2 mnsshp

sanapp

DIS Veteran
Does anyone attend 2 MNSSHP while on vacation for a week. I am considering adding a second party for DD and I. Crazy????

You're not crazy in my book! We've attended 2 MNSSHP for the last 3 years, one to enjoy all of the festivities and a second to take advantage of the attractions being walk-ons!

I've done 2 parties in the past on the same week.

This is the first year in awhile I'm only doing one party and it's probably my last for a few years since Maleficent and the Snow Queen are now an additional cost for the Soiree. I love the characters and villians are great.

I'm considering going to Disneyland instead for their Halloween party. I'll need to start saving though since that involves a plane ticket and a car rental since I'd also have to see my sister who lives a couple of hours away from Anaheim.

My sister did 2 in one week with her dd. The first one they did more of the candy thing, and for the 2nd one they took more advantage of the very short ride lines :)

My family usually does two parties when we can because it gives us more of a chance to relax and enjoy the party. We do a lot of the same things on both days (parade, fireworks, trick-or-treating), but we don't feel like we have to rush from one thing to the next.

I was thinking one might to do parade, fireworks and soiree. Second night to do other characters and trick or treating. It is only the two if us and we only go every other year! We have free dining, so that really saved us aloe of money!!!

I'm going in October, and if I had enough funds, I totally would have added a second MNSSHP. One to concentrate on rides, parade and Hallowishes and one to do characters.

I've done 4 Christmas Partys during my 15-night stay last december and doing at least 3 Halloween Partys this time (I have one day I'm not sure if I want to to a third nights at Horror Nights or a 4th MNSSHP...will decide one I get there).
So no, you're not crazy at all. So much fun to see the parade and the fireworks more than once.
For the MVMCP I did parade/fireworks every time, focused on characters during 2 partys and shows/rides on the other two. It was perfect since I was relaxed knowing I really will be able to do everything and won't have to rush or skip things.

We have several days planned for the rides, so I don't care about that during party time. I was just thinking of adding the second one to of the characters, trick or treating, enjoying the atmosphere..... It just seems impossible to get it all done in one night! It just happens to be that a second one would fit in our schedule quite nice as long as it isn't sold out

I wish I would have done two parties last year. There is so much to see and do, that one night did not seem to cover it all.

This year we are doing two!

I'm guilty of doing two this year. We have tickets for the first night we get there, and the last night we'll be there. We have Soiree tickets for the last night, so the first night we'll concentrate on the other party festivities and really get in the Disney spirit. And the Soiree will be a nice treat to really end the trip on a high note (I hope!)

.... and have a costume for each party. :cool1: And we are all adults!

We are in DW for 10 days and are attending MNSSHP for 3 nights. This will be our 3rd trip of doing MNSSHP for 3 nights! One night is spent on rides, another on the parade and fireworks and the last night for candy!

Yes! Started after my first MVMCP and was not able to enjoy it so got a second ticket. Now whenever I go and there is a hard ticket party- I get two. You never know what will happen with weather and who may have the grumpies and be unable to enjoy it. I also bring two costumes when doing 2 MNSSHP twice in a week. Go for it and have fun!

We always do 2 parties (MNSSHP or MVMCP). DD always wants to see all the characters, and we found that doing that we don't have time to also hit the parades, shows, dance parties and soak up the atmosphere. We just can't do it all in 1, so we do 2!!! The first time, we had gone to MVMCP and didn't get everything done, so I decided to splurge and buy tickets again for later in the week as there was another night that had not sold out. I figured I was probably crazy....but I wasn't sorry we did it and we've never looked back! Now we book 2 nights before we go (...and although I'm ashamed to admit it- one year we had so much fun at MVMCP that there was 1 more party that was not sold out during our trip so we wound up doing 3 that year:blush::rolleyes2). If your gut tells you that you want to do it, go for it!!!!!

Just noticed you said you were planning on doing the soiree at one of them. If you are doing the early seating of the soiree and you can afford it, I would absolutely do 2 parties. One you focus on the soiree benefits- the parade, villians show, castle show, fireworks, and meeting the villians and enjoying the soiree. The second, you can see the other characters around the park, hit a dance party, get some hitchiking ghost and other pics around the haunted manion, enjoy the atmosphere, and do a little trick or treating. That is exactly what we are doing this year.

Ktlm that is exactly what I was thinking. Yes we are booked with the first soiree of the evening. If we had a second party night we could even leave after the soiree if we were tired.
First night:
Parade
Fireworks
Soiree

Second night:
Other characters
Trick or treating
Haunted mansion
Hitch hiking ghosts

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks thus way!!!!

:worship: Brilliant, people! I never knew this was a thing - going to more than one. :) DD and I were talking about how much there's going to be to do, and I told her, "Do you know, some people on the DISboards go to 2 parties to fit it all in!" She thought that sounded like a great plan. :thumbsup2: Alas, we have a shortie trip (weren't even supposed to be going to the parks at all this year on account of having had 2 other trips elsewhere and our cruise next spring break :rolleyes1 ) If this thing pans out, we are coming back and doing 2 parties!!! I am a Halloween-a-holic and a Disney-a-holic and the fact that I've never been to MNSSHP (let alone twice in one trip) is just not right.

I am contemplating adding another party :) So I think it is not absurd!!! I love Halloween and this is the whole reason of going in Oct for me... (except a mini Epcot food frolic!) :)

Ktlm that is exactly what I was thinking. Yes we are booked with the first soiree of the evening. If we had a second party night we could even leave after the soiree if we were tired.
First night:
Parade
Fireworks
Soiree

Second night:
Other characters
Trick or treating
Haunted mansion
Hitch hiking ghosts

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks thus way!!!!

:thumbsup2:goodvibes It also works well if you want to see the absolute most popular characters- such as Jack and Sally and the Dwarves. One night you can get in line for J&S long before the party starts, and the other night do the same for the Dwarves. That is what we were going to do last year, but I wound up getting a BOG ADR for 5:30 on our 2nd party night, so that trumped the Dwarves (especially since DD and I were both dressing as Villager Belle!). Usually I wouldn't even think about doing a TS dinner right before a party, but couldn't resist that one- it was worth it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter