2 MB for 2 different Disney Resorts

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
I've read mixed reviews re: multiple Magic Bands for a split stay. The reports appear consistent and agree if all MB's are linked to the same MDE, you can use any of them to gain access to your FP+, enter the parks and for charging privileges.

Are the MB's also interchangeable for access to your resorts? So if I have a red MB as part of my GF reservation (part 1 of my stay) and a blue MB as part of my YC reservation (part 2 of my stay)...will the blue MB (YC) open the door at the GF. Technically I ordered blue MB as part of my YC stay and while I am still at the GF, my YC reservation hasn't started. :confused3:confused3

My concern is if I wear the "wrong" MB for the particular resort I am in as part of a split stay, while it may allow access to the parks and charging, it may NOT allow access to my room.

I'm hoping they are all truly interchangeable. :woohoo: I actually have 3 sets of bands (WL, then GF, then YC) and IF I have to stick with the color associated with each resort's reservation...it will get confusing between 4 of us (12 MBs for my family for 1 trip). :sad2:

Thanks

They are fully interchangeable as long as they are all linked to you in MDE. It is a good idea to touch each MB to the pad in your room door to make sure they link to your resort reservation and will open all of the doors at your resort such as the lobby doors after hours. Sometimes they will only open the door to your room unless you do this.

Yep...they are fully interchangeable. I did a split stay last September at Pop and AoA. I was able to continue wearing the one from my Pop stay for the entire trip. I tried all bands at each of the resort rooms (more out of curiosity than any need) and they all opened each door. I had an extra band as well for one person who ended up not being able to come...and his bands worked at both rooms too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter