2 days at DL

OldKeyWelsh

Mouseketeer
We are arriving in LA next week from the UK and are planning 2 full days in DL. We have been to WDW quite a few times but have never been to DL. I was wondering what should our strategy be? We want to see as much as possible, especially Carsland, and everything else that we have not already seen at WDW.

Even some things you've seen in WDW you should see in DLR, some things are better at DL. :)
First I think you should add more days, we just spend 3 full days and 2 half days (so 4 full days) at the parks, we still didn't all that we wanted to. I would suggest a very minimum of 3 days, if not 4 or 5.
then I think you should plan on park hopping......

OldKeyWelsh we are trying to decide to same issues too. We have been to Disney in Florida 8 times so we have seen and know all of the tricks to enjoying our time there. I have never been to DL and we will be there tomorrow for 3 nites so I am trying to figure out how many tickets we will need and what shows to see and pass up. Its very stressful lol .... and on top of trying to figure out if what should we wear does it get really chilly at night? Our kids are 8 and 10 now so we can stay later if we would want to.

It gets chilly at night but not cold. We were there this week, just got home Wed night, and we only wore jackets one night because we bought new ones while we were there. :) We didn't need them, we just wanted to wear them.
We were in capris/shorts and tank tops.
If you're there for 3 nights I suggest 3-4 day hoppers, depending on your departure and arrival times.

I had a feeling that 2 days wouldn't be enough, but we have already bought our tickets. If we decided on an extra day, would we be able to upgrade our tickets or would we just have to pay for the third day at the gate?

I had a feeling that 2 days wouldn't be enough, but we have already bought our tickets. If we decided on an extra day, would we be able to upgrade our tickets or would we just have to pay for the third day at the gate?

I would recommend at least 3 days

It gets chilly at night but not cold. We were there this week, just got home Wed night, and we only wore jackets one night because we bought new ones while we were there. :) We didn't need them, we just wanted to wear them.
We were in capris/shorts and tank tops.
If you're there for 3 nights I suggest 3-4 day hoppers, depending on your departure and arrival times.

Chilly at night in the summer??? The wife and I are going in October. I hope it's comfortable at that time of year. We were kind of expecting temps in the 70s and 80s during the day.

Chilly at night in the summer??? The wife and I are going in October. I hope it's comfortable at that time of year. We were kind of expecting temps in the 70s and 80s during the day.

Just bring a sweater or jacket in case. It can get chilli at night and in the mornings... But I'm from AZ where if its not 90 degrees its cold :lmao:

Yes, you can add a day at the ticket booths with no problems. Just do it before the end of your last day.

Well sure, during the day it will be 70s and 80s but at night it can still get chilly, it was 86-89 during the day and it was 62-65 at night, chilly IMO.

Yes, you can add a day at the ticket booths with no problems. Just do it before the end of your last day.

Well sure, during the day it will be 70s and 80s but at night it can still get chilly, it was 86-89 during the day and it was 62-65 at night, chilly IMO.

I expected cool nights when I go in early October but I was surprised to hear southern Cal gets cool nights in July. In the south east (Orlando FLA.) summer nights are HOT so I assumed summer nights were hot in all of the south lands. Guess that's what i get got assuming. ;-)

My wife told me were at 72 days and counting for our California trip ... I can't wait to visit Walts park! :hourglass

Usually the temps are in the 70s but this year has been weird.......lol

I expected cool nights when I go in early October but I was surprised to hear southern Cal gets cool nights in July. In the south east (Orlando FLA.) summer nights are HOT so I assumed summer nights were hot in all of the south lands. Guess that's what i get got assuming. ;-)

My wife told me were at 72 days and counting for our California trip ... I can't wait to visit Walts park! :hourglass
See "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

Average low in July/August is 64 F. So roughly half the evenings are cooler than this. In October the average is 57.5 F. So yes, a little chilly at times.

See "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

Average low in July/August is 64 F. So roughly half the evenings are cooler than this. In October the average is 57.5 F. So yes, a little chilly at times.

We're expecting to wear sweat shirts at night when we go in October i was just surprised they were needed in the summer. We're from NH so temps in the 60s and 50s is nothing for us. A sweat shirt when it's in the 50s and we're good to go. In the 60s? ... we'd probably roll the sweat shirt sleeves up or take it off! :cool1:

We are arriving in LA next week from the UK and are planning 2 full days in DL. We have been to WDW quite a few times but have never been to DL. I was wondering what should our strategy be? We want to see as much as possible, especially Carsland, and everything else that we have not already seen at WDW.

We're also from the UK, arriving Friday for 6 nights. We're staying on site, so are intending to use the EMH to get on as many of the big rides as possible early on.

We went at the same sort of time a couple of years ago, and the huge interest following the opening of Carsland (plus EMH access to DCA) has made a difference to our planning. On certain days we intend to head straight to Radiator Springs Racers to get FPs as soon as possible, as they all seem to go very quickly.

If you're not staying on-site I would suggest getting to DCA well before opening and head straight to the RSR FP distribution (near Bugs Land I think). You could also try the single rider line for RSR if you don't mind being split up. Otherwise the lines can get very long.

Luigi's Ti(y)res also get long lines fast, so I'd try to ride that as soon as you get your RSR FPs.

Other than that, it's a question of hitting the popular, slow loading rides ASAP (eg Nemo subs), and remember that it is quick and easy to park hop - and use the FP system.

I actually prefer DLR to WDW in terms of the quality of the rides (and the climate is so much more comfortable in the Summer - though last time we went it took much of the morning for the marine layer to burn off and the sun to come through). Good luck!

We're expecting to wear sweat shirts at night when we go in October i was just surprised they were needed in the summer. We're from NH so temps in the 60s and 50s is nothing for us. A sweat shirt when it's in the 50s and we're good to go. In the 60s? ... we'd probably roll the sweat shirt sleeves up or take it off! :cool1:
We rarely wear anything but tee shirts and shorts in the summer ourselves at DLR. IMO it is not worth bringing around a second layer just to keep a little warmer first thing in the morning or late at night. It can feel a little cool but fine by me. Other visitors feel the need for sweaters - but tend to be in the minority in my experience.

May I recommend reading the following DIS Blog on "Visiting Disneyland in just one day". http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/03/18/disneyland-in-one-day/

For California Adventure, the word is go early, get your Radiator Springs Racers Fastpass, and then plan to spend the entire day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter