• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2 Nights Contemporary MK view + 5 nights boardwalk inn?

blackacex2

Mouseketeer
Thinking about doing a split stay - 2 nights MK theme park view at the contemporary and 5 nights at the boardwalk.

The thing is- it's going to cost an extra $650 to do the contemporary vs staying at the swan for two nights on starwood points (our original plan).

Is the MK view at contemporary awesome and totally worth the splurge?

Discuss!

Wow, you're really having a hard time narrowing it down to 10 resorts or so! :rotfl: I don't think 2 nights at the CR is worth $650. I would choose one of your other plans.

No love for the contemporary I guess. And yeah- I am having a hard time narrowing it down, but for me it's a lot of fun to explore all the different options.

I figured the ultimate Disney resort experience must be the contemporary magic kingdom view, but maybe I'm wrong. All I know is the Grand Floridian, especially with the construction going on, is getting absolutely no love. I am slightly interested in the Poly- but their magic kingdom view is almost $100 more than the contemporary for two nights!!

In my opinion totally worth it.

Not only do you get a front row seat for fireworks, you go to sleep and wake up looking at the castle.

You can walk to the MK also.

The MK castle view from the Poly is not worth it to me. It is too far away and looks very small. I would prefer a view from high up at the CR. I like the Poly for the tropical atmosphere.

Oh, we love CR. In fact we have 5 night stay booked at BLT next month. I just think 2 nights there is not enough to get the full resort experience unless you don't do park time. If you can do 2 free nights at Swan/Dolphin, I would definitely do that, then pick one resort for the rest of your stay. BW is great for 2 adults. How many trips have you done to WDW? For most people, the first few trips are so park centric ( there is soooo much to do), that the resort experience is secondary. For our family, resort time is just as important ,if not more so, than the parks. However, I would say for the first 3-4 trips it didn't matter so much where we stayed.

CR is awesome! We love MK view. Splurge it is totally worth it. We love love love the location. Love the room. Love the access to the monorail. Love being able to go to Mk for an hour or 2 after a nap. It is awesome!

We've never stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never done anything for me, but I think a CR TPV is worth a try at least once. With that said, we are trying a TPV for 2 nights in December after a cruise. It's expensive for just 2 nights, but I figure it gives us a chance to try the resort to see if we like it instead of booking 7 or 8 nights there and hating it. If it's doable and doesn't break the bank, I say stick with it for 2 nights.

If you're going to spend a lot of time in the MK then the Contemporary is probably worth it. The view from the MK rooms is really nice.

IMO I think the MK view IS worth it. Both locations are also great and you get the best of both worlds with both resorts.

If saving money is very important I would go with Dolphin/Swan - and its still in that great EPCOT resort area!! :)

I think I'm going to do it! Of course my iPhone screen has to shatter today costing me $229 plus tax...

This is the view from our 2bdrm BLT balcony. This is NOT zoomed in at all.
disney201230thanniversary3177.jpg

sorry I don't have a daytime view.

When I make decisions regarding if something is "worth" it. I find it helpful to put it into %. For instance if we spend apprx. $6000. on a WDW vacation, then personally I would find the apprx. 10% extra worth it. The reasoning is different for everyone. I love sitting on the balcony at the end of a day. In addition the capability of walking to MK or taking the monorail. We also love early ressies at Chef Mickeys.

We had a 3 resort stay last trip that included BLT and BWV's. I love both of them. I've never stayed Swan/Dolphin though, so perhaps others that have stayed both will be able to compare if the money is worth it or not.

Either way... have a great vacation.
Sorry to hear about your phone breaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter