2 Months Out

LenInMaine

Mouseketeer
It took a little over two weeks from closing, but I'm finally "in". I was so worried because I'm very close to two months out, and I figured nothing would be left in the 1brs. Boy an I shocked. Almost every resort has an opening. It must just be luck? My question now is, our first two days are already booked at our home resort SSR. Should we switch to another resort for the last 4 days? We have 4 children ranging from 1-8, what would you suggest for another resort, and how easy was/is the transfer?

Unless your 4 children are all older than 5 I would not want to have to switch between resorts after 2 days- that is a lot of packing and unpacking and hauling- with older children they can at least help. For a first trip I would suggest going with 1 resort that has all your days available. I personally like being able to unpack and just use the room - you would have to pack any grocery items up as well as all your bags- you may be homeless from 11am till after 4pm on the day you switch so no easy naps.

Unless your 4 children are all older than 5 I would not want to have to switch between resorts after 2 days- that is a lot of packing and unpacking and hauling- with older children they can at least help. For a first trip I would suggest going with 1 resort that has all your days available. I personally like being able to unpack and just use the room - you would have to pack any grocery items up as well as all your bags- you may be homeless from 11am till after 4pm on the day you switch so no easy naps.
We can still "resort hop" correct? Stay at SSR, but go check out the other resorts? i'd love to see AK and BW.

We can still "resort hop" correct? Stay at SSR, but go check out the other resorts? i'd love to see AK and BW.
Anyone can visit any other resort. You can't pool hop to every one, but every resort is open to be walked through, even if you can't see the rooms.

Studios are the first to book and you will find 1 bedrooms available sprinkled across the calendars. With 4 kids I would stay at a resort for the entire vacation. Next time stay at a different resort, before you know it you will have stayed at all of the WDW resorts and you will know which are your favorites and if you need to buy a different resort for the 11 month advantage.

I suggest that you start a journal and record the pluses and minuses of each resort as you see it. How was transportation, the room size and possible locations, the pools, the food, the theming, the feel, the families vote. Later after a few years you can refer back to your report to decide where to stay and where not to stay.

Take it slow, you have years to use your DVC, no need to rush, what you don't see or do this trip, you can do the next!

:earsboy: Bill

I 'resort hop' all the time to check out other resorts and see what they are like. We like to try out the restaurants at other resorts for a change. After 24+ years as members we take it easy. The only limitation is which pools you can 'hop' to. remember as DVC members you no longer have to do "commando Disney" (or as I call it "Do Disney in a Day or die"). You will be back. What you don't see this time you can do next time. My niece who became a member just a few years ago says that her kids (9yo and 6yo) are 'Disney spoiled' and often prefer spending a day at the pool to going crazy at the parks. :smooth:

No way with children that age would I move. Basically the day of the move you are homeless. Stay in one place and as Bill said, look forward to other resorts for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter