• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 nights of 8 night trip NOT on dining plan WWYD?

jbcole82

Earning My Ears
Hello! We have an 8 night trip booked in a few weeks (Sept 4-12). I only have the free dining plan for 6 days because I extended by two nights at a later date and it was no longer available. So I have been trying to decide where to eat on those two extra nights (arrival day and first day in parks). Our dining plan reservations include Boma, Ohana, Germany, Akershush, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef. I want to make the other two nights good choices for use outside the dining plan but not spend too, too much both nights. Any suggestions? Perhaps something not included in the dining plan, not a good value on the dining plan or even 2 credit meals? We are with our 3 year old daughter, but she is fantastic at restaurants so that's no problem (we dine out a lot).

Thank you!

Arrival day were usually tired so take advantage of that day and eat at a CS - departure day same thing. Just my opinion.

Sci Fi or 50s PTC might be a fun meal if you will be in DHS one of those days. How about Hoop Dee Doo Revue one night?
Or the Plaza if you'll be in MK. Raglan RD at DTD is good, too.

I would recommend The Plaza at MK too. It's probably the cheapest TS in WDW. Our food has always been good and it's nice to take a break during our long MK days.

If you are up for it I would definitely try a signature. Jiko and flying fish are some of my favs or yachtsman if you are in a steak mood. Otherwise if you are looking to do table service for less cost via Napoli, Sanaa, and raglan Road all come to mind.

One of our favorites is Via Napoli, and I know they are not always dining plan friendly, so it may be a good OOP option. When we were looking at cutting back without the dining plan our choices were also the Plaza or Sci Fi depending on what park you are in. They are both TS meals at close to QS prices.

We have the same problem at the end of Oct. We are not starting our dining plan the 2 nights we are at WL before we go to POP. I really don't have anything planned except BOG the for lunch the day we get in. There are so many counter serves that we like that we will not get to when we are on the dining plan that I am okay with just CS. I am looking for one more TS for the first full day we are on the dining plan.

The Plaza at the MK is a lower cost TS and I think the food is very good.
We love HDDR - but I definitely would not schedule that for arrival night. Travel day has way too many uncontrollable potential delays, that I would be hesitant to make an expensive ADR that day.
We also very much enjoy Raglan Road in DTD. It is a beautiful restaurant, with warm, friendly servers, excellent food and fun entertainment.
Have a Great Trip

Earl of Sandwich at DTD is a great place for awesome sandwiches! I am trying myself to find a way to fit that Holiday Sandwich in! LOL

Beaches and Cream? It's really popular choice lately so maybe on your last day?

Hi, We also have the same problem! Our other problem is that we are going over our DDP allotments anyway, so we will be paying OOP for a few meals anyway. With CRT, it really can't be avoided unless you want to cut a meal out to compensate for it. I guess these are bad problems to have - LOL!

Oh, but I would just add that there are some nice affordable TS options which it isn't so bad to pay for OOP. They have already been mentioned but places like Via Napoli and the Plaza are great. I think Cape May breakfast is a good character meal to have to pay OOP for too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter