2 Evening EMH Questions

dcmbshafe

Mouseketeer
Question #1 - if evening EMH is being offered at EC, does that mean that WS & some of FW are open until midnight? If not, what is the deal?

Question #2 - what is the latest time you can get into the park where evening EMH is being offered? Example - if MK is open to the public until 9pm, can you enter any time prior to EMH closing at midnight?

TIA

dcmbshafe said:
Question #1 - if evening EMH is being offered at EC, does that mean that WS & some of FW are open until midnight? If not, what is the deal?

Question #2 - what is the latest time you can get into the park where evening EMH is being offered? Example - if MK is open to the public until 9pm, can you enter any time prior to EMH closing at midnight?

TIA

Q1. Yes. Many WS "lands" are open. (some shops, some reaturants).
American Adventure, Maelstrom and Rio del Tiempo rides are open.
Many FW rides are open.

Q2.
Here's how EMH works for all parks.

Look up the POSTED open and close times for any day, any park.
Only WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed EHM privileges and it COSTS NOTHING EXTRA to attend the EMHs.
There are slightly different situations for MORNING and EVENING EMH's.

-------MORNING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------
If it is a MORNING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed entry to THAT park on THAT day starting ONE HOUR before the posted opening time.
At least ONE person in your party should have a room key-card with them (sometimes EACH person needs to show one) to verify your current hotel status and gain entry.
So, only WDW resort guests will be ALLOWED INTO the park.
Once inside, only selected attractions will be open.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage

-------EVENING EMH FACTS--------------------------------------
If it is a EVENING EMH, then WDW resort guests staying on-property will be allowed to stay and ride attractions at THAT park on THAT day for THREE HOURS after the posted closing time.
You do NOT have to be in the park BEFORE scheduled closing time.
You CAN enter the park at any time during EMH and still get a wrist-band.
You can leave and re-enter the park at will (just like any normal time).

(So, YES, if MK is sched. to close at midnight, the EMH will run til 3AM! Yep, that's 3 in the morning. No, its not a mistake, that would be 3 full hours after the posted time. 3AM for a posted 12mid close-time. 3AM, yes sir!)

EACH guest (except for very small children) will need to show a room key-card to a CM at special "EMH kiosks" set up in various locations throughout the park, and a wristband will be snapped on by the CM to each adult and child. Children older the 3 will be issued a room key when you check in if they are listed on your ressie. If they are not listed you will have problems if they don't get issued a room key.Children over 3 will be issued a room key when you check in. Make SURE the check-in desk issues each one a room-card.
The ride CMs will check these at each attraction before allowing guests to enter the queue.
So, even though non-resort guests may still be INSIDE the park, only those with wrist-bands will be allowed to ride any open EMH attractions.
See the official WDW website for the latest attractions that will be open during EMH.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/extraMagicHour?id=CalendarExtraMagicHoursPage
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You can enter the parks for EMH EVENINGS anytime... during "regular" hours, or even during the actual extended EMH hours.
This 1-hour morning EMH and 3-hour evening EMH rule applies at all 4 parks. Enjoy!

Thanks very much! I have only one follow-up question - I have seen a number of sources that list which attractions are open during EMH - do you know of any source that lists the attractions that are NOT open?

dcmbshafe said:
Thanks very much! I have only one follow-up question - I have seen a number of sources that list which attractions are open during EMH - do you know of any source that lists the attractions that are NOT open?

Well, that would be any attractions NOT listed.

(Unless I don't understand the question.)

You understood fine, but rather than comparing the entire list of attractions at each park with the list of attractions that are open, I was hoping to scan a list of what is closed to make sure I knew what I would miss at a particular park if I only went during the EMH time. I don't mind cross-referencing to figure it out, but I thought that it would save me a little time..Thanks

dcmbshafe said:
You understood fine, but rather than comparing the entire list of attractions at each park with the list of attractions that are open, I was hoping to scan a list of what is closed to make sure I knew what I would miss at a particular park if I only went during the EMH time. I don't mind cross-referencing to figure it out, but I thought that it would save me a little time..Thanks

A word of caution.

PM EMHs, when more attractions are open (compared to fewer during the AM EMHs) are usually quite CROWDED.

I would not want to ONLY visit a park for a PM EMH and not get to experience many attractions due to long lines.
Many times the FP machines are not even open during PM EMH.
So comparing the "not open" attractions might be futile, as you might not get to ride every attraction that IS open during the 3-hour EMH window.

A very LATE EMH (like if MK had a "regular" closing time of 11pm - EMH would last until 2am) will be less busy than an EMH that starts at a more "familly-friendly" hour.

Thanks for the advice. The WDW website has a different list of attractions that are open than the DIS (which indicates more offerings at evening EMH in MK, such as Country Bears and Jungle Cruise). We've never been to one of these, but we'll be there for MK EMH evening when the park will be open to the public until midnight - is it really crowded from midnight until 3am?

dcmbshafe said:
...MK EMH evening when the park will be open to the public until midnight - is it really crowded from midnight until 3am?

That is one of those special times when Evening EMH should be very empty (by comparison).

Get plenty of sleep ahead of time, and, along towards 1am, expect to be amoung a very "select group" that's still ridin' into the wee small hours at MK! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter