2 grown ups & 3 16 year olds! PTR

grad06

Mouseketeer
2 grown-ups & 3 16 year olds! PTR

My trip is getting closer and I feel that it is now time to do my PTR.
So first of all the cast:

Me-Sharon, 42. My birthday while we are there so another year older:sad2:
DH- Chris, 47.
DD- Georgina 16.
DD Friend- Molly 16 1st visit.
DD Friend- Hannah 16 1st visit.
Must be mad taking 3 16 year olds.

When-10th August-14th August 2012

First night? To be booked today?
Then 11-14th NBC

Traveling by car on Eurotunnel. DVD player will be in place to keep them quiet!!

This trip is very special to us. DH has no kidneys, is on dialysis 3 times a week, has a heart problem, mental health issues and this year has been diagnosed with a neurological condition. DH has been very ill and has deteriorated badly this year. He spent Christmas day in intensive care. But we are on a positive note just now and not letting his condition keep us down.
On a happier note I am sooooo excited about this trip.

Trip plans:
Character Tea party on Sunday to celebrate my birthday and our 23rd wedding anniversary, with the girls.

Girls are planning on a day in Paris.

A morning in Paris for me, while DH has a dialysis session.

Other than that I am not planning anything.

A few likes to do though:
Dip in the pool.
Outlet shopping.
Salon Mickey- been 3 times as a shareholder and never been in. A bit scared of knocking on the door to be admitted!
Cocktails!!!
Watching the world go by.

So thats my PTR. Now just counting the days.:dance3::hourglass:dance3:

Oh, I am so excited for you :cheer2: there is no where better to go and stay when you're on a positive note and Congratulations on your 23rd wedding anniversary :love:.

DLRP is great for teenagers I took 6 of them onc e on my own and our youngest son [you can see him on the left of this photo] this was our first morning walking into the parks :banana:
SDC10109.jpg

They were all so well behaved, I'm sure yours will be the same . I hope you get lots of time to unwind and relax and that you and Dh get some quality time together :)

kaye

Wow three teenagers - that is brave. Hopefully they will look after themselves leaving you to enjoy the cocktails. :goodvibes

Thanks bonhoga. You were very brave taking 6 teenagers, they looked like a great bunch though. Yes can hardly believe that it has been 23 years. Still feel like a teenager.:rotfl2: just wish I looked like one:rotfl:

Jothp, DD has promised me plenty of time to have cocktails. Think she hoping to have a taste:lmao:

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned :goodvibes

I think it's a great idea taking 3 teenagers. They'll be happy to go off and keep themselves happy meaning you get some chill out time too. Best of both :)

Hope you all have a fantastic time :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned :goodvibes

I think it's a great idea taking 3 teenagers. They'll be happy to go off and keep themselves happy meaning you get some chill out time too. Best of both :)

Hope you all have a fantastic time :thumbsup2

Thanks Ms Poppins. Yes the teenagers have said they will be off doing their own thing. DD has said though that if I need her then she will not be too far away. She is such a worrier.
Want her to have some time with her friends and not be worrying about her dad.

Booked hotel for first night yesterday:). Campanile MLV Bussy Saint Georges.
Had good reviews, meant to be clean. This is just some where to get a nights sleep before we head down to DLP.

Hoping to have enough funds to be able to treat us all to DLH breakfast for the first day as it is my birthday. Told DD can not afford it as doing the stay over the night before but would like to surprise her. Car boot here I come:rotfl2:

OMG where has the time gone!

Just 2 days till we set off on our trip.
Really getting in the holiday mood now, just got to change money and iron and pack.

Got DH's dialysis slot for the Monday. Got to be at the clinic for 7am in the centre of Paris so taking a train in at 5.45am train. Bit nervous about this bit but also looking at it as an adventure, never been in the city before. Was going to do some touristy things but will most probably not be able to as DH tends to feel really ill after dialysis so will just head back to NPB. have a rest and then back into the parks for a bimble.

just 2 sleeps to go now.:banana:

stayed at bussy its really nice just got back from taking two teenage girls ,they loved it ,in fact its not stressful taking older kids as you are not always worried you will loose them ,or they are tired ,it was my DD 7th trip so she knows the park well so they could go off on their own for a while (we had a cheeky beer in the sports bar lol)
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

stayed at bussy its really nice just got back from taking two teenage girls ,they loved it ,in fact its not stressful taking older kids as you are not always worried you will loose them ,or they are tired ,it was my DD 7th trip so she knows the park well so they could go off on their own for a while (we had a cheeky beer in the sports bar lol)

Thanks Stargatebarbie.
My DD has been a few times so she is confident about getting around the Parks. I think your right that as they are older they know their limits and chill when need too.
I'm hoping to find time to have a cocktail in the sports bar.
Loved your photos you look very chilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter