2 kids 6 & 7 Chef de France or Biegarten?

miah2o

Earning My Ears
As the title suggests, we are trying to choose between the two. Want to consider both the food quality and the fun factor. Which would you suggest with a 6 and 7 yr old. (they are in French immersion school so I thought that might be neat for them to try and speak French) If you could give me a reason for your choice, that would be great.

Thanks for your assistance.

Happily planning our second Disney World adventure.

If you think your children will really be up for speaking French with their server, Chefs could be fun; we've always found cast members in Epcot very willing to encourage your use of their language, and very kind about it. We like the food there, and the atmosphere is lovely. Remy may or may not be out/visable -- but otherwise I wouldn't call this a "fun" restaurant.

Biergarten has a live, interactive show and you sit at long, communal tables. You also have easy access to your food and the kids can try different things and change their minds since it is a buffet. This would be, from the way the restaurant is designed, the more "fun" choice.

I would say just look at the menus and see which will appeal more to your family. Also get a good sense of whether or not your kids will be willing to speak French -- if they won't, then this is really about whether you'd prefer French or German food for your meal.

Have a great trip!

our two grandkids...one was 5 and one was almost 7...LOVED Biergarten...they loved the umppa music and they actually ate quite a bit of food...a lot of good choices...
Hope you have a great time

I was so hoping to love or even like Chefs but, found the food just bland , ordinary and meh. The best thing about this place is Remi interaction which is possibly the best character interaction there is on site....( That is if you consider it a character meal) The guy with Remi is really a lot of fun, but to me that's all I got out of this restauarant.

Biergarten, we visited for the 1st time, this past August with a large group of 16...This was a very festive fun evening for sure. But Make sure you're hungry...LoL:thumbsup2

I love the food at chefs way more than biergarten. At chefs the appetizers, main course, and dessert were all wonderful and delicious. Plus my DS12 and i both loved seeing Remy.

Biergarten food wasn't as good as chefs in my opinion. But the atmosphere was unique and fun. We loved chatting with our table mates.

They can speak French on the way to Germany, but Beirgarten is the best choice imho.. with great food, live and very entertaining music, and just a wonderful atmosphere overall.

:goodvibes

My kids were 6 & 7 on our last trip. We ate at Chefs. Later that night, I took my hubby and kids into Biergarten for a quick look around. I had eaten there before but they hadn't. There was a band playing and kids were dancing, etc. My kids looked at me and said "umm, why didn't we eat here instead of that French place?" I promised them that we would eat there the next time that we go ;) HTH!

Both my boys enjoyed meeting Remy at Chefs de France but if you gave them a choice, they'd both choose Biergarten. They love the oompah show and all the choices on the buffet.

Both my boys enjoyed meeting Remy at Chefs de France but if you gave them a choice, they'd both choose Biergarten. They love the oompah show and all the choices on the buffet.

This is exactly how my children feel. They like Chefs and meeting Remy was cute but they loved Biergarten and that is the one they ask to go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter