• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Days to tour MK--which plan would you choose?

slickpoetry

Super Planner
Which of the below plans would you do, considering the following info:
  • 4 adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 year old in a stroller
  • Crowd level somewhere between 4 and 6
  • Will try to be there at rope drop, but can't guarantee it
  • Two consecutive days, followed up on a third day by MNSSHP
  • We will watch the parade and Fireworks at MNSSHP, so they are not much of a consideration during the other two days. In fact, we'll probably not go to either.
  • There are no ADRs to consider; we will be packing a picnic lunch to save time and money, then eating dinner at a Quick Service place
  • All 3 pre-booked FP+ will be between 11 AM and 2 PM, so we can draw additional FP+ after using them (trip is not until October)
  • Since 5-year old is not tall enough, we will all forgo riding on Space Mountain, but want to hit all other rides.

PLAN A
Day 1: Spend all day in Fantasyland. Maybe sneak over to Haunted Mansion.
Day 2: Spend morning in Tomorrowland, Spend afternoon in Adventureland & Frontierland.

PLAN B
Day 1: Walk up to Fantasyland, and do all rides to the left of the Castle (IASW, PP, Philharmagic). Proceed to Liberty Square, Frontierland, Adventureland
Day 2: Walk up to Fantasyland, and do all rides to the right of the Castle. Proceed to Tomorrowland.

Both plans would be followed on a third day by going to MNSSHP, so we could rides during the party that we missed. The main difference is that Plan B divides Fantasyland in two, so the kids get to see it both days. To me it makes less sense to divide it in two, but I'm looking at it through a different set of eyes than they do.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Which of the below plans would you do, considering the following info:
  • 4 adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 year old in a stroller
  • Crowd level somewhere between 4 and 6
  • Will try to be there at rope drop, but can't guarantee it
  • Two consecutive days, followed up on a third day by MNSSHP
  • We will watch the parade and Fireworks at MNSSHP, so they are not much of a consideration during the other two days. In fact, we'll probably not go to either.
  • There are no ADRs to consider; we will be packing a picnic lunch to save time and money, then eating dinner at a Quick Service place
  • All 3 pre-booked FP+ will be between 11 AM and 2 PM, so we can draw additional FP+ after using them (trip is not until October)
  • Since 5-year old is not tall enough, we will all forgo riding on Space Mountain, but want to hit all other rides.

PLAN A
Day 1: Spend all day in Fantasyland. Maybe sneak over to Haunted Mansion.
Day 2: Spend morning in Tomorrowland, Spend afternoon in Adventureland & Frontierland.

PLAN B
Day 1: Walk up to Fantasyland, and do all rides to the left of the Castle (IASW, PP, Philharmagic). Proceed to Liberty Square, Frontierland, Adventureland
Day 2: Walk up to Fantasyland, and do all rides to the right of the Castle. Proceed to Tomorrowland.

Both plans would be followed on a third day by going to MNSSHP, so we could rides during the party that we missed. The main difference is that Plan B divides Fantasyland in two, so the kids get to see it both days. To me it makes less sense to divide it in two, but I'm looking at it through a different set of eyes than they do.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I would do B. With a crowd level of 4-6 you can easily accomplish all of FL in less than a day. We visit every October and are done within 2 hours.

I would go with A. If you finish Fantasyland you can always move on. I would get there as close to rd as possible, hit HM, IASW, LM, and WTP. You should easily be done by 10:30 and would then ride the carousel or do Philharmagic. I would do this for fastpasses: get 2 adults for SDMT and 2 adult one child for Barnstormer and do child swap for those, ETWB for all and PP for all. At 11 do ETWB then have lunch. At 12 fastpass for PP and then ride tea cups and Dumbo if time. Then do SDMT using child swap followed by barnstormer using child swap (assuming 2 year old is too small) You should be done before 3 and could move on to another area or see some characters at storybook circus or the new parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter