpton to do their bidding. The 15 Year old that was accidently killed by a police officer in NYC told Sharpton to basically pound salt when he tried to have himself give the Eulogy at his Funeral.

I know I shouldn't joke but we should make Al Sharpton the US Ambasador to North Korea. Sort of kill off two birds with One Stone.

The police are only human and it will only be a matter of time before they look the other way and not enforce crime as vigorously have they do now. NYC is a safe city BECAUSE of the police. Look at other cities (Chicago, Detroit, Newark etc), where crime is out of control in poor neighborhoods. Don't believe the media that the protests are "peaceful" in NYC. At a recent one the protesters were all chanting, "what do we want" and then said "dead cops". Let's see how the residents of NYC feel when the crime rates start going up.

Michael Brown's mother was brought in for Assault Charges, Because her ex husbands new wife's mother was selling teeshirts in support of Michael Brown. She and a group jumped out of vehicle and grabbed up all of the shirts. This was kept pretty quiet in the media. Both of these families (Brown and Garner) have engaged or Welcomed Sharpton to do their bidding. The 15 Year old that was accidently killed by a police officer in NYC told Sharpton to basically pound salt when he tried to have himself give the Eulogy at his Funeral.

I know I shouldn't joke but we should make Al Sharpton the US Ambasador to North Korea. Sort of kill off two birds with One Stone.

I hadn't heard that about Brown's mom. I had heard his father make some comments that I thought sounded very reasonable given the situation. I heard Garner's daughter on the news and she was very clear that she didn't feel it was a racial situation.

I grew up watching the local NY news in the 80s so I remember the Tawana Brawley fiasco. I just don't get how he has any credibility, especially with the POTUS.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!

I am sick of these "Hands Up/Don't Shoot T-shirts". That guy in Furgeson didn't even have his hands up yet they continue to wear them. There were protesters who called for dead cops....now they got them.

I feel so horrible for the policemen murdered in NYC (and their families). My son is an NYPD officer so this hits very close to home. I am outraged at the Mayor and his words over the protesters and policemen assaulted during the protests.

Maybe I'll make up t-shirts for police to wear...."Protecting You, Don't Shoot".

MJ

I would love to see some real outrage in the media that compares with that which followed the Brown/Gardner deaths, but we all know that won't happen.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!

I am sick of these "Hands Up/Don't Shoot T-shirts". That guy in Furgeson didn't even have his hands up yet they continue to wear them. There were protesters who called for dead cops....now they got them.

I feel so horrible for the policemen murdered in NYC (and their families). My son is an NYPD officer so this hits very close to home. I am outraged at the Mayor and his words over the protesters and policemen assaulted during the protests.

Maybe I'll make up t-shirts...."Protecting you, don't shoot".

MJ

The mayor's comments about his son were particularly unfortunate given that his son is protected by NYPD.

My children, like de Blazio's, are biracial. I won't tell my son he needs to be careful around cops. I'll tell him to respect them.

I would love to see some real outrage in the media that compares with that which followed the Brown/Gardner deaths, but we all know that won't happen.

Compared to the incessant Brown/Garner news coverage there is NO comparison to the LACK of news coverage for these two policemen who were killed. Where is the outrage?

MJ

The mayor's comments about his son were particularly unfortunate given that his son is protected by NYPD.

My children, like de Blazio's are biracial. I won't tell my son he needs to be careful around cops. I'll tell him to respect them.

I think all children should be taught how to behave if stopped by police. Not just some. Maybe it is not common sense, maybe it does have to taught. Be respectful and don't mouth off.

MJ

I hadn't heard that about Brown's mom. I had heard his father make some comments that I thought sounded very reasonable given the situation. I heard Garner's daughter on the news and she was very clear that she didn't feel it was a racial situation.

I grew up watching the local NY news in the 80s so I remember the Tawana Brawley fiasco. I just don't get how he has any credibility, especially with the POTUS.

All I know is the first lawyer for the Garner family was Sharpton's buddy. At Al's Birthday Bash, the lawyer, Al's Buddy, took home a National Action Network Woman Staffer. She was drugged and raped by the lawyer. No outrage from Sharpton on that. Most likely Sharpton's sham National Action Network is providing legal assistance in turn for donations when the family sues NYC in a wrongful death lawsuit. The guy is a "Huckster", I just don't understand why the President and Mayor de Blasio give this guy any credit at all.

Patch'sD I 110% agree with you. This is nothing short of devastating. I cannot even imagine the grief of those families. I am absolutely disgusted with the NYC mayor. I am glad the NYPD turned their back on him. Good for them. How he puts his head on the pillow at night amazes me. Perhaps he shares the pillow with our POTUS.

I would be terrified to be a police officer anywhere right now. Our leaders have encouraged a vigilante society and now that is what they are getting. Where is Big Al? Oh- no rights for the officers right? He's not leading any protests? Shocking I tell you. NOT! Disgusting. Those poor officers simply sitting there doing their job. There is simply NO EXCUSE for this heinous crime that occured. I wish their families peace although I know that nothing can help what I imagine their grieving to be.

If you want change in the world be the change you want to see. Clearly there are large groups of people who want the change to be a world of looting and arson, assault and murder. I weep for what some have become.

I think all children should be taught how to behave if stopped by police. Not just some. Maybe it is not common sense, maybe it does have to taught. Be respectful and don't mouth off.

MJ

THANK YOU!!!! Isn't that just common sense? Does the mayor really think he's teaching his child something different than the rest of the sane world?:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter