2 Families/7 people....villa vs 2 resort rooms?

DarkwingDad

DIS Veteran
We are going in October(me, DW, DD-14, and DS-11) with another family(they have 1-DD 16yrs, plus mom and dad)....trying to figure out whether we would be better off getting 2 resort rooms or 1 villa? As far as resorts we are thinking either CSR, YC/BC, Poly, or Cont.....villas we haven't explored yet, so open to suggestions.

I vote for a certain amount of separation, so I like the two room idea. but, if you wanted to share costs..the villas have those bedrooms and the kitchen. Having 2 different rooms allows you to customize each family's tickets and payment options.

I am sure you will receive lots of advise from the veterans. We have only made one visit and we stayed at CSR for that trip. Our family has grown quite a bit since that trip and now we are a family of 6--4 adults (me, DH, DfosterS19, DS18, DD15, DS2). We chose to go off property for the budget, but that's going to add more confusion to your pot.

We are going in October(me, DW, DD-14, and DS-11) with another family(they have 1-DD 16yrs, plus mom and dad)....trying to figure out whether we would be better off getting 2 resort rooms or 1 villa? As far as resorts we are thinking either CSR, YC/BC, Poly, or Cont.....villas we haven't explored yet, so open to suggestions.

I would choose a 2 BR Villa. You will have at least 2 BR's as well. Each family will have their own space, as well as a common living room area to relax in. A full kitchen is a great plus and a money saver, even if you just use it for breakfast and snacks. Also the Villa will have a stackable washer and dryer, allowing you to pack less.
Good Luck

My vote would be for 2 rooms. CSR is a really nice moderate resort with 2 queen size beds in each room.

The only problem with doing a villa is that they only have one room with a king sized bed and a jacuzzi tub. Someone will end up with a less nice room/bathroom set up. You would have to figure out what family got which sleeping spaces, and if maybe whoever had the nicer room would pay a bit more.

I'd do the 2 rooms just to keep things equal.

So, I think we have decided not to go to the CR and are leaning to CSR, YC/BC or Poly....thanks for all the help so far. Also, haven't completely taken a villa off the table yet, so any opinions are welcome. I also found out that my brother and his wife are coming too.....they probably don't want to go the villa route.

I would go with 2 different rooms. With the wide range of ages of the kids it makes sense to be apart for part of the day.

Have you ever traveled with this family? If no the go with 2 rooms.

We have traveled with my sister and her family several times and now that the kids are all adults we stayed in a 3 bedroom villa. I don't think it would have worked before now.

We are booking today....down to the wire....AKL vs Poly. I think we'regoing Poly. Any thoughts?

I think the Poly has a better location. And I know it has a great view of the Castle, and of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Plus you get the Electrical Water Pageant floating by. Definitely Poly.:goodvibes

I vote for 2 rooms. We've traveled with several different families and found that really works best for us.

We are booking today....down to the wire....AKL vs Poly. I think we'regoing Poly. Any thoughts?

I love them both. Poly has a great location and is getting all new room decor. AKL is wonderful with all the animals, and is less $$$. The Poly rooms are larger and it's probably will be easier on all of you in terms of getting to the parks, etc. Plus it is nice to view Wishes from the beach.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. I'd look at location, money, and room photos to make the decision. :goodvibes

both BCV and BLT are dvc resorts with 2-bedrooms.

both are pretty wonderfully.

BLT has better views - you can walk to the MK and take the monorail to TTC.

BCV you can walk to Epcot and either walk or boat to DHS.

if you can afford them go with the 2-bedroom. You get the master bedroom - the second bedroom will have if you get a dedicated - 2 queen beds - if you get a lock out it will one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

you also get a living area - at BLT you can get a lake view or MK view (this depends upon how high - lower down it is a parking lot view)

BCV you might get a woods view (also backside of Epcot), garden view (backside of BC or Epcot), or pools views.

you get a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

at blt you will get 3 bathrooms and at bcv you will get 2.

you can rent from a DVC member and save you some money.

here are pictures
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/g986-bay-lake-tower-at-disney-27s-contemporary-resort.html

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photos/BeachClubVillasRooms/index.html

Thanks for all the advice. We booked the Polynesian.....we are very excited! My brother and his wife have booked the KVAKL....the friends we have going haven't booked yet. Disney is filling up quick! Again any tips for us as far as special things to see at Poly are appreciated.

Thanks for all the advice. We booked the Polynesian.....we are very excited! My brother and his wife have booked the KVAKL....the friends we have going haven't booked yet. Disney is filling up quick! Again any tips for us as far as special things to see at Poly are appreciated.

Special things at the Poly...
-- the tiki torch lighting ceremony (much better than I expected)
-- the hammocks on the beach
-- watching the EWP and Wishes from the beach or your balcony
-- the Dole Whip machine at Captain Cook's
-- the volcano slide
-- renting water-mice (little boats) at the marina (much better than I expected)
-- the beautiful gardens

Hope you have a great time there!!!:goodvibes

great choice. Poly has the largest rooms(aslo cr) and daybed. I think it will work great for your family.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Kae said:
great choice. Poly has the largest rooms(aslo cr) and daybed. I think it will work great for your family.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We stayed at poly with 9 ppl 2 resort rooms and we were very comfortable

Two rooms, no question. I still want to be friends at the end of the trip! Even with separate sleeping quarters, staying in a villa is too much togetherness.

carolinamama said:
Two rooms, no question. I still want to be friends at the end of the trip! Even with separate sleeping quarters, staying in a villa is too much togetherness.

I agree. Two rooms for sure! You need your space!

Was crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter