• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 different interest rates for points purchased same day?

bsusanmb

Childhood sweethearts married on the Magic 6/2/13
I purchased 125 points at SSR and 125 points at VWL as add ons back in Jan. My interest rate through Disney for SSR is 9.75%, but for VWL it is 10.75%. They are both direct debit. I called accounting, and they said it was because different properties might have a different interest rate. Is that right? She said that the guide is the one who puts in the interest rates. I called my guide and left a voice mail. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?
Thanks

sorry i can't really offer an explanation - but i bet disney would letcha pay 10.75% for both purchases if ya wanted to ;) ;) ;)

We just purchased at VWL and our interest rate is 9.95%. I would call and ask why the difference in rates.

Did you put the same percentage deposit on both purchases? My understanding is that the interest rate is tied to size of the deposit.

We just bought as a first timer on February 28th. (Yeah!!) Our guide said that as of March 1st, the financing structure was completely changing and rates would be changing as well. She said that the rates would now be based on credit score as opposed down payment. Because we technically agreed to our contract in Feb., we could use either financing structure. If you bought in Jan., you might want to see if they accidently signed you up under the new program.

Spoke with my guide - they should all have been 9.75%! He said he will work on this with accounting, let's hope he can and does!! I told him that the accounting person said the percentage is different at different properties - he said, oh, brother...NO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter